I RUN AWAY. One of her best and most underrated songs.

THE BAJAN VIBE

This song is amazing lyrically, in production and vocally. Sadly, it was only included in the asian version and digital european reissue of the Britney album. Have you ever thought about this song being released as an album and its music video? I think it could've been an amazing single for the era.:sipney:

Let’s pretend, that I’ve moved on
And I'll tell myself
That life goes on, without you
Open my eyes, look deep inside
I run away

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have much to say because the OP already describes all my thoughts on this. I do, however, want to correct one little thing.

5 hours ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

This song is amazing lyrically, in production and vocally. Sadly, it was only included in the asian version and digital european reissue of the Britney album. Have you ever thought about this song being released as an album and its music video? I think it could've been an amazing single for the era.:sipney:

There is one more edition of Britney that features "I Run Away", that being the European reissue. This arts & crafts store, called Empik, which I pretty much use to buy all my CDs, has an great offer for the Britney CD - it's cheap and has "I Run Away" on it! :gaspney:

Check it out here: https://www.empik.com/britney-spears-britney,366425,muzyka-p

The digital deluxe edition isn't region-specific from what I know. :mhmnod:

It's outstanding. Only two things bother me:

-the heavy breathing after each line during the two verses. I don't know why

-the lack of a proper bridge instead of the I run away ay ay ay ay ultra robotic repetition. The music really gets crazy during that part, it needed an extra verse. 

Those are minor flaws in a basically perfect song

Hahahaha ! WTF

i've been listening to I Run Away on repeat since yesterday, and i'm like why the **** didn't this song get the treatment it deserved. everything about it is flawless, the lyrics are beautiful and mature, the meledy and the instrumental are amazing,  her voice is incredible and the riffs she does are stunning.... the first thought that i had when i was listening to it was : this girl has an impeccable taste in music you can tell that she loved it cause she sang it with passion and a lot of emotions.... if only they gave her more control and freedom to decide musically.

i'm sure if they released instead of Boys or ILRR it would've done well, cause both the fans and general public would've loved it

3 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Idk about that version, please educate my illiterate *** :disappointed:

There are several stories about the creation of BRITNEY like Britney disliking CINDERELLA because she thought it was not mature enough and she wanted to give a more mature image. :crying1:

About I RUN AWAY, I remember a story about lyrics. The original version got more lyrics but they decided to release the version we know so it got a longer because of the repeat of chorus. I was talking about it.

5 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

It's outstanding. Only two things bother me:

-the heavy breathing after each line during the two verses. I don't know why

-the lack of a proper bridge instead of the I run away ay ay ay ay ultra robotic repetition. The music really gets crazy during that part, it needed an extra verse. 

Those are minor flaws in a basically perfect song

Yeah, the original I RUN AWAY was supposed to be different lyrically.

5 minutes ago, TeaWaiter said:

Hahahaha ! WTF

i've been listening to I Run Away on repeat since yesterday, and i'm like why the **** didn't this song get the treatment it deserved. everything about it is flawless, the lyrics are beautiful and mature, the meledy and the instrumental are amazing,  her voice is incredible and the riffs she does are stunning.... the first thought that i had when i was listening to it was : this girl has an impeccable taste in music you can tell that she loved it cause she sang it with passion and a lot of emotions.... if only they gave her more control and freedom to decide musically.

i'm sure if they released instead of Boys or ILRR it would've done well, cause both the fans and general public would've loved it

Oh my god! I've been listening to IRA on repeat since yesterday and not stopping! lol

3 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

I don't have much to say because the OP already describes all my thoughts on this. I do, however, want to correct one little thing.

There is one more edition of Britney that features "I Run Away", that being the European reissue. This arts & crafts store, called Empik, which I pretty much use to buy all my CDs, has an great offer for the Britney CD - it's cheap and has "I Run Away" on it! :gaspney:

Check it out here: https://www.empik.com/britney-spears-britney,366425,muzyka-p

The digital deluxe edition isn't region-specific from what I know. :mhmnod:

OMG! That's great!!!!! WE deserved that single!

5 minutes ago, TeaWaiter said:

Hahahaha ! WTF

It was to be released on the standard tracklisting (before the slaybye also), but the producers had strong disagreements with Jive and both couldn't be published in the US until a decade later 

Missed opportunities :tiffanycries:

54 minutes ago, Alex_1991 said:

It was to be released on the standard tracklisting (before the slaybye also), but the producers had strong disagreements with Jive and both couldn't be published in the US until a decade later 

Missed opportunities :tiffanycries:

Damn ! never heard of that, thanks for the info

So, Jive won that battle and decided not to include them on the standard traclist....  :flop:

Archived