10 years since her first VEVO videos were uploaded

PokemonSpears

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I can’t believe that YouTube has only been around for like 15 years. Kinda crazy it feels like it’s just always been there. 

:orangu: how old are you? 

YouTube still feels like something new to me, especially VEVO accounts. I remember when they came out and we didn't really know what were they supposed to be, and the videos were deleted from other channels and uploaded to the VEVO accounts of the artists. 

8 hours ago, Nickey said:

Yaas!!! Though it looks like it was shot in 4:3, not 16:9 which is pretty weird for 2008.

I hope they have a 16:9 (widescreen) master somewhere :omg:

:whatitellu: It's 4:3 for artistic reasons. They did that to boost the "old-school circus"-look. Similarly to Everytime which is 4:3 to give the video that "classic hollywood glamour"-look. They both probably have widescreen masters somewhere but we know her team and label won't care enough to remaster her music videos lmao:deadbanana:

17 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

:orangu: how old are you? 

YouTube still feels like something new to me, especially VEVO accounts. I remember when they came out and we didn't really know what were they supposed to be, and the videos were deleted from other channels and uploaded to the VEVO accounts of the artists.

I remember the meltdowns because VEVO did not care about the existing views when uploading the videos on VEVO. :gloria:

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah, only some videos like Stronger did include a note indicating the "pre-VEVO views"

I noticed this. Is there a reason why not ALL VEVO videos have the pre-VEVO view count in the description? Or are people just lazy? :mcorangu: 

Archived