FINALLY! MTV UPLOADS 2003 VMAS IN HD! AND THEY FORGOT TO MENTION XTINE. EDIT: THEY ADDED HER AFTER 2 DAYS. LOL

Toxic.Latin

22 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

If they sued MTV for it, it'd be the first lawsuit of theirs that I support :demi: 

Supposed tea for it is that MTV felt really bad they caused the 2007 performance to be as bad as it was. Even though the show wasn't great, they centered the camera on her in really weird angles that made her look worse, they didn't pan out like they did with other performances, etc.

So after that they really tried to make up for that from the 2008 VMA's on.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Commotion said:

Supposed tea for it is that MTV felt really bad they caused the 2007 performance to be as bad as it was. Even though the show wasn't great, they centered the camera on her in really weird angles that made her look worse, they didn't pan out like they did with other performances, etc.

Until they decided it was enough apologies, and celebrated her Video Vanguard Award by making her introduce Beyoncé's performance.  

2 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

Such an iconic performance and each performer did such a great job. Am I the only one that likes "Hollywood"?

I love Hollywood

1 hour ago, Commotion said:

In their defense tho... on the leaked rehearsal, Britney look more fluid, she looked better with jeans and tee and they used pretty. much the same angles. The issue was the lighting and the outfit. 

On 8/21/2019 at 12:36 PM, PokemonSpears said:

Until they decided it was enough apologies, and celebrated her Video Vanguard Award by making her introduce Beyoncé's performance.  

That whole bit irritated the **** out of me. It's true I don't know the backstage gossip so I don't know if they knew that Britney's gonna be nervous or awkward about the spotlight being on her and that's why they paired her with somebody outgoing like Lady Gaga so all eyes would be on her instead. Instead Lady Gaga acted obnoxious imo and then the tidbit about introducing Beyonce was the cherry on top of the shitty tribute. Britney deserved better. 

1 hour ago, glitterfalls said:

That whole bit irritated the **** out of me. It's true I don't know the backstage gossip so I don't know if they knew that Britney's gonna be nervous or awkward about the spotlight being on her and that's why they paired her with somebody outgoing like Lady Gaga so all eyes would be on her instead. Instead Lady Gaga acted obnoxious imo and then the tidbit about introducing Beyonce was the cherry on top of the shitty tribute. Britney deserved better. 

Like, she could've introduced Beyoncé after a commercial break or something but mixing both things at the same time was awkward and confusing for the public, and rude for Britney.

Why didn't they make Beyoncé present the vanguard award to Britney after her performance and "pregnancy" reveal? Of course not, 'cause that would've been very rude. 

It reminds me of 2002 when Britney introduced Michael Jackson and he thought he was receiving "the artist of the millennium award" but it's like, what was he supposed to receive in the first place if that wasn't a thing? :beynah: because he went there with a speech written on a paper and everything. Supposedly it was for his brithday, but the whole thing was very confusing to begin with, and all of that, only o present the Best Pop Video award or something afterwards. Like, why do they love to make everything so messy instead of giving its time and space to each event? :idkney: 

i think they uploaded it because missy is on it and she's getting mtv's vanguard award next week. i hope they show this on this year's vmas so new artists can get to see britney, she was so iconic back then seriously. that performance is gold i mean they getting justin's reaction while britney kills it is hilarious!

14 hours ago, glitterfalls said:

that was so so weird. i can't even watch it again because it's to cringy. i can't believe what happened to britney... she could still be really big but instead her team is making her do other things....bah

On 8/23/2019 at 12:11 AM, BSfemme said:

i think they uploaded it because missy is on it and she's getting mtv's vanguard award next week. i hope they show this on this year's vmas so new artists can get to see britney, she was so iconic back then seriously. that performance is gold i mean they getting justin's reaction while britney kills it is hilarious!

And not only that, but other "haters" were also there like Avril or Eminem. And of course a Beyoncé before she was super overrated.

13 minutes ago, troubleguy said:

can somebody explain why JT was so pressed af? :ohi:

because they had just broken up ? :nicki2:

Archived