Some #FreeBritney Protesters Are Suspicious of the Britney Spears Pop-Up Coming to L.A. – Los Angeles Magazine

PlayboyMommy

Despite being a massive Britney Spears fan, Kevin Wu (@wukemon) says he can’t in good conscience visit the Zone, the pop-up experience dedicated to the superstar coming to L.A. in January 2020.

Wu, a member of the #FreeBritney movement, says while he would like to attend the ten-room exhibit, he believes it’s a way for Spears’s team to make money off her name without having to make her work.

“Feelings are mixed about it,” Wu says. “I think the pop-up looks amazing. As a die-hard Britney fan, it looks like something I definitely want to witness and they’re selling merch that a lot of us are very excited about, so I know that the protesters are not all on the same page about this.”

Some fans also believe the timing of the new pop-up is suspicious, considering Spears’s next conservatorship-related court date is also in January. “If it is opening on the same day, then that is a very curious coincidence,” Wu says. “I think it’s very curious and I think this does deflect attention from the #FreeBritney movement.”

The Zone did not respond to a request for comment.

The Zone runs January 31-April 26 at 6310 W. 3rd St., Fairfax

https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/britney-spears-the-zone-freebritney/

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% agree that this needs to be boycotted. Sad but the message needs to be united and loud and clear: no money until Britney is free. 

Don’t call yourself a fan if you would pay for her imprisonment. The slavery needs to end.  Britney deserves to have a life of her own and to live however she so pleases (so long as it is good and lawful).  The conservatorship needs to end. Period.

12 hours ago, C0CKy said:

I think it’s pretty sad that we aren’t all united against this, given everything that has come out in that 2,000 page thread.

Sadly some fans put their own fun ahead of Britney's freedom. Shame on them. I hope in their later years they'll look back at their decisions with regrets. Some of us can look back on our actions and be proud that we saw through the money making lies and took a stand. I am boycotting Brand Britney and will continue to do so until the c-ship is over or at least changed so that an independent person rather than someone as sleazy and corrupt as Daddy Spears is in charge. 

5 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Sadly some fans put their own fun ahead of Britney's freedom.

but this project does not strain Brit personally very much :raven: literally no choreography :well:
wonder if those rooms are like IKEA, U feel trapped after going in, just like Britney in her cariere :cinderellaney:

this whole 10 room is a bad bad bad thing. that idea couldn't come to Britneys mind. She is an artist not a room seller. I guess Britneys team is so after money they will try it all even if they can't make  her perform anymore. Bc there was too much drama with her being trapped against her will in a facility and also not wanting doing meds anymore. So while all of them under that attention they can't risk to make her do smth so they just sell the rooms decorated like her videos and other merch. ..any1 who goes there i am sorry but u guys just feeding her guardians, lawyers etc who benefiting from the cship.   Just think about it is that it. is that Britney Spears legacy- to show once  historical moments  in a rooms cause she can't make those moments anymore.....:xfactorlook:

2 hours ago, rik said:

can you blame them? it's not a normal situation lol, people SHOULD be allowed to buy merch from their favourite artists. 

i understand the frustration but be realistic lol

Realistic is knowing where your money is going when you pay for stuff. Why do you even need more clutter aka merch? The need to make merchandise outweighs authenticity for Team B - case in point: Myah Jean. Even if 10% of t he fans don’t show up, that’s still 10% more voices today that show they aren’t going to be duped anymore and want this **** show to end.

You should not have to question whether or not your fav actually sang a track on her self titled CD.  No artist should feel like what they produce is not good enough that a clone is brought in to keep the facade going. Britney May have been complicit, but it got out of hand and now she needs help getting out. #freeBritney

On 11/2/2019 at 12:19 AM, C0CKy said:

I think it’s pretty sad that we aren’t all united against this, given everything that has come out in that 2,000 page thread.

1 hour ago, Scrappy said:

Realistic is knowing where your money is going when you pay for stuff. Why do you even need more clutter aka merch? The need to make merchandise outweighs authenticity for Team B - case in point: Myah Jean. Even if 10% of t he fans don’t show up, that’s still 10% more voices today that show they aren’t going to be duped anymore and want this **** show to end.

You should not have to question whether or not your fav actually sang a track on her self titled CD.  No artist should feel like what they produce is not good enough that a clone is brought in to keep the facade going. Britney May have been complicit, but it got out of hand and now she needs help getting out. #freeBritney

:reductive::truthtea:

On 11/2/2019 at 12:19 AM, C0CKy said:

This...people 'boycot' the UO vinyl releases but are massively going to the The Zone.. while I'm not against the vinyl releases as we all asked for it for years, I feel The Zone is different.

Nobody asked for that one and it's just making money of old memories and merch as if Britney is dead...They focus on the past way too hard to consider it to be healthy imo.

Just an easy way to please fans of the hunger they have for new stuff AND to gain some easy coins.

This is just sick.

20 hours ago, marioh said:

So much for the fanbase boycotting Team Britney... I've seen people getting excited about this or the new vinyl releases. :icant2:

you can't compare a small vinyl release to whatever The Zone is...The Zone will rank in multiple times the amount the vinyl would ever bring in.

Also, the fans have been asking the vinyls hck even started petitions for it in the past! Now we're getting it, we're btching about it.

Both are drastically different situations imo.

Archived