Do you think we can blame FF/BJ only on her evil team?

Nickey

Okay, so what I'm talking about is two eras: Femme Fatale and Britney Jean. Britney was acting so... indifferent during the interviews, especially when someone asked her about the music. A lot of us didn't know about her situation before #freeBritney happened and some of us thought it's Britney's choice to act like that, that she's lost her passion to music, fans, etc...

giphy.giftumblr_lyn4gbSH7K1r49wlzo1_500.gif

I feel like Britney was kind of forced to record those albums. Maybe it was like, she had a concept and started writing, recording and then her team scrapped it because they wanted sells? (You know, Britney Jean was meant to be a personal album.) Well, how ironic, because I think if Britney'd go really deep with expressing herself in music and appeared as an artist, it would sell way better than generic pop music. Some of those interviews were a bit painful to watch, I didn't always understand why Britney was acting like that but now I do - she had no choice. Basically, I know that Britney is just a human so, like all of us she made mistakes, but it's different when you're forced to do some things you don't want to do. So yeah, I think we can blame her team for a lot of (scrapped or flopped) stuff. If you're using somebody against their will to have profits, it's not going to work well.

On Glory - I feel like she had some freedom during this era, but it certainly wasn't 100%. But clearly, it's obvious that her passion to music is still alive.

Of course, it's just my opinion, what do you think about this? :lostney:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before both albums, we had producers, writers and executives come out and say she was working on more urban records. Last minute word broke that there was a Femme fatale intensive writing camp, and we ended up with Dr. Luke producing the album. With BJ, even more producers said they were working with her and they were big names too but suddenly will.i.am is brought in and the album....the less we say the better.

With  FF, I dont necessarily think britney had little input or decisions on FF, she just did the album and that was that.

With BJ, I feel she put her foot down because she didnt care about the album and also, had too much to do with promotions for both the album and vegas.

I feel theres more to the story than just 'I'm a mom now..."

Yeah, I agree. If you go back and look, the FF promo performances are honestly sad to watch she seems so out of it and sluggish. All through both eras, we just kept hoping for her to be passionate, and she just wasn't. Granted, BJ was miles better than FF, but still. It only makes sense looking back that she was basically forced to do them. I think she insinuated this in an interview for Glory too, if I remember correctly, that her last couple albums weren't exactly what she wanted bc of the cship, so she wanted to do Glory in her way. I think it was part of the Jonathan Ross interview that got cut out.

The Britney Jean era was much better than the FF era she was more comfortable and relaxed during the interviews and she showed more progress in 2014 too cause she was more open. Well during the FF era she must have been heavily medicated too and that affected the way that she behaved and performed and Jason was involved too if i am not mistaken in this cship so she felt more pressured so her "lovely'' team had a lot to do with that since Brit loves recording music :mhm:

Fan fiction! 

Britney is a board member for all things Britney Spears and she is as much to blame for those albums as any other . If you want to get super technical the only album she had more of a part of is in the zone ... even the Britney album the songs she wrote and did on her own were cut. I think pretty girls was 100% Britney idea and I think Glory the A&R chick played a huge part and Britney took her Kids advice . Don’t be fooled . Britney the pop star is a brand !

Yeah, it's very obvious how sad and just didn't care during the FF era. It all went downhill after the Circus era imo (when she allegedly found out that the c-ship would not be ending ever). It broke her, and she literally just did the albums because she had to. She had no passion for them. I don't think she had much passion for Glory either, but I think she likes the music a lot more than FF/BJ. Her most personal album is probably In The Zone and Blackout, tbh.

I think there's an important aspect too, and it's that Britney has changed, naturally, due to motherhood or thanks to meds and her handlers, for whatever reason, but it's as if, especially during BJ era, as if she didn't know what was cool anymore. It gave me the impression that she felt she was made believe that she didn't know what was the best (both in her personal life and in terms of career) so she kinda went with the flow. Which I don't think it's necessarily bad, if it was for the best. But in Britney's case we had decisions like the one about Alien don't making the cut to POM, and it's like, you realize her team doesn't have an idea either of what they're doing.

You're not a songwriter? Then let others do that job, if you're just a singer (the ridiculous part was to credit her as co-writer of every BJ song). So I think that's what she did. She totally became a Passenger and trusted in will.i.am blindly, and just waited for him to bring the songs that kinda fitted whatever talks they had.

