WHY and WHEN did Criminal turned her 10th most listened song on Spotify?

Hungry Hun

I live in Turkey and when this song was released, i heard it SO MANY TIMES as ringtones of ppl's mobile phones.

I was shocked. I do not know how it got so popular but i was hearing it as a ringtone every time someones phone rang. I also used to hear it at stores.

I think the flute thing is kinda similar to Turkish traditional music, maybe why it got the attention of ppl.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

I live in Turkey and when this song was released, i heard it SO MANY TIMES as ringtones of ppl's mobile phones.

I was shocked. I do not know how it got so popular but i was hearing it as a ringtone every time someones phone rang. I also used to hear it at stores.

I think the flute thing is kinda similar to Turkish traditional music, maybe why it got the attention of ppl.

Wow that's awesome:qtbrit:

11 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

It became popular on TikTok. Also, the other singles from FF didn’t age that well meanwhile Criminal perfectly fits the current trends so it has more replay value for the average listener.

:flawlessbye:

That's why Criminal, Up & Down, He About To Lose Me, and How I Roll are my favorite FF tracks. They've aged well.

16 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Criminal was a strong song in my opinion, the lack of promotion let it down and it naturally underperformed.

I really wish she would go back to working with Max Martin again. They really do make good music together 

At least it got a decent video.

I'm glad the song has gained some success, it always deserved it. 

22 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Criminal was a strong song in my opinion, the lack of promotion let it down and it naturally underperformed.

I really wish she would go back to working with Max Martin again. They really do make good music together 

She’s not going to release generic Max Martin trash ever again. The sooner y’all accept that, the better. Go listen to Femme Female if you only like trashy pop music.

40 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

She’s not going to release generic Max Martin trash ever again. The sooner y’all accept that, the better. Go listen to Femme Female if you only like trashy pop music.

cuz Britney Jean was such a step up follow up

34 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

cuz Britney Jean was such a step up follow up

I don’t recall mentioning Britney Jean. And you’re only proving my point since before the Myah mess she was supposed to be working with a range of producers, which didn’t include Max Martin 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 11:48 PM, Lorenzo said:

Wouldn’t say Womanizer and Circus were generic trashy pop. Max Martin has did some of Britney’s biggest songs let’s not forget. He’s also made hits for Ariana with NTLTC. Hardly trashy 

4 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Wouldn’t say Womanizer and Circus were generic trashy pop. Max Martin has did some of Britney’s biggest songs let’s not forget. He’s also made hits for Ariana with NTLTC. Hardly trashy 

Neither Womanizer or Circus were written nor produced by Max Martin. I’m not denying that Britney and Max produced some magic in the late ‘90s/early 00’s, but those time are gone. I mean, you can’t possibly call FF magic. I mean it’s a solid pop album, not denying that, but it didn’t age that well. And let’s not forget that Britney has been trying to avoid him for like 20 years, I doubt she’d be interested in working with him again.

Archived