Britney in this interesting video of Best Selling Artists (1969-2019)

Lil Jay

So it's a graphical list of Top11 (yeah, you would expect it's 10 but no) most selling artists from 1969 until today. Every year is divided in 4 quartals. Very entertaining to watch:brityes:

Britney also appears of course, already in 2nd quartal of 1999 I think. And reaches her peak in 3rd quartal of 2001. Well just take a look yourself and leave your opinions:whatitellu:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Soni said:

It's inaccurate or just not the full truth

They are counting certified units
So many artists stop updating theirs like several years in their career...Britney hasn't updated anything but her newest eras and again just barely, these days.

Can you pls explain me what exactly certified units are? Not sure if I understand. Are those albums or? 

4 hours ago, Lil Jay said:

Can you pls explain me what exactly certified units are? Not sure if I understand. Are those albums or? 

Those are sales milestones for albums and singles (etc) I guess?
for example u sell 1M albums in the US...and u can get a Platinum certification (although to get a certification, u have to pay (and provide evidence)) so that's why not many artists continue to certify their stuff and some just outright lie that they have the units (like Tidal tried to fake streams of their artists but they were caught since it was an outrageous number)

So yea, they are basing this study on how many records they certified...Drake and Rihanna have the most overall which is why they are the highest on the list...have they actually outsold someone like Michael Jackson or Madonna tho? Nope

Archived