Baby one more time's incredible momentum

summer2summer

Baby one more time is slowly becoming a big classic. I've noticed this through the youtube views in comparison to other big monster hits that came 10 years after it. 

For example , it stands at 445 million views at the moment . I made a quick comparison to other "monster hits" that defined some popstars or were uploaded around the same time as BOMT. As follows: 

1. Rihanna's umbrella stands at 515m views . Which was released 9 years after BOMT. We all know how big of a hit this was 

2. Love story stands at 493m views . And it came after 11 years . Again , this song was uploaded on 2009 when BOMT was uploaded. 

3. Girlfriend by Avril : fans that were around 2007 will understand why i included this song , it was "the most viewed VIDEO on youtube" for a long time . The video stands at 481m now .

4. Thriller , which stands at 624m views . 

5. Billie jean : which stands at 699

6. Anaconda , again was considered the most viewed for a year or so . Stands at 894m now. 

7. Superbass. Massive hit in 2012 or so . Video views stand at 798m . 

The reason for this thread is the fact that a 1998 song that is iconic is somehow catching up to this streaming era and  can be even compared to the most current popstars and big classics by other icons like MJ. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is how the songs you mentioned are doing on Spotify: 

...Baby One More Time: 247,677,677

Umbrella: 398,171,163

Love Story: 238,145,588

Girlfriend: 117,041,070

Thriller: 210,743,530

Billie Jean: 593,773,708

Anaconda: 240,873,819

Superbass: 261,317,231

Fun fact: although ...Baby One More Time is Britney’s most successful single on YouTube, her most successful single on Spotify is Toxic, with 349,516,695 plays and around 300k daily streams. Also for whatever reason Oops!... I Did It Again is currently getting more streams than Baby on Spotify 

11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

:nobitch:

it's been a classic for more than 20 years now

Well , it gaining more "classic" status as the years move. And that's what i meant. Because 6 years ago the song was not gaining this much momentum until now and this makea it a true classic meaning kids that are born in 2010 onwards will have an idea of the song. 

11 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

This is how the songs you mentioned are doing on Spotify: 

...Baby One More Time: 247,677,677

Umbrella: 398,171,163

Love Story: 238,145,588

Girlfriend: 117,041,070

Thriller: 210,743,530

Billie Jean: 593,773,708

Anaconda: 240,873,819

Superbass: 261,317,231

Fun fact: although ...Baby One More Time is Britney’s most successful single on YouTube, her most successful single on Spotify is Toxic, with 349,516,695 plays and around 300k daily streams. Also for whatever reason Oops!... I Did It Again is currently getting more streams than Baby on Spotify 

That is amazing. It exceeded Anaconda which was a massive viral hit and also love story . I love the fact that it's gaining more streams than those modern hits. I had a look at justin timberlake's youtube record and she's also doing better than his biggest hits like sexyback and cry me a river. 

I have a second batch of similar comparisons that i will check later. Do you think oops is next? I know toxic is very close on youtube to become 500m mark. 

30 minutes ago, summer2summer said:

That is amazing. It exceeded Anaconda which was a massive viral hit and also love story . I love the fact that it's gaining more streams than those modern hits. I had a look at justin timberlake's youtube record and she's also doing better than his biggest hits like sexyback and cry me a river. 

I have a second batch of similar comparisons that i will check later. Do you think oops is next? I know toxic is very close on youtube to become 500m mark. 

Oops has 236,338,635 plays on Spotify, so less total streams than ...Baby One More Time, but it’s currently gaining more daily streams and I’m afraid that it’s gonna surpass it soon. I mean it’s not really a problem for me since I like both very much but I think Baby should be the most streamed one. Womanizer is also doing amazingly with 163,912,402 total streams and is gaining about 150k daily streams. And Gimme More as well: 82,694,162 total plays and around 90k daily 

46 minutes ago, summer2summer said:

Well , it gaining more "classic" status as the years move. And that's what i meant. Because 6 years ago the song was not gaining this much momentum until now and this makea it a true classic meaning kids that are born in 2010 onwards will have an idea of the song. 

something happened around 2015 that her videos BOMT, Toxic started to gain lots of views

On 10/31/2019 at 2:11 PM, Lorenzo said:

Oops has 236,338,635 plays on Spotify, so less total streams than ...Baby One More Time, but it’s currently gaining more daily streams and I’m afraid that it’s gonna surpass it soon. I mean it’s not really a problem for me since I like both very much but I think Baby should be the most streamed one. Womanizer is also doing amazingly with 163,912,402 total streams and is gaining about 150k daily streams. And Gimme More as well: 82,694,162 total plays and around 90k daily 

Great numbers. And great force of longevity. It's amazing how those songs are becoming more concreted with time. Viral hits lose iconicness and longevity it seems whereas her classics are slowly soaring and are being appreciated by the public as the year go by . 

