Vinyl petition

On 8/19/2019 at 3:01 AM, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

To be honest, I know we have Glory but as a collector, it feels out of place on black vinyl now we have so many coloured Britney vinyls. As for BJ, I NEED Till It's Gone on vinyl! And Brightest Morning Star but that won't happen so just TIG. And maybe Work *****. It'd be fun blasting that on vinyl at 1am :selenerz:

10 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Ok, let's say that, hypothetically, UO do bless Bobby's Junk with a vinyl release. Knowing their modus operandi, they are likely to skip all the bonus tracks meaning you're not getting Brightest Morning Star, Hold on Tight, and Now That I Found You. Wouldn't that be a straight up suicide for an album that, on its own, is the weakest in her entire catalogue? These 3 bonus tracks are the saving grace for the album.

Seriously, how amazing would Hold on Tight sound on a vinyl? :yasqueen:

Honestly, it would be s**tty if only the standard edition was pressed on vinyl, since the bonus tracks really are the highlight of the album. :tbh:

Honestly, though, y'all out here praising "HOT" and "BMS" and just completely ignoring the fact that "Perfume" - The Dreaming Mix also appears on the deluxe edition? :juggingu: That's literally the best song on the album, no questions about it. It's one of the only remixes I know that don't sound like a remix and could be mistaken as an original version and y'all just let it go underappreciated like that? :juggingu: It's literally her second best remix, after "And Then We Kiss" - Junkie XL Remix, A.K.A. an amazing and dreamy song, A.K.A. Britney's best song. :juggingu:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Ok, let's say that, hypothetically, UO do bless Bobby's Junk with a vinyl release. Knowing their modus operandi, they are likely to skip all the bonus tracks meaning you're not getting Brightest Morning Star, Hold on Tight, and Now That I Found You. Wouldn't that be a straight up suicide for an album that, on its own, is the weakest in her entire catalogue? These 3 bonus tracks are the saving grace for the album.

Seriously, how amazing would Hold on Tight sound on a vinyl? :yasqueen:

BMS would be a devastating loss. NTIFY is ok. I can't even remember HOT. Just looked it up and I'm not gutted about that one either. It's dull I know, but I could skip 60% of BJ on vinyl but it'd be worth it to have Work, Perfume, Till It's Gone (the best song from that album, I don't even care if it's not Britneyl and Chillin' With U (I'm not even being sarcastic). Most vinyls/albums don't have a lot of good songs. There's always gonna be fillers. Take Madonna's Ray Of Light. People LOVE the album. I listened to it for the first time yesterday (I've never been a huge Madonna fan but I do like her singles and I like Erotica/Madame X) and I don't get the appeal of it. Frozen and ROL are great (which I already knew) but the rest of the album was just meh. Not awful but not as praise-worthy or life-changing/spiritual as people make it out to be. 

7 minutes ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

Most vinyls/albums don't have a lot of good songs. There's always gonna be fillers. Take Madonna's Ray Of Light. People LOVE the album. I listened to it for the first time yesterday (I've never been a huge Madonna fan but I do like her singles and I like Erotica/Madame X) and I don't get the appeal of it. Frozen and ROL are great (which I already knew) but the rest of the album was just meh. Not awful but not as praise-worthy or life-changing/spiritual as people make it out to be. 

Oh, that's an opinion I haven't heard before! :ohwow:

I love Ray Of Light because of its dreamy, calm, and beautiful electronic production, and the lyrics, which are either interesting ("Candy Perfume Girl", "Shanti / Ashtangi"), or just really good ("Frozen", "The Power Of Good-Bye", "Mer Girl").

I think there are no filler tracks on Ray Of Light, everything is perfect. To me, the problem is the length of some tracks *cough* "Skin" *cough*. I mean, the shortest track on that album is already over 4 minutes.

12 minutes ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

BMS would be a devastating loss. NTIFY is ok. I can't even remember HOT. Just looked it up and I'm not gutted about that one either. It's dull I know, but I could skip 60% of BJ on vinyl but it'd be worth it to have Work, Perfume, Till It's Gone (the best song from that album, I don't even care if it's not Britneyl and Chillin' With U (I'm not even being sarcastic).

I also think "Til It's Gone" is one of the best songs on Britney Jean (my third favourite, after "Perfume", and "Perfume" - The Dreaming Mix). "Chillin' With You" is literally a song that's so-bad-it's-good, really! :unbelievableney: I think that's one of the reasons it's so iconic here on Exhale. :unbelievableney:

"Work *****" would probably sound really good on vinyl, since (from what I heard and read) vinyl offers great sound quality, the best out of all physical music formats. I'm not sure, though, I've never owned a vinyl. :disappointed:

1 hour ago, Shadow2003 said:

Oh, that's an opinion I haven't heard before! :ohwow:

I love Ray Of Light because of its dreamy, calm, and beautiful electronic production, and the lyrics, which are either interesting ("Candy Perfume Girl", "Shanti / Ashtangi"), or just really good ("Frozen", "The Power Of Good-Bye", "Mer Girl").

I think there are no filler tracks on Ray Of Light, everything is perfect. To me, the problem is the length of some tracks *cough* "Skin" *cough*. I mean, the shortest track on that album is already over 4 minutes.

