I Feel So Free With You (UNPITCHED)

over-protected-life

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again.

Britney's vocals aren't pitched to sound like Baby vocals, she uses a different vocal technique (usually more mid nasal) to make a higher, brighter sound with her voice. This doesn't sound more like Britney, it just sounds like Britney pitched down a semitone or two.

The problem with the song's vocals isn't that Britney sounds pitched, its that its messy and the vocals are overly processed and layered at times, so you're heaing too many similar but different sounding takes of the same vocal melody, another technique that's always been Britney, that was just used badly here!

9 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Here we go again.

Britney's vocals aren't pitched to sound like Baby vocals, she uses a different vocal technique (usually more mid nasal) to make a higher, brighter sound with her voice. This doesn't sound more like Britney, it just sounds like Britney pitched down a semitone or two.

The problem with the song's vocals isn't that Britney sounds pitched, its that its messy and the vocals are overly processed and layered at times, so you're heaing too many similar but different sounding takes of the same vocal melody, another technique that's always been Britney, that was just used badly here!

Thank you. Your last point can also be applied to many of the Blackout demos (especially on get naked). Her vocals sound good to me on this song, they just aren’t mixed that great. Then again, someone did say this is just a demo. The fans just don’t like Britney’s higher register (ie Private Show). I really wanna hear the final version of this song.

2 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Thank you. Your last point can also be applied to many of the Blackout demos (especially on get naked). Her vocals sound good to me on this song, they just aren’t mixed that great. Then again, someone did say this is just a demo. The fans just don’t like Britney’s higher register (ie Private Show). I really wanna hear the final version of this song.

The blackout demos are a good example of "messy vocals", as they weren't finally mixed. This song is messy and disjointed which it doesnt sound good, and as a demo, parts sound rough. I'd like to hear the final too!

Private Show is a weird one because its literally a raw vocal, where Britney is singing in her 'baby' voice, not her lower, richer sound. Why fans blame someone pitching her vocals just seems like lazy criticism because they dont know what britney sounds like.

17 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Here we go again.

8 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Exactly... the "pitched vocals" story was never a thing until Shane Dawson talked about it in a video of CONSPIRACY THEORIES aka rumors based on NOTHING, i don't even know why people believed that lol and breaking news: the reason why Britney don't sing live it's because she doesn't want to sing live :well: a good example is DLMBTLTK during the DWAD tour, the pitch of the song was lower, which should be easier to sing, yet it was lip synched... :cackling: So please, stop fooling yourselves by believing these rumors :schoolingtime:

On 11/3/2019 at 8:54 AM, over-protected-life said:

i tried unpitching her vocals.... don't come @ me it's my first time lol.

part 2:50 sounds so much more like her now

I LOVE this. Obviously the changes in pitch throughout the song aren't great but this was your first attempt and "un-pitching" a song and I can see where you were going with this.

Unpopular opinion, I actually loved the "I'm so Free With You" song. I love the beat when Britney's hook comes in, I have enjoyed the majority of Pitbull's music throughout the years. I really want someone to make a hot TRAP remix of this asap... One day!

A lot of people are also mentioning Make Me... I didn't like that song straight off the bat. It was a grower. I didn't like Pretty Girls (but I have found some "urban" mixes which make it sound HOT) and I didn't like the official version of "Slumber Party" (I mentioned in an OLD post that Britney Team made an error and released a version of the song + video that overlayed Britney and Tinashe in certain parts of the song. That version was quickly removed. My opinion: that version sounded like a TRUE DUET rather than two singers taking turns to sing).

I think this song is a Bop and I hope it catches fire and people love it and more people start appreciating Britney. I feel like Britney needs to go urban (like she did with ITZ and BO and her unreleased demo for that Nelly song).

Please don't hate me *covers eyes and head*

7 hours ago, jokobitch said:

I just don’t get why they wouldn’t want her to mature . She’s still able to sing in her lower register so why are we pushing this overly pitched baby voice it’s cringy and she can’t hold a note with it 

Scream & Shout she did her lower register on the verses and she wasn't a chipmunk in the chorus and she sounded great

Archived