MTV uploads 'It's Britney, *****' 🌟 Best Britney Spears VMA Moments | VMAs ICONIC!

Mannequin*

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sway still works at MTV??? (lol sorry, I haven't watched MTV in ages after they focused more on trash reality shows instead of music). 

I wonder if Britney's gonna be at this year's VMAs?  I highly doubt it unless new music is coming, but i'm sure this is just MTV using her name again.  Great compilation though :) 

MTV is so desperate trying to get people to watch the crappy VMA's.  Everyone knows Britney made that show and it will never be good again until someone actually puts on a descent visual performance again.  There are a few descent singers and ok performances but nothing like from back in the day like Britney, Madonna or Gaga did.  Like where are the theatrics? The show is just boring now and MTV knows it:mhm:  I really miss the old MTV showing music videos and behind the scenes.  What happened?  It's really sad:tiffsniffle:

1 hour ago, JeNny_C said:

MTV is so desperate trying to get people to watch the crappy VMA's.  Everyone knows Britney made that show and it will never be good again until someone actually puts on a descent visual performance again.  There are a few descent singers and ok performances but nothing like from back in the day like Britney, Madonna or Gaga did.  Like where are the theatrics? The show is just boring now and MTV knows it:mhm:  I really miss the old MTV showing music videos and behind the scenes.  What happened?  It's really sad:tiffsniffle:

I seriously don't understand how people can buy into this every single year. I'd be more interested if the show and the performers still delivered.

19 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Ok many thoughts, but

1. Did they just place the 2016 VMAs Make Me performance above the 2000 VMAs Oops/Satisfaction performance? Excuse me but wut?! :girlwhat:

MTE

I figured Slave would be #1 since most people prefer that one (not me), but Oops should have been at least #2. Even that stupid kid tribute had a higher rank.

5 hours ago, NotBuyingIt said:

I seriously don't understand how people can buy into this every single year. I'd be more interested if the show and the performers still delivered.

I know what you mean.  They hype it up every year and show tons of commercials with old performances but it never ends up being anything close to what it was

7 hours ago, JeNny_C said:

30 minutes ago, JeNny_C said:

I know what you mean.  They hype it up every year and show tons of commercials with old performances but it never ends up being anything close to what it was

The issue with VMA's is that they don't make any sense anymore, since MTV isn't what it used to be to begin with. Back then it all made sense, because throughout the year there was this connection through the channel between the artists, the music and the fans. There was TRL (10 + Pedidos in Latin America ;) ) there was the Making the video, there were MTV specials featuring a certain artist, countdowns, the videos themselves were important, more than just the songs. Everyone tried to do their best, now videoclips are just like some dressing on top of what the musicians do, and if they have any importance it's on YouTube / social media and not MTV anymore.

So they do the awards show, but who are we supposed to be seeing, if there's no one following the channel. How are the nominees and performers chosen? Based on YouTube popularity? The BBH100? Like what does MTV have that separates it from other award shows? They let it die what used to make them original, which was the worship of the music video.

3 hours ago, Fckry said:

I honestly think it’s time for a new awards show that takes everything to a whole new level 

The only thing I could think of would be something based on social media / YouTube but the YouTube awards weren't that popular. And they would have to be focused on just the music aspect. But a live show just doesn't work on social media, I think. Like, everyone would just watch it once it's over, but I don't know as a business how profitable it is for whoever was in charge of doing it.

I just feel like the music scene in general, every artist has become so independent thanks to social media, there is no connection between them. There's just weird friendships that don't make much sense, or there's feuds started by stupid reasons.

There will never be something like this again

trl-inset1-810x610.jpg?r=3by4&s=lg

But most importantly, I think the main reason why awards show suck these days, it's because there's no audience actually. I mean, the biggest consumers of music of these days, which are the young people, they didn't grow up with this kind  of shows or performances/performers, so they're not asking for them. They weren't forced to watch the music videos of other artists they don't like, while waiting to see their fave's video.

So awards shows should get people that we, the older guys are interested in, Britney, Eminem, Christina, Backstreet Boys, etc. But they're not dominating the music scene anymore, so why would they go, why would they win an award or what would they perform?

Archived