I was looking at shakira's Youtube views ( just curious) ...and she's just a youtube force it's pretty known. And Brifney's numbers are actually close considering how much shakira draws in . As an example , 

Whenever" is at 490million 

"Hips don't lie" is at 705 million views. 

"Loca" is at 520m views 

"She wolf" is at 266m views. 

"Beautiful liar" is at 348m 

"La tartora" is at 465m . 

"Remembef 2 forget you ft Rihanna" is at 994m. 

I was actually shocked that Brifney's slowly and steadily catching up. I mean just imagins if her views weren't wiped once upon a time. She would have been close to a billion views on some videos with no problem . But the Britney momentum is amazing. Im greateful and amazed. 

16 hours ago, summer2summer said:

Great numbers. And great force of longevity. It's amazing how those songs are becoming more concreted with time. Viral hits lose iconicness and longevity it seems whereas her classics are slowly soaring and are being appreciated by the public as the year go by . 

I was looking at shakira's Youtube views ( just curious) ...and she's just a youtube force it's pretty known. And Brifney's numbers are actually close considering how much shakira draws in . As an example , 

Whenever" is at 490million 

"Hips don't lie" is at 705 million views. 

"Loca" is at 520m views 

"She wolf" is at 266m views. 

"Beautiful liar" is at 348m 

"La tartora" is at 465m . 

"Remembef 2 forget you ft Rihanna" is at 994m. 

I was actually shocked that Brifney's slowly and steadily catching up. I mean just imagins if her views weren't wiped once upon a time. She would have been close to a billion views on some videos with no problem . But the Britney momentum is amazing. Im greateful and amazed. 

Spotify streams for those Shakira’s songs:

“Whenever, Wherever” 167,039,350

"Hips Don’t Lie" 511,377,421

"Loca" 61,149,567

"She Wolf" 73,128,221

"Beautiful Liar" 68,387,791

"La Tortura” 168,485,307

"Can’t Remember to Forget You” 195,209,023

So Britney has overall more Spotify power than Shakira. It’s most likely because YouTube is the most popular streaming service in Latin America, it’s even more popular than Spotify there. So that’s why a lot of Latin artists like Shakira, JLo, Pitbull, Maluma etc.. have some videos with 1B views on YouTube and barely 100M streams on Spotify. I may be reaching but maybe that’s the reason why Femme Fatale singles are doing better on YouTube compared to Spotify, Femme Fatale was a big era in Latin America

On 11/2/2019 at 6:59 PM, Lorenzo said:

Spotify streams for those Shakira’s songs:

“Whenever, Wherever” 167,039,350

"Hips Don’t Lie" 511,377,421

"Loca" 61,149,567

"She Wolf" 73,128,221

"Beautiful Liar" 68,387,791

"La Tortura” 168,485,307

"Can’t Remember to Forget You” 195,209,023

So Britney has overall more Spotify power than Shakira. It’s most likely because YouTube is the most popular streaming service in Latin America, it’s even more popular than Spotify there. So that’s why a lot of Latin artists like Shakira, JLo, Pitbull, Maluma etc.. have some videos with 1B views on YouTube and barely 100M streams on Spotify. I may be reaching but maybe that’s the reason why Femme Fatale singles are doing better on YouTube compared to Spotify, Femme Fatale was a big era in Latin America

That's very interesting and quite revealing. You'd think someone like Shakira with all that youtube force would have higher streams than this. And she had the 2010 and 2014 world cups on her side. Britney's numbers are great. 

I love the fact that toxic,oops, Baby's numbers are increasing whilst big songs like taylor's ready for it , look what you made me do are .....still. do you think vegas helpt with that in a way?  Her team rarely push her older stuff to mainstream media except fpr vegas and billboard perfemances. And how much views are we expecting for oops , baby , toxic views at the end of 2020? 

• Super Mods
11 hours ago, summer2summer said:

That's very interesting and quite revealing. You'd think someone like Shakira with all that youtube force would have higher streams than this. And she had the 2010 and 2014 world cups on her side. Britney's numbers are great. 

I love the fact that toxic,oops, Baby's numbers are increasing whilst big songs like taylor's ready for it , look what you made me do are .....still. do you think vegas helpt with that in a way?  Her team rarely push her older stuff to mainstream media except fpr vegas and billboard perfemances. And how much views are we expecting for oops , baby , toxic views at the end of 2020? 

It’s because they know they make **** with the royalties.

16 hours ago, summer2summer said:

Vegas has definitely helped in my opinion! At least 20M views more for Baby and Toxic!

Archived