Double event: Britney Day + the 18th anniversary of 'Britney'

Shadow2003

Oh, wow, I did not expect 3, yes, 3 (!) Britney-oriented events in a row! :gaspney: I already made a thread about yesterday's 6th anniversary of "Perfume", and this thread is about the next 2.

Part 1 (today): Britney Day

I think this event is pretty self-explanatory: today is a day dedicated to Britney Spears and all her achievements, comebacks, music, tours, everything! I feel like there's not much else to say. Just go and stream her discography, I guess!

Part 2 (tomorrow): Britney's 18th anniversary

Tomorrow, we'll be celebrating the release of Brit's third, self-titled album. I think we can all agree that it's a great album, even if it's not in everybody's top 3. This albums showed Britney maturing from a teen pop star to a mature young woman. The teen pop / bubblegum pop sound of her previous releases disappeared for good and was traded for The Neptunes-produced R&B. It brought us iconic tracks which haven't even aged that much, iconic music videos and iconic performances. Here's a little compilation of the best and most important moments from the Britney era:

There are so many more great moments from that era, so feel free to post them in this thread! :)

And, yeah, that's that - we have 2 events to look forward to. How are you going to celebrate / celebrating these events? Comment below!

Also, stream and buy Britney here:

https://open.spotify.com/album/5ax3GTsfX5uCUaNgnJsSG5

https://music.apple.com/us/album/britney-deluxe-version/273143821

https://tidal.com/browse/album/1631761

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney is in my top 3 though, I don't understand why everyone thinks it was such a bad album.  Slave, Overprotected+remix, Boys+remix, Not A Girl, Rock n Roll, Lonely, What It's Like, all make it one of her best albums for me.  Plus it was her biggest era in regards to exposure.  Between the 2001 VMAs (Honestly one of the top 3 most iconic and memorable moments of her career), PEPSI commercials, and the HBO special, DWAD tour (her best tour and dancing period)...it was her best era.  Fight me.

50 minutes ago, ExtraMile4U said:

Britney is in my top 3 though, I don't understand why everyone thinks it was such a bad album.  Slave, Overprotected+remix, Boys+remix, Not A Girl, Rock n Roll, Lonely, What It's Like, all make it one of her best albums for me.  Plus it was her biggest era in regards to exposure.  Between the 2001 VMAs (Honestly one of the top 3 most iconic and memorable moments of her career), PEPSI commercials, and the HBO special, DWAD tour (her best tour and dancing period)...it was her best era.  Fight me.

:truthtea:

5 hours ago, ExtraMile4U said:

OIDIA, Britney and Glory are my trinity.

I still can't believe she was just 19 there.

She's done already so much at the time. In two and a half years (!) she sold 45 millions albums worldwide, and was already the biggest and most successful Teen Popstar of the history of music. That's crazy.

tumblr_p4u69r5m0c1vf4mrho1_250.gif

It was one of her peak for the fans, but I think it was a hard-time for her. She was over-worked (the album, the tour, the movie, the promotion) and with the break-up with Justin Timberlake, the media turned against her, all of a sudden she was this unstable unfaithful ***** in the eyes of the world.

I love the Britney album so much, I love to press play Cinderella til the end, I love her VOICE in those songs. the production feels dated now but I still love it, it's different from Baby-Oops. the Britney was amazing, we were blessed with a lot and how good it was I wish we had more.

is there songs that leaked from this time?

Archived