There's things like, Perfume, she really liked the Dreaming Mix which was actually the original version, but then she agreed it had to be "remixed", in order to be a single and go to the radio (which ended up being the standard version of the song). That kind of thing wouldn't have happened if she felt more sure about what she got and how she wants to present it to the world (which I think changed by 2016 when they released Make Me... or Slumber Party without any of these fears).

Now, people tend to overlook all the 2013 interviews, but she actually talked more about the music of that record, the specific songs, than she did about Glory songs, which was "her baby". That was kinda odd.

• Super Mods
17 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

Yeah, it's very obvious how sad and just didn't care during the FF era. It all went downhill after the Circus era imo (when she allegedly found out that the c-ship would not be ending ever). It broke her, and she literally just did the albums because she had to. She had no passion for them. I don't think she had much passion for Glory either, but I think she likes the music a lot more than FF/BJ. Her most personal album is probably In The Zone and Blackout, tbh.

How can you say she wasn’t passionate about Glory but likes the music? That just cancels everything out. True Britney fans can sense Britney was passionate about the album, look at how her many trips to Hawaii influenced an island sound and the beats are more complex and layered compared to BJ. Everyone can agree that Glory definitely has “Britney’s touch” that was missing in FF and BJ. All the promo is team b’s fault.

• Super Mods
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think there's an important aspect too, and it's that Britney has changed, naturally, due to motherhood or thanks to meds and her handlers, for whatever reason, but it's as if, especially during BJ era, as if she didn't know what was cool anymore. It gave me the impression that she felt she was made believe that she didn't know what was the best (both in her personal life and in terms of career) so she kinda went with the flow. Which I don't think it's necessarily bad, if it was for the best. But in Britney's case we had decisions like the one about Alien don't making the cut to POM, and it's like, you realize her team doesn't have an idea either of what they're doing.

You're not a songwriter? Then let others do that job, if you're just a singer (the ridiculous part was to credit her as co-writer of every BJ song). So I think that's what she did. She totally became a Passenger and trusted in will.i.am blindly, and just waited for him to bring the songs that kinda fitted whatever talks they had.

There's things like, Perfume, she really liked the Dreaming Mix which was actually the original version, but then she agreed it had to be "remixed", in order to be a single and go to the radio (which ended up being the standard version of the song). That kind of thing wouldn't have happened if she felt more sure about what she got and how she wants to present it to the world (which I think changed by 2016 when they released Make Me... or Slumber Party without any of these fears).

Now, people tend to overlook all the 2013 interviews, but she actually talked more about the music of that record, the specific songs, than she did about Glory songs, which was "her baby". That was kinda odd.

Maybe William is feeding her lines through the earpiece? :yaknow:

1 hour ago, xkhingx said:

As she said in the Jonathan Ross Show in 2016

”Well i do have this conservatorship so for my last two albums i felt like a lot of decisions were made for me”

This. It's also no secret Femme Fatale was going to be more rock-inspired/ more in line with DKMW and Unbroken. Her label wanted something more profitable so thats when they took matters into their own hands. BJ was going to be a "Blackout 2.0" and had a bunch of cool producers, but soon will.i.am took over the project. It's like whatever she wanted to do just didn't happen and made her so uncaring about her music.

Glory was different. I feel like she was "behaving" so they let her have control over the music direction. Then she began "misbehaving" and well... we all know where that brought us.

Yes I remember clearly the pre-Britney Jean era where a lot of Hip-Hop producers were working on the album (Elijah Blake, Hit Boy, Wiz Khalifa, etc), and they were teasing so much in Twitter everybody was excited for an urban album. And even Britney said in the Shape interview that the album was definitely going to be more Hip-Hop. We ended up with a fake personal EDM album where she didn't sing half of the songs. :whatitellu: 

For "Femme Fatale" there were rumors of R'n'B/Rock sound (He About To Lose Me, Don't Keep Me Waiting, Pleasure You, Everyday) and others rumors were talking about an 80's inspired album. We ended up with a very solid mainstream but emotionless EDM album. :bareclap:

The thing is after ITZ and Blackout, she should have taken the road to even more maturity, more artistic freedom etc. 

But instead they went the opposite road and her sound was even more childish and more commercial. That's where she lost a lot of fans. (And the very disappointing live performances didn't help of course.) She became more a product than an artist.

