WHY and WHEN did Criminal turned her 10th most listened song on Spotify?

Hungry Hun

WTF is happening?

Is this the 8 years old sleeper hit we didnt know we need?

I remember that Criminal was trending after Suicied Squad got released cause a brazilian fan made a video with the song with scenes with Harley and Joker (brazilian stans are smart asf) :cutebrit:

But what about now? I've been out of the loop for quite some time :waitwhat:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow the GP realised the song existed in the last couple of years and decided to stan. I think Suicide Squad helped with fan made videos of Harley Quinn and The Joker featuring the song. But there are tons of other videos on YouTube with the song that also have millions of views (not including the official MV and fan-uploaded lyric videos).

A few examples below:

16M:

10M:

7.8M:

It's mainly bc of Tik Tok. Kids are crazy about it and they fell in love with the song; it's in Top10 most used songs there.

2 weeks ago I played a guitar somewhere and 14yo girl came to me and asked me to play Criminal, I was in shook.:disbelief:

It's also popular on YT, with views rapidly increasing and 1.2M likes, it's Britney's 4th most liked solo single on YT:coffee:

3 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

It became popular on TikTok. Also, the other singles from FF didn’t age that well meanwhile Criminal perfectly fits the current trends so it has more replay value for the average listener.

Geez, girls are giving life to the "mama i'm in love with a criminal" :wow:

TikTok made it for Lizzo, so I hope the trend continues. Imagine if Criminal charts again because of it :airpls:

Archived