Miley quotes "I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman" on Instagram

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/25/2019 at 7:49 PM, colormefresh said:

Remember when a record executive from Jive said “Not A Girl” would put Britney on the map as a vocal powerhouse and said it would be her “I Will Always Love You” or “My Heart Will Go On”?

I love her vocals and I love the song but wow @ the delusion :akii:

Sorry to go off topic but I think of that every time this song is mentioned.

I remember that as well and thought it was very wrong of them to do that. I knew it wouldn't be that level but it still made me have very high expectations of the song. Then I heard the song when it came out. It's still very nice, but no, just not that type of song vocally at all. Even lyrically. Anyway, "Britney" is still one of her best albums.

13 hours ago, ThatWasFun said:

@Rob_ because we said she needs to eat that upset you ?!?! She doesn't look healthy. It's out of concern. But... ok.

Your comment was rude. Not sure how you speak to people in real life but what you and several other people did was straight up bullying. 

:ehum:

If your intention was out of concern I appreciate it, but your delivery was cruel. If someone who had an actual eating disorder saw that, they wouldn’t be grateful or appreciate it. It would push them further into their negative habits.

:yeahsure:

Nothing against you or anyone else personally, I only downvote when I see something truly negative. 

On 9/30/2019 at 10:51 AM, Rob_ said:

Your comment was rude. Not sure how you speak to people in real life but what you and several other people did was straight up bullying. 

:ehum:

If your intention was out of concern I appreciate it, but your delivery was cruel. If someone who had an actual eating disorder saw that, they wouldn’t be grateful or appreciate it. It would push them further into their negative habits.

:yeahsure:

Nothing against you or anyone else personally, I only downvote when I see something truly negative. 

All I said was "She needs to eat".

That wasn't bullying you dum dum. Now THAT was bullying.

:jj:

On 9/25/2019 at 8:49 PM, colormefresh said:

Remember when a record executive from Jive said “Not A Girl” would put Britney on the map as a vocal powerhouse and said it would be her “I Will Always Love You” or “My Heart Will Go On”?

I love her vocals and I love the song but wow @ the delusion :akii:

Sorry to go off topic but I think of that every time this song is mentioned.

That's their own damn fault when they pressured her to drop the voice tone she used to sign with them :akii:

Archived