Louis Walsh Talks About Working With Britney on The X-Factor USA

NBT

He talks about working alongside Britney Spears on that ill-fated US version of The X Factor in 2011. 'I was sitting next to her on the panel and realised she was wearing ear plugs while people were auditioning. Ear plugs. I couldn't believe it. We would get through four or five auditions and then we'd notice she'd slumped to the side and we'd all have to have a break. She didn't engage with me at all until I told her I knew the actor Colin Farrell [whom Walsh rejected when he tried to join Boyzone]. She said: "I love Colin Farrell." And after that we would talk about Colin Farrell.' He shrugs. And then smiles. 'Crazy, isn't it?'

19293898-7533795-image-a-7_1570186847834

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-7533795/Louis-Walsh-facelifts-comebacks-dangers-fame.html

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cheshire-***** said:

Earplugs are actually healthy to wear when the sound is really loud. She could still hear people sing with earplugs... 

I don't know him but this comment about earplugs is really stupid. And honestly I wouldn't talk to him either if he was sitting next to me. :xfactorlook:

I can only confirm, i'm a singer myself and we do usually wear earplugs so that we are not affected by the super loud sounds

There was an entire arena of screaming fans right behind her. Of course she had earplugs. I’m sure she took them out during the auditions. And all of the judges wear earpieces on every judging show, so producers can relay information to them on top of that.

And she f**ked Colin Farrell, so yeah if that was the only thing she responded to him about then whatever lol.

Lastly, if Britney was “slumping to the side”, that would have been a huge ordeal considering there was an arena full of people who didn’t even have to pay for tickets. That would have been exposed immediately.

He’s literally just mad that she paid him dust and didn’t know who he was. I remember him saying something like that when it happened. Lol.

4 hours ago, Just Because said:

My two cents.....

Prime Britney would of kicked *** on the show but  Britney back then really didn’t bring anything to the table.  She clearly wasn’t comfortable and it was painful obvious. 

Hell, 2016ney and currentney would love X Factor or something like that 

Ι am not judging. One time we had reserved a table next to the dj and the huge speakers. 

I wore my hands free for half the party cause my ears would hurt like crazy. I would be given some weird looks but hey it was the only solution. Then I took them off to dance. My hearing was like 60% for the next 2 days.

Tbf I don't blame her for wearing earplugs, the audience at the auditions were probably very loud. I think she wore them at the live shows too?

Louis sounds a bit bitter. At the end of the day you were only there for one day to cover for Simon when he was ill, you're not friends :orangu: 

People often wear ear plugs when they can't handle loud noise, even at concerts.  I literally just went to a rock concert last week and realized some people were wearing ear plugs because the speakers are really loud and some people can't handle it. They are not sound-proof, so you can still hear, it just lessens the damage to your ears. Musicians often wear ear pieces all the time too, because they're literally up there with the speakers, which is can be super dangerous.  She also had a large noisy audience behind her.  I'm sure she's not the only person to wear them.  Most concert venues even have desks where you can buy them.

She's also introverted, so of course she's not going to talk to him. She doesn't know him, she's comfortable with Simon not him. Of course she'll talk about Colin Farell (or any hot dude for that matter, or her kids, or Starbucks or Target or food or anything she loves) because that's easy to have a conversation about.  That's pretty douchey of him to talk shady like that about her, because she didn't sound disrespectful or mean about him and she never talks negatively of people.

Archived