It's sad because after ITZ and Blackout she gained a lot of more mature fans, and her sound was considered more trendy, edgy and kind of innovative. She was taken more seriously as an artist.

"Glory" was a nice step in the right direction, but something sensational :ohnoney: was missing .

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

How can you say she wasn’t passionate about Glory but likes the music? That just cancels everything out. True Britney fans can sense Britney was passionate about the album

that's a very broad and judgmental statement

I like Glory but I don't think it's one of her best records, probably one of her best in a decade but that's not saying much - the album was missing hits. The only ones that were potential hits were Mood Ring, DYWCO, and Just Luv Me. It was mostly a filler album with good songs.

The only person who knows who was truly passionate about it is Britney herself

I think y'all look into things a bit too much sometimes.

Plans for albums change all the time, the difference between then (Britney in her prime) and now is the visibility that social media brings. Artists can't keep albums or projects a secret anymore so what happens is the public starts to get leaks and details of concepts and ideas but the public takes those as concrete details.

The same thing happened with her third album Britney. She was fimling Crossroads and the album started to take on a more soundtrack approach for the movie. I'm a Slave 4 U and Boys were the last songs to be recorded for the album. Up until N.E.R.D got involved, the album was supposed to have more of her signature sound (i.e. Overprotected, Cinderalla. etc.) but that concept was quickly scrapped and changed once Slave was recorded. Then the album became more mature and changed directions. Many of y'all don't know that because that info was not easily accessible but if it were to happen today, y'all would try and make it out to be that her team is suppressing her or some stupid **** like that.

• 5 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, Nickey said:

Okay, so what I'm talking about is two eras: Femme Fatale and Britney Jean. Britney was acting so... indifferent during the interviews, especially when someone asked her about the music. A lot of us didn't know about her situation before #freeBritney happened and some of us thought it's Britney's choice to act like that, that she's lost her passion to music, fans, etc...

giphy.giftumblr_lyn4gbSH7K1r49wlzo1_500.gif

I feel like Britney was kind of forced to record those albums. Maybe it was like, she had a concept and started writing, recording and then her team scrapped it because they wanted sells? (You know, Britney Jean was meant to be a personal album.) Well, how ironic, because I think if Britney'd go really deep with expressing herself in music and appeared as an artist, it would sell way better than generic pop music. Some of those interviews were a bit painful to watch, I didn't always understand why Britney was acting like that but now I do - she had no choice. Basically, I know that Britney is just a human so, like all of us she made mistakes, but it's different when you're forced to do some things you don't want to do. So yeah, I think we can blame her team for a lot of (scrapped or flopped) stuff. If you're using somebody against their will to have profits, it's not going to work well.

On Glory - I feel like she had some freedom during this era, but it certainly wasn't 100%. But clearly, it's obvious that her passion to music is still alive.

Of course, it's just my opinion, what do you think about this? :lostney:

Femme Fatale was great the way it came out, but her team wanted it to be a trend hopping EDM album when she wanted it to be an R&B urban album bc Brit aint a trend hopper. BJ was something she was forced to do, she never wanted to release it but her team obligated her to do and hired Myah. Her team always loved controlling her, sad. And also they only care about cashing money

• Super Mods
47 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

Femme Fatale was great the way it came out, but her team wanted it to be a trend hopping EDM album when she wanted it to be an R&B urban album bc Brit aint a trend hopper. BJ was something she was forced to do, she never wanted to release it but her team obligated her to do and hired Myah. Her team always loved controlling her, sad. And also they only care about cashing money

Everyone is in it for the money and with other artists, the managers of other popstars are thinking the same way because of the popstar doesn’t get paid, they don’t so making money is always their concern. I get that and I’m sure Britney understands as well hence why she tries to compensate and find the right balance but I think the real evil in this situation is power. It’s not just the money, because they could still be making money without having to resort to extreme measures like a cship as look at other managers, agents, lawyers, etc still making lots of money without having to put their clients in cships. 
Larry treats Britney like a Barbie doll and obsesses over everything about her, no wonder she became crazy with him nitpicking everything. This guy has deep issues man. She’s not made of plastic Larry

18 minutes ago, Brat2017 said:

I think FF was meant for Britney to seem like a "bot".

You need to remember this was during the whole uprise of the illuminati/MK ultra trend 

Yeah I remember that

Such a bad idea for her to act like a "bot", she's not Gaga, she's a sweet, cookies and flowers person :calculating:

Archived