Perfume's 6th anniversary! 🥳

Shadow2003

I used to be quite up-to-date when it came to singers' birthdays, song and album anniversaries, etc., but not so much recently. I actually wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for this Tweet:

So, yeah, happy 6th birthday, "Perfume"! 🥳

First things first, let's start with the song. It's my favourite on Britney Jean and the only Myah-free song on the record (that's an undeniable fact, even "Hold On Tight" has some Myah on it). Unlike some other songs, the production here is beautiful and so is Brit's singing. I actually realized this while writing, but the lyrics kinda sound like a prequel to "Just Like Me"! :unbelievableney:

Then, the second part: the music video. It's my favourite unreleased Britney music video by a long shot - the concept is very interesting and dark and would surely be one of her best videos had it been released. Unfortunately, as we all know, it got scrapped and replaced with clips put together in a random and non-cohesive order. Here's something interesting, though: I believe that Tweet posted above actually contains some previously-unreleased footage from the original video! :unbelievableney: :unbelievableney: :unbelievableney: I mean, I haven't watched "Perfume"'s official video for a long time, but I'm pretty sure that scene with the ring and on the rooftop were never there... :ponderney: Also, this clip seems to be the beginning of a much more cohesive story... could it be that another leak is coming very soon? I sure hope so! :unbelievableney:

So, for the 6th birthday of this synth-pop beauty, stream it on Spotify here:

https://open.spotify.com/track/0DOgMeHlNponAEqczZoxX0

Also, don't forget to show some love to The Dreaming Mix too, it's phenomenal! :unbelievableney:

https://open.spotify.com/track/69l9iqeW1B9fjqsqM0i9LH

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Do Somethin' said:

I never really liked that song tbh :idkha:... and after Work *****, Perfume was NOT the right choice for a second single imo :verycool: oh and i think "Don't Cry" is also Myah-free lol :gloria:

but Happy Birthday to Perfume anyways :yay:

I don’t hate it and I feel it deserves a spot on the album as it’s unique but never thought it was single worthy. 

13 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

There’s rumors that it will be part of a future Director Cut Edition. Maybe for the 10th anniversary. Myah Marie will be the other girl that the lyrics mention. :wontcry:

:gloria:

10 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I don’t hate it and I feel it deserves a spot on the album as it’s unique but never thought it was single worthy. 

Same tbh, i love the way she sounds... Very mature, you know? But i hate some of the lyrics and as u said, not single worthy :verycool:

2 hours ago, andreafly1 said:

Uhm actually that's exactly the official video, no exclusive scenes or something else new. :mcorangu:

Oh, yeah, you're right!... :icant:

Being a stupid ***** is fun! :jj:

3 hours ago, Do Somethin' said:

oh and i think "Don't Cry" is also Myah-free lol :gloria:

Hmm... yeah, that's true too! Funny how I keep forgetting that song's existence despite the fact that I actually like it. :queenie:

That'd be the second dumb ***** moment of this thread... wow, I'm doing really well! :jj: Someone find the third one! :jj:

55 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

6 years?

giphy.gif

Everybody always says they feel so old whenever an anniversary like this happens and I really can't relate, 'cause I wasn't even around to witness any of it. :crying1:

1 hour ago, Do Somethin' said:

Same tbh, i love the way she sounds... Very mature, you know? But i hate some of the lyrics and as u said, not single worthy :verycool:

3 hours ago, Do Somethin' said:

... and after Work *****, Perfume was NOT the right choice for a second single imo

I feel like "Perfume" is single-worthy compared to other slower tracks on the album, but I guess it doesn't feel like it because it's such a dramatic change in sound after "Work *****". :mhmnod:

Archived