Britney clearing her throat right before her '00 VMA performance

Lil Jay

I finally found full 2000 VMA show so I'm watching it right now and few moments before Britney performs Satisfaction/OIDIA, during Carson Daily's speech you can hear her mic making sounds while she sits on that chair + she's clearing her throat a few times! :makeitrain: 

At 1:09:13 but first sounds start a bit earlier already:

I know it maybe sounds unimportant and you'll be like "***** was that worth of posting here?:checkit:" but I found it fascinating because it's just few moments before she made MTV history:tifftear: imagine what she was thinking while counting last seconds to performance; was she nervous?, will she successfully take that suit off? will something go wrong? 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SonOfSun said:

I love watching old awards show, it used to be so much more fun !

thank you :makesomenoise:

You're welcome:kiss:

5 minutes ago, This pu$$y biteback said:

Without even watching this I remember one of the Wayne brothers saying “from the Mickey Mouse club to the strip club go head with your bad self” after the performance 

Yeah, but this what I've posted happened before the performance

I feel so bad for anyone who had to follow that performance.

I remember it so clearly. first I was annoyed that Britney was lipsyncing and then I was annoyed that Christina wasnt because she was sick and sounded awful. Also damn she alwas has bad luck at the vmas. She had the choreo fail that she never messed up before in 2000 and then the turned off mic and the stumble in 2003.

anyway.. praise Primeny and this FLAWLESS performance. Also the cough was totally worth a post.

normal_1.jpgnormal_16.jpgnormal_8.jpgnormal_15.jpgnormal_11.jpgnormal_12.jpg

normal_XRAY_EARLYSHOW_28129.jpgnormal_XRAY_EARLYSHOW_28529.jpgnormal_XRAY_EARLYSHOW_28629.jpg

6 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I feel so bad for anyone who had to follow that performance.

I remember it so clearly. first I was annoyed that Britney was lipsyncing and then I was annoyed that Christina wasnt because she was sick and sounded awful. Also damn she alwas has bad luck at the vmas. She had the choreo fail that she never messed up before in 2000 and then the turned off mic and the stumble in 2003.

anyway.. praise Primeny and this FLAWLESS performance. Also the cough was totally worth a post.

normal_1.jpgnormal_16.jpgnormal_8.jpgnormal_15.jpgnormal_11.jpgnormal_12.jpg

normal_XRAY_EARLYSHOW_28129.jpgnormal_XRAY_EARLYSHOW_28529.jpgnormal_XRAY_EARLYSHOW_28629.jpg

She did not lip sync that performance right? I thought satisfaction was live & oops was live with a backing track, I mean you can hear her woos so the mic was own

18 minutes ago, This pu$$y biteback said:

So ooh yeah is from the cd vocals at the beginning :quirkney:

14 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

the entire rest is. how can you not hear the clear audio difference between the live and cd vocals? :ineedthetruth:

Satisfaction was live; ooh yeah and woos were live too ofc, the rest (OIDIA) was lip sync. :whatitellu:

8 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

The only thing fun about them was waiting on pins and needles for Britney to slay everyone in the universe. That’s why 2007 was so devastating lol.

But yeah, good times. :overwhelm:

On the positive side, we didn't have to wait on pins that night: she opened it. :imok:

• Super Mods

I remember when her pants started to slip, little me was thinking “aw poor Britney, she didn’t realize her pants is going down.” And when she grabbed her pants I thought she was gonna pull it up but when she ripped it off I was in awe. My dad walked in at that time and said “look, she’s naked” lol

you rarely do you get epic performances like this because Britney is a true performer. She’ll bring you a show. 

Also you can tell she was proud of herself when she did a fist pump into the air as she walks backstage. What a legend and only 18. Girl, you deserve so much more :crying2:

54 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I remember when her pants started to slip, little me was thinking “aw poor Britney, she didn’t realize her pants is going down.” And when she grabbed her pants I thought she was gonna pull it up but when she ripped it off I was in awe. 

Oh innocent little you:awww:

3 hours ago, Lil Jay said:

Satisfaction was live; ooh yeah and woos were live too ofc, the rest (OIDIA) was lip sync. :whatitellu:

there is some parts of oops that is live, also her breath lol

and I didn't know satisfaction was live bc there is parts of it that don't match her mouth, specially right after the stairs... 

1 minute ago, Dirk said:

there is some parts of oops that is live, also her breath lol

and I didn't know satisfaction was live bc there is parts of it that don't match her mouth, specially right after the stairs... 

what part of ooops was live?? it all sounds like the cd vocals apart from the things that she added (woos) and the quality of the sound was totoally different than the other vocals.

Archived