So no more albums, just singles or EPs?

popprison

or no new music at all anymore? Feels like it's over Britney Spears music wise. I'm not even sad about it. I used to want her to release new songs and albums all the time. But it really has settled in that her soul, mind, family and health are way too big of a priority. No room for real creativity or to even make a great-produced pop record anymore

Y'all feel the same or nah?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the same way BUT i don't think it's her fault, she probably was forced to record albums since Circus (Riccus) and she had no control at all so imo that's why she lost passion for her career... It must be really bad not being able to record what YOU want, what YOU feel, she clearly wants to express herself but she can't because her team thinks that the image of her acting like a 20 yrs old who wants to have *** still works, when it's clearly NOT working anymore! I'm pretty sure she has a lot to say and i really hope that when she'll be free, IF she still want to make music, she will open up and sing about mature stuff! Damn, even Touch Of My Hand was written by a young Britney but still, she was able to talk about THAT thing (;)) in a very mature way! We need more songs like Circus where she talk about performing, Shattered Glass, Everytime, Someday, Me Against The Music, I Will Be There... Now, don't get me wrong i love Slave 4 U, If U Seek Amy and the rest of her hits but i really can't imagine a 45 or 50 yrs old Britney performing those songs and i don't think she wants to perform them... 

I was thinking about this yesterday and i was like : Do you think she'll ever release music again? and the answer is that i don't think at all she will ever, i think her mental health is the most important for the moment

Getting out of the industry is the solution even though it breaks my heart ... we, as fans, need to be less selfish and think about her wellbeing

I don't think we're getting music soon, because of everything that implies the conservatorship. She can't do things herself, release music on her own, but her team won't be able to do the same stuff they've been doing all these years, first of all because I doubt Britney will cooperate at this point, and then they won't allow any kind of fan interaction, so it's pretty much dead.

Now, it'd be interesting to know what's happening with her contract. She still had at least 3 more records to go, we don't know if they had a time limit, or what would be the price to get out of that contract. Then we have the "postponed" Domination. We all assume by now that show is cancelled and buried, but is it? Again, we don't know what's happening with that contract either, because even if they put another artist, we don't know how much money they were actually expecting to make with Britney (if she was getting paid that much) so maybe they still can sue.

I think Britney will eventually try to do music, if she gets freed from the conservatorship. Maybe not the commercial way, but just something more acoustic and maybe like just a sporadic release here and there.

However, I do see her performing her old hits, if given the chance, as opposed to one of the users above me. Songs are just songs. I agree she might stop doing new songs that emulate that style as if she was in her 20's, but the classics will always be classics and they need to be performed, whether she's 30, 50 or 80. That doesn't mean she has to dress up like she was a teenager, but I repeat, the songs are just songs. And it actually goes both ways: songs are just songs and it doesn't matter if she keeps performing them 50 years later, but at the same time, songs are everything, and it's the connection between Britney and the audience, so they just can't be buried and forgotten as if they didn't matter.

I really can't think of any American pop artist that has kept performing their classic hits for so long, maybe it's easier when their part of a band, than when they're solo, but at least there's Madonna who, as far as I understand, keeps performing her classic songs at least every other tour.

In Mexico it's more common to see artists that keep performing their old hits decades later (mostly because they don't have any more new hits lol) and it's totally fine. There's many child acts or teen acts that are now in their 40's and they keep performing the same childish songs, but it's ok, it's not that serious, and their fans are as old as them, but they still want to hear those songs, as ridiculous as it may seem, and they all love it. The artists love to perform those songs, and the fans love that they still do them.

They might end up releasing a greatest hits album or a compilation unreleased (remastered) songs probably all the ones already leaked.

Hilary Duff did that to get out of her contract if I am not mistaken so that's what Jamie's team would probably do if they can't force her to record, promote, tour with new material. 

I am shocked it hasn't happened to try to bury the whole #FreeBritney movement. I guess they UO vinyls are still easy money and when that dries out they'll move on to the next thing.

Your welcome for the idea Team c-ship. My coins are ready!

I think she will eventually maybe within a couple to few years. She has to live again for a while and then start to think up some new music. I’d like to see an album era that’s completely removed from the pop star thing. Something more soulful country bluesy moment that shows off her voice would be amazing. She doesn’t even have to dance. I’d go just to see her, but I’m more interested in actually hearing her sing live and focus on her voice. 

Even if they tried--I don't believe she will have an actual hit song anymore. Maybe something debuting in the top 20 or 30 because of her fans buying or streaming a lot at the time of release but that's it. It doesn't seem like she is ahead or even right along side the current trends. This is her last chance. Once you (female pop singer) go pass 40, it's highly unlikely you'll have a hit album or song. Unless it's like Cher - Believe level. Or Madonna who began her career much later than brit did anyway.

23 hours ago, popprison said:

or no new music at all anymore? Feels like it's over Britney Spears music wise. I'm not even sad about it. I used to want her to release new songs and albums all the time. But it really has settled in that her soul, mind, family and health are way too big of a priority. No room for real creativity or to even make a great-produced pop record anymore

Y'all feel the same or nah?

It’s like they say when it comes to Hollywood, “they eat ya up, then spit you out.” 

With the unlimited supply of basic pop stars these days Britney wont have another come back era. I genuinely feel like she needs to and wants to bow out and live her life outside of the business and if she has to wait till her boys are 18 then we might get a few singles but they won’t do much on the charts/radio play. 

She will release a LOUD summer banger next year with a new album in November 2020 :yesplease:

U guys should stop with this mebtal health conversation, Britney is tough, strong, she has her issues but she surely knows how to manage it, she's not a millenium to cry about it, she's almost 40, she knows how to deal with herself. She enjoys her free time as much as she enjoys the process of making music, we're just going thru a phase... just wait, she will be back! And hopefully out of this c-ship.

16 hours ago, Derrick said:

It’s like they say when it comes to Hollywood, “they eat ya up, then spit you out.” 

With the unlimited supply of basic pop stars these days Britney wont have another come back era. I genuinely feel like she needs to and wants to bow out and live her life outside of the business and if she has to wait till her boys are 18 then we might get a few singles but they won’t do much on the charts/radio play. 

Bold part: Some things never change. I literally don't care about age when it concerns who I like. I know a lot of people say a lot of shady **** when it concerns entertainers of certain age. "Get off the stage, grandma!" It's not right. Since we're talking about music, who cares about age as long as they sound good? Although I can see how it'd be painful if you're a fan of somebody and they're still trying to push themselves to go on when their voice is shot. I had posted about my Ratt reference awhile back and how people were slamming the lead singer's voice. It's quite a memorable description for somebody to say your singing voice sounds like a cat in a blender. So I can see how there'd be disappointment if you go to these concerts and you're left with the sinking feeling of "I can't believe I paid money for this." What the **** was I thinking?:mhmnod:"

Archived