i just listened to Gimme more for the first time in ages

Slayer

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mario said:

BUT what do you mean 'in ages'? Why are you depriving yourself from such a bop? 

EXACTLY:xcuseme:

"Gimme More" is such a legendary, iconic banger that I really have no idea how someone could be unable to or choose not to listen to it in a period of time so long it can be described as "ages"! :xcuseme:

But, hey, I'm glad you've finally listened to it! :yay:

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I listened to it for the first time in ages too yesterday, because that "honest vocal coach" was reviewing the VMA's 2007 performance.

I still prefer other songs, but the POM show performance made it 100 times better to me :mhm:

oh dear... not her reviewing a lip synched performance :gaspney:

I used to do drive a bit of Uber in my spare time on Friday and Saturday nights. My playlist for it was mainly trash that the young ones like these days. But I put a few songs for myself here and there and that included the ICONIC bop that is gimme more. The passengers rating depended on their reaction to this song. Any Britney slander warranted an instant 1 star. I know how petty this is and I don’t care :byetina:

Still in my top 5 Britney songs ever. I don’t think I’ve gone more than 2 weeks without hearing it, still slaps so hard :groovin:

5 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I used to do drive a bit of Uber in my spare time on Friday and Saturday nights. My playlist for it was mainly trash that the young ones like these days. But I put a few songs for myself here and there and that included the ICONIC bop that is gimme more. The passengers rating depended on their reaction to this song. Any Britney slander warranted an instant 1 star. I know how petty this is and I don’t care :byetina:

Umm... that IS very petty, yes. :sipney:

But (just out of curiosity) what was some of that "trash that the young ones like" that you had? :ineedthetruth:

13 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

Umm... that IS very petty, yes. :sipney:

But (just out of curiosity) what was some of that "trash that the young ones like" that you had? :ineedthetruth:

Well hey, you don’t get to diss the Queen of pop in my car. Some young twink once tried to tell me that Ariana “out-iconed Sh*tney” and this was before she released sweetener. Imagine being that delusional. 

This was a little while back so it was things like the chainsmokers :umok:, Migos, an assortment of requested mumblerap and songs by ex 1d members. No offence to anyone who likes those things, but it’s not to my taste. But that’s mainly because my taste is stuck between ‘99-‘13. 

6 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

This was a little while back so it was things like the chainsmokers :umok:, Migos, an assortment of requested mumblerap and songs by ex 1d members. No offence to anyone who likes those things, but it’s not to my taste. But that’s mainly because my taste is stuck between ‘99-‘13. 

Oh, that stuff... :ugh:

6 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Well hey, you don’t get to diss the Queen of pop in my car. Some young twink once tried to tell me that Ariana “out-iconed Sh*tney” and this was before she released sweetener. Imagine being that delusional.

OMG, are you serious? :ugh: Like, that's not even objectively true. Yours Truly and Dangerous Woman were great (My Everything was good too, but not as good as those) and were very successful, but she only started being kinda iconic during the Dangerous Woman era. Meanwhile, Brinni was already a certified pop legend with her first album. :heresthetea:

Ariana's massive success also didn't really start until the Sweetener era and didn't reach its peak until thank u, next, so that's that on that. :heresthetea:

What a rude comment. :ugh: Respect the legends who are talented and have done nothing illegal / morally wrong! :lemmetellu:

Archived