Britney Spears would have died during breakdown if it wasn't for her dad, says friend –The Mirror

PlayboyMommy

Britney Spears could be dead if it wasn’t for her father Jamie, according to an old friend.

Dance studio boss Robert Baker thinks she would have ended up like Amy Winehouse or Michael Jackson if her dad hadn’t stepped in after her breakdown in 2007.

He said: “I’ve known Britney since 1998. I saw her at the height of her fame and saw her struggling when things got tough.

"She was spiralling out of control. She was going through the worst time of her life and needed help.

“Her dad stepped in and gave her the help she needed. If he hadn’t, things could have been very different. I don’t think she would still be with us today.”

Robert spoke out amid criticism Jamie, 66, had exerted too much influence over Britney, 37, and her affairs.

She was placed under his guardianship after her breakdown, but that order ended two months ago.

Now Robert, 56, defends Jamie, saying: “All I saw was a loving, protective father who wanted to make sure she was safe.

"He’s done an amazing job. Their relationship hasn’t been the greatest, but he just wants what’s best for her.

"I don’t think he had any motives outside of taking care of her.”

Robert runs the Millennium Dance Studios in Los Angeles, where Britney rehearsed in her pop heyday.

He added: “No one could really prepare her for the fame machine. She once came into the studio and told me, ‘I’m the loneliest person in the world’.

“She said when she stepped outside, she didn’t know if it was going to be a gun pointed in her face or a camera.”

Robert says Britney was happiest when dating fellow star Justin Timberlake – and, later, when she was with her children.

He said: “Her and Justin had a great relationship. She was upbeat and happy. When that broke up, I think she had no one to relate to.

"I think her life could have been different if they stayed together.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/britney-spears-would-died-during-20798463

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have one issue. ok yes that's probably right that she could've died if Jamie didn't step in. But, I do have an issue with it being made such a big deal and Jamie being made like a hero and Britney should be grateful he helped her...….er hello! hes her bloody father!! im sorry but I don't think 'oh wow Jamie, you're a hero because you helped Britney when she was having a nervous breakdown, lets give him a bloody medal.' Shes his bloody daughter, im sorry  but im not gunna give him a bloody medal for being there for his own daughter! that's his job as a father!!

it really annoys me!!¬ 

Nobody here would have been too against Jamie for a FEW MONTHS. But 12 years a slave is proving ridiculous. She's either mentally ill and shouldn't be getting wheeled out on stage/forced to do career stuff she clearly hates doing like M&Gs etc etc... or she's well enough to be free. 

Whatever happens with the c-ship, it cannot be right that someone of Jamie's greedy character is able to continue is his position. He's attacked his own grandson. He's reckless. He's mentally ill. 

Britney did a lot of weird stuff in 2007, but she NEVER PHYSICALLY ATTACKED A CHILD. And they say Jamie is "ok" to be in charge of Brit's life? It's a joke. 

Dance studio boss <strike>Robert Baker</strike> Lou Taylor

yeah I’m sure someone who knew her 20 years ago has a great opinion of her dad who by all accounts was still an alcoholic back then.

Also Justin was and is a complete ****, you can tell that by various things like him shading people in songs, cutting his poor band mates out of any future events, making his wife’s promo for her amazon series all about him at the oscars and gg’s. 

in fact I’m sick of this sh... team Britney want to use this sob story about Britney and Justin when she was sad because of her fame for years. FO lou you make me sick. 

So the fact that there is so much now airing to remind people about Britney's breakdown, but not highlighting the reality to her being baby sat for over a decade, tells me that there is going to be some bad stuff released in January OR someone is putting up a fight against Jamie and co.  This is all odd timing to be reminding us of how bad Britney's breakdown was.  Someone is preparing for a media storm. 

I don't disagree that he stepped in the right time and place. We all needed someone who has some slight authority over her to come in and take charge. However , the maximum that she should've been under the microscope is 5 years ONLY. Once she was making the money she made back in early 2000's . The abuse started. 

Jamie ruined what he initially worked so hard for. And in a way he did save Britney. Now the he's making more damage. 

Archived