Channel 5's Documentary "Britney Spears: Breaking Point" just aired...

andreafly1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Needleney said:

Why are people acting like its cringe-worthy just like the Britney lifetime movie? Its a documentary about her breakdown, and it looks like they are 100% on Britney's side. This is could be an interesting documentary if you ask me.

Not necessarily cringeworthy but rather one sided and defintiely cheap considering how they're filling run time interviewing Five and S Club who had little to no connection whatsoever with Britney Spears back in the day. Had they at least interviewed Steps considering they actually toured with her in 2000

It was a pretty much pro Britney documentary. understanding under what amounts of pressure, duress and stress she was.

but they finished it off with Britneys father being her saviour. Which would be fine for a few months but not a decade....

What I'm very curious about is. That this whole 2008 psychiatric hold was all set up. The woman who was supervising the child visits said that there was a phone call which made Britney lock herself into the bathroom. And the letter that was released a few months ago also mentioned the call of someone telling her to lock herself in the bathroom or something. This whole thing is so fishy it's crazy...

It's so ****** as she didn't do anything abusive or do anyone harm and if a man would do the stuff she did - nothing would have happened. The stuff she did was all understandable as they said in the documentary and it's surprising that nobody questioned that she should be on track of getting the control back of her life.

On another note.. I kind of feel Lou has started brain washing family Spears with her weird kult. The kind of people who promise that the kids will get better if they get sent to these "betterment farms/camps" and they cultivate this weird mindset into them.

Britney seemed more sane to me 07-10  than she is now. It's a tragedy what they've been doing to this girl because of her money.

I hope she gets back in control and can be herself. But I have a feeling they have broken her..

3 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Not necessarily cringeworthy but rather one sided and defintiely cheap considering how they're filling run time interviewing Five and S Club who had little to no connection whatsoever with Britney Spears back in the day. Had they at least interviewed Steps considering they actually toured with her in 2000

Perez Hilton was involved aswell...

Plus, again, Jamie has been treated as the "hero" of the whole situation. 

You know what...i'm not saying that conservatorship wasn't necessary BACK IN THE DAY and most importantly, 'born' as a TEMPORARY MEASURE. 

But we all know that something is NOT RIGHT considering it went permanent few years later and she's still in it after more than a decade.

I didn't like how they barley acknowledged her talent, impact on pop culture, achievements and resilience and strength as a person. Like if you're going to do her dirty by showing that infamous close up of her with the umbrella and footage of her in the ambulance, at least give the full picture to who she is.

Till the day I believe it was ultimately HER that decided enough was enough and took the steps to improve her life situation. Yes she had to reach rock bottom first - and was pushed into a corner to face her situation up close with the conservatorship and custody agreements - BUT you can't force someone to help themselves and maintain it for years after if they don't want to.

tbh the documentary was pointless, there was nothing new in it whatsoever. But 2 things pissed me off about it

1. they interviewed so many paps for the documentary...………….they were the ******* problem!!! and they sounded so sympathetic and that they were worried about Britney. No they weren't !!! they didn't leave her the hell alone when she was clearly having a breakdown so they are talking bulls***

2.at the end of part 3 that celebrity journalist Ashley Pearson started talking about how mental health wasn't discussed in 2007 [it was] and she said' we had no idea what was going on!' GIVE ME A ******* BREAK!! That's bulls***. she was crying , she shaved her head, she pleaded the paps to leave her alone then lost it and attacked their car with an umbrella. what more did she need to do??

the whole documentary was full of people talking crap and a lot of them were 90% of the problem 

Pointless documentary.

Doesn’t really talk about the build up

Doesn’t talk about the conservatorship that much

Doesn’t mention Kevin’s wrong doings in the marriage

Doesn’t mention Blackout being first time she had full control over her music 

Doesn’t mention family drama (finding out Jamie Lynn was pregnant from paps and etc) just

Doesn’t mention she is still under control of the conservatorship all these years later

Doesn’t mention how well she is doing now 

End’s with Jamie saved her life...

So basically more than likely encouraged by Jamie to make himself look better and make the conservatorship a positive thing and 

Archived