Can we expect a britney reference in normani's performance today ? UPDATE: NORMANI SAID SHE STUDIED BRITNEY'S PERFORMANCES.

Toxic.Latin

12 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

honestly, everything she did was great, she looked great and the stage was great but the whole thing was just too tacky for me. Im just not into watching half naked women hump the floor anymore. It had 0 class and that back walkover didnt go with the flow it was like she just put it in there to show that she could do it. But she is immensly talented and I cant wait to see her future performances.

its just so tacky..

tumblr_pwvjd2c8v71uu7hnto1_540.giftumblr_pwww8efzqH1xqg2cgo4_540.gifvtumblr_pwww8efzqH1xqg2cgo3_540.gifvtumblr_pwww8efzqH1xqg2cgo2_540.gifv

like the whole thing just screamed "OMG I HAVE TO SHOW PEOPLE EVERYTHING I CAN DO"

tumblr_pwvl8uTaNk1rsi0yho3_540.gifvtumblr_pwvl8uTaNk1rsi0yho4_540.gifv

Imagine if Brintey would have added a back handspring, back walkover, the splits, her cool back arch and a handstand walk across the stage at the 2001 VMAs. It would have been total overkill.

This was my favorite part.

tumblr_pwvl8uTaNk1rsi0yho2_540.gifv

I do agree that it is (borderline) tacky, but I do not think the general audience thinks of booty shaking as being tacky - Whereas for me definition of tacky is Beyonce, general public think she's a great dancer for some reason because she can shake the *** non-stop for a whole show. 

Nevertheless, I can see where Normani went wrong - she didn't try to create an overall look for the song, but just generally kept on doing stuff and hoped one of them would certainly wow the public. Yes, she wowed me to an extent I can see she's a great dancer and a possible future pop diva - but she needs to create an overall certain vision/feel/theme when performing a song, and I am not sure she has that with motivation - She had the oops shot of her lying on the ground, backflips and striptease brit style, booty shaking beyonce style and a classic max song that could have been just a bit more catchy (whenever I try to remember the rhythm/singing of her song motivation I immediately start singing that song cheerleader somehow)

Her style of dancing is great though - but I do think dancing wise Tinashe got the aesthethic much better. I really do think twerking should really be left alone to the Miley wild years and be forgotten at this point. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived