The Hollywood Reporter VMAs Hit All-Time Ratings Low for 3rd Straight Year

Puppy

• Super Mods

Monday's telecast on MTV drew 1.93 million viewers and a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49. That's an all-time low for the flagship channel, down from the previous low — set last year — of 2.25 million viewers and a 1.1 in the demo. The VMAs have hit all-time ratings lows in each of the past three years.

The MTV telecast was off by 14 percent in viewers and 18 percent in adults 18-49, somewhat smaller declines than either of the past two years — when the total audience fell by 18 percent and 18-49 ratings by more than 20 percent each time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/vmas-hit-all-time-ratings-low-3rd-straight-year-1234937

:shadelaugh:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

The article also said that their social media has been up ever since they focused the VMA marketing on social media, oh what a coincidence that they uploaded all these Britney vma moments and rehashing her iconic moments, and getting people to mention her. They are nothing without her, where’s your Beyoncé to save your *** MTV? 

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

:queenie:

I swear I had to watch this **** sped up because it was SOOOOoooo BOOOooooRRrrrIIINNNnnnngggggg

Oh my God, it was SO BEYOND AWFUL.

Flop artists, flop performances, literally the definition and sheer essence of FLOP. I'll proceed to call the VMAs FMAs from now on for Flop Music Awards. I really thought they were planning something big with the YouTube campaign and them hyping all the past performances. Instead, we got flop irrelevant guests, the same old tired artists robbing everyone of awards, zero excitement, zero controversy, stale jokes and performances that could cause a large scale blackout in North Korea due to severe power drainage.

Why even bother at this point? It's pure crap.

EDIT: I like some of Taylor Swift's songs and her persona is so politically correct and perfect that it's hard to say anything negative about her as a person. Not that I would want to, anyway. I respect artists that write their own music and are as involved in all aspects of their career as she is. But the day Taylor Swift's performance is a major event at an award show is the day I decide I no longer want to live on this Earth.

Where are all the performers with real star quality? We don't need another MJ, we don't need another Britney. But for God's sake, is there really no living performer on this Earth who has that fire in their eyes? Who makes you glued to the screen, latching on to their every move?

Honestly I always tuned into to the VMAs because that’s the only event where people can be trash and that’s okay because it makes good tv and the stellar performances. Even though Britney outshined them, the other performances are just as decent and have great production. I mean anyone remember when Diana Ross played with Lil Kim’s **** when she wore that purple jumpsuit with the pastie? Little moments like that are just fun! Or when Britney and Christina both stepped out to introduce Whitney, everyone was quaking to see how the ladies would act given the rivalry. It doesn’t have to be just performances, there’s no iconic vma moment. Even Buzzfeed was trying but even the highlights are still a dud. 

Dear god Queen, get back your millions and just buyout MTV. You can even rename it BTV and every year the BMAs will be held in Las Vegas where every year Britney comes out and reminds us how beautiful the theater is  :mhm:

10 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

The article also said that their social media has been up ever since they focused the VMA marketing on social media, oh what a coincidence that they uploaded all these Britney vma moments and rehashing her iconic moments, and getting people to mention her. They are nothing without her, where’s your Beyoncé to save your *** MTV? 

I was surprised she wasn't nominated, then I figured out she'll get her 75 nominations next year

That's not surprising. They could show it on every single channel and people still wouldn't tune in. I literally only tune into this show if Britney's on and even then I'd DVR and fast forward til I got to the parts I wanted to see. I don't want to sit through 1 hour and 55 minutes of **** just to see the 5 minutes I want to see.

9 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

:queenie:

I swear I had to watch this **** sped up because it was SOOOOoooo BOOOooooRRrrrIIINNNnnnngggggg

Oh my God, it was SO BEYOND AWFUL.

Flop artists, flop performances, literally the definition and sheer essence of FLOP. I'll proceed to call the VMAs FMAs from now on for Flop Music Awards. I really thought they were planning something big with the YouTube campaign and them hyping all the past performances. Instead, we got flop irrelevant guests, the same old tired artists robbing everyone of awards, zero excitement, zero controversy, stale jokes and performances that could cause a large scale blackout in North Korea due to severe power drainage.

Why even bother at this point? It's pure crap.

EDIT: I like some of Taylor Swift's songs and her persona is so politically correct and perfect that it's hard to say anything negative about her as a person. Not that I would want to, anyway. I respect artists that write their own music and are as involved in all aspects of their career as she is. But the day Taylor Swift's performance is a major event at an award show is the day I decide I no longer want to live on this Earth.

Where are all the performers with real star quality? We don't need another MJ, we don't need another Britney. But for God's sake, is there really no living performer on this Earth who has that fire in their eyes? Who makes you glued to the screen, latching on to their every move?

Bold part: :cuteneylaugh: I'd been seeing the Taylor commercials on tv and thinking that it must be a low point if she's gonna be the biggest performer/most hyped act. Britney's performances flat out spoiled me. And maybe it's not even fair comparing what Taylor can do to what Britney did. I guess overall the joke's on me because Taylor would probably be one of the few people I'd recognize instead of thinking "Who the **** are these people? I've only heard of 3 or 4 of these people."

Archived