After hearing Britney song "Happy Birthday" from XFactor, I realized.

indyRS

Her voice is just so much similar to her studio recordings.

Gosh she does have such a great voice. Obviously Femme Fatale and 3 are examples of more studio processing assisting her. But damned if she doesn't sound like most of her songs with finishing touches polishing and BGV vocals.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is literally the biggest misconception about her voice; Britney CAN sing and sound like her recordings. They do a lot of vocal layering with her tracks (for example, Make Me's vocal line has her singing it three different times and whipsering it all at once so it packs more punch, Slave is an even better example).

A lot of people mistake vocal layering or vocoder for autotune.

We all realize that she can sing her songs but because they are so high she is always struggling (even in her prime) and its impossible for her to sing her whole show live. Just look at her bomt performance they are no where near as high as her newer stuff but she is constantly singing deeper, having voice cracks or just having a hard time. 

Her voice is unique and she has a lot of different layers within her style without the effects.  You do have to understand she works with really great producers who make her sound pristine (all except will I am). He didn’t do vocal processing very well for her 

Archived