Ap? Billie Eilish mentioned Britney on Billboard Interview months ago

Sorry if this was already posted months ago but I dont recall being posted here and I did some search and nothing came out, so here it goes 

Days before Eilish’s Coachella set, she listened to Britney Spears’ discography. “I thought: ‘Oh, this poor girl, this poor girl,’ ” she says now. “Not that I pity anyone -- that’s condescending. I just feel for them.” 

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/pop/8510552/billie-eilish-billboard-cover-story-2019

Maybe she heard the news about the cship, the mental facility and decided to hear all Britneys records to understand her story better? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

The same can be applied to her. She’s annoying as hell and won’t last 30 years in the industry. :hiii:

Idk. I like Billie. She’s got an amazing voice and seems like a good person. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Definitely a moody teenager but who wasn’t? I’m a fan

• Super Mods
48 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

Britney wasn’t. She was abnormally sane when she was Billie’s age lol.

You don’t know that, she could act that way in public but behind the scenes could be different. Britney was still a teenager when she came out and a lot of people thought she was annoying because she came off as a literal dumb blonde and a basic girl. It’s an image, just like Britney played off the jailbait girl yet off camera Britney is super shy and quiet. 

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, colormefresh said:

Britney wasn’t. She was abnormally sane when she was Billie’s age lol.

yeah cause brit was severly censored and kiddyfied

billie isnt and can do what she wants

look at all of brits unreleased songs from when she was in her early 20's

it reminds me of billie

"rebellion"

songs about phone ***

pretty sure theres one about **** too lmfao

and brit said herself she smoked weed when she was 17 so dont believe the charade larry forced her to put on

she was probs a sweet louisiana teen who also was at times rebellious and moody like all teens

• Content Curators
2 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

Britney came out swinging with BOMT

Billie is not going to make it.

ik and i still think brit will be bigger than billie always but if people like taylor swift with her bland mashed potato discovery can make it this far i would be sad if billie flops

12 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Maybe she has a sudden interest in Britney after the video of Britney dancing to her song?

The Interview came out in may, the video of Britney dancing to bad guy was only posted one month later in early june

13 hours ago, popprison said:

Thanks for this. Love Billie as a person. I get frustrated with artists when they talk like that only because I don't understand what they mean really haha. But it's cool that she listened to all her albums. I wonder what her favorite songs are from each

I think she wanted to say she felt for her bc her life became a tragedy. She became famous really young and no one expected her life would turn out as it did. Billie is 20 years younger than Britney so probably one  of the first things she heard and saw was the breakdown. Shawn Mendes described that when he had to talk about Britney, same with Lorde. Sadly many kids associate her like that but the way Billie talked was very good taste imo. She didnt mentiom the breakdown, she just said she felt for her. The way I see its like she knew what happened to Britney and went to hear her records when Britney  was just a happy tennager not knowing was yet to come. Its the same way most of us feel when we see an old interview when Britney is just happy with her success and talking about having a family and right away we remember what fame and breakups did to her. When I hear and see things before 2006 I have the same feelings thinking about what the industry/media/people did to that 16-20 years old that seemed very grateful and happy just to be here.

I dont know why people are giving her a hard time. Billie is the it girl rn and I dont see her trashing anyone. She could use the rebel card like Avril and P!nk did back in the day just to bash Britney or anyone different from her but she isnt. She praised Avril even tho Avril is flopping for years now and no one in the industry seems to Care about her anymore. 

19 hours ago, Bundy said:

I dont know why people are giving her a hard time. Billie is the it girl rn and I dont see her trashing anyone. She could use the rebel card like Avril and P!nk did back in the day just to bash Britney or anyone different from her but she isnt. She praised Avril even tho Avril is flopping for years now and no one in the industry seems to Care about her anymore. 

Exactly. Billie's hugely popular yet very humble. She's really similar to Britney in that sense.  

2 hours ago, Lemon said:

Exactly. Billie's hugely popular yet very humble. She's really similar to Britney in that sense.  

She didnt mention the head shaving or anything, she just said she felt for her. She even said she was not pitying her. I think it wasnt of bad taste at all

Some people here just hate every other successful female artist at the moment

Well, they even bash Britney all the time here, so thats not really a surprise.

I noticed that are some similarities between them. Both had her first number one single and album at 17, even tho they were already working before in the industry. Billie is very close to her family, is short like Britney, has also a british last name and is a saggitarus. Britney also hurt her leg when she was 17.

On 10/1/2019 at 12:18 PM, Britneyarmy8 said:

yeah cause brit was severly censored and kiddyfied

billie isnt and can do what she wants

look at all of brits unreleased songs from when she was in her early 20's

it reminds me of billie

"rebellion"

songs about phone ***

pretty sure theres one about **** too lmfao

and brit said herself she smoked weed when she was 17 so dont believe the charade larry forced her to put on

she was probs a sweet louisiana teen who also was at times rebellious and moody like all teens

Didn't know she said she smoked weed at 17 

Archived