I also think "Til It's Gone" is one of the best songs on Britney Jean (my third favourite, after "Perfume", and "Perfume" - The Dreaming Mix). "Chillin' With You" is literally a song that's so-bad-it's-good, really! :unbelievableney: I think that's one of the reasons it's so iconic here on Exhale. :unbelievableney:

"Work *****" would probably sound really good on vinyl, since (from what I heard and read) vinyl offers great sound quality, the best out of all physical music formats. I'm not sure, though, I've never owned a vinyl. :disappointed:

I love vinyl. I don't buy them for the sound. I just like collecting and listening to it if that makes sense. Some vinyls sound atrocious like the 7" singles Ariana did. It's also a case of how good the record player is but again, I just like vinyls because they're fun.

I don't mean to sound so negative about Madonna, it's just I can't see the appeal others can. Frozen is amazing and I'm really liking ROL at the moment but some of the other tracks were too hard for me to get into properly. Don't get me wrong, I could listen to them but they're not as "wow" as people say. I feel if a less successful artist made the album, people wouldn't care but because it's her, it's suddenly a work of art. Same with Confessions. I like Hung Up, love Sorry and like Jump so I gave the album a go and I was like "meh". Not terrible at all but not worth being called her best album. Saying that, I don't know what it. I liked Rebel Heart (unpopular opinion) but I think as an album, Madame X is her best from what I've listened to of her albums. Again, sorry if I'm coming across as rude. I'm happy it makes others feel certain things when they listen to it. I guess Frozen is the one song from that album that does evoke some emotion from me. 

The comment about Chillin With You - yes! Nobody said it was a Grammy Winner but it's a nice and memorable song. Perhaps because it's so cheesy but still, it works.

9 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

:wtf:
:wtf::wtf::wtf:

THE SHEER BLASPHEMY AND OVERWHELMING LIES!!!???

:idkha:

1) Ray of Light has zero filler. #Fact (the only song I could do without is the mess that is Shanti/Ashtangi aka Madonna's failed attempt at faux spirituality - its production still ***** all over any song on the charts now tho).

My mind literally cannot comprehend how another human being could possibly label gems like Drowned World/Substitute for Love, Swim, Nothing Really Matters, The Power of Good-Bye, To Have and Not to Hold as "meh". I literally cannot. These are some of the most beautifully written songs I've ever heard in my entire life and the production is just orgasmic and holds up so well even today.

I really don't understand how one could not fall in love with the record. I suppose you didn't spend enough time with it... I mean, it's a different kind of album. You really need to plant a seed in your life and let it grow on you. It's not the type of album that you listen to and get bombarded by bops after bops (e.g. Confessions).

2) Hold on Tight is Baby Joe's Born to Make You Happy and you will deal. It's the only song I genuinely love.

I gave it a chance but some of the songs were never ending. I was just waiting for it to be over at that point. I tried "listening" to the lyrics but the songs just weren't enough to hold my attention. You're never gonna win everyone over. It seems like we're polar opposites in terms of music. I'm guessing since I love Britney, you probably hate it. I'm dying to know now.

1 hour ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I love vinyl. I don't buy them for the sound. I just like collecting and listening to it if that makes sense. Some vinyls sound atrocious like the 7" singles Ariana did. It's also a case of how good the record player is but again, I just like vinyls because they're fun.

Ehh... I once thought about buying some vinyls, however:

1. they're expensive as ****,
  2. I don't have any equipment to play them on, and I don't want to buy something that'll just collect dust on a shelf,
  3. you have to be E X T R A careful with them, and I'm just not the right person for something like that.
1 hour ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I don't mean to sound so negative about Madonna, it's just I can't see the appeal others can. Frozen is amazing and I'm really liking ROL at the moment but some of the other tracks were too hard for me to get into properly. Don't get me wrong, I could listen to them but they're not as "wow" as people say. I feel if a less successful artist made the album, people wouldn't care but because it's her, it's suddenly a work of art. Same with Confessions. I like Hung Up, love Sorry and like Jump so I gave the album a go and I was like "meh". Not terrible at all but not worth being called her best album. Saying that, I don't know what it. I liked Rebel Heart (unpopular opinion) but I think as an album, Madame X is her best from what I've listened to of her albums. Again, sorry if I'm coming across as rude. I'm happy it makes others feel certain things when they listen to it. I guess Frozen is the one song from that album that does evoke some emotion from me.

Oh, no, I don't think you were rude at all! You're perfectly entitled to that opinion, and I'm fine with it. :mhm:

Honestly, I liked Rebel Heart too. It was a decent pop album, though it did have some trash songs *cough* "S.E.X." *cough*. Definitely a step-up from Hard Candy and MDNA. Madame X is easily the best album she released in the 2010s, though. :mhm:

38 minutes ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I gave it a chance but some of the songs were never ending. I was just waiting for it to be over at that point. I tried "listening" to the lyrics but the songs just weren't enough to hold my attention. You're never gonna win everyone over. It seems like we're polar opposites in terms of music. I'm guessing since I love Britney, you probably hate it. I'm dying to know now.

Honestly, knowing Dayve, I don't think his response was completely serious. :jj: :mhmnod: :jj:

Though he is probably o u t r a g e d too. :yesokay:

50 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Lmao. I love your sense of humor :hahaha:

LOL, t h a n k s! :jj:

36 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

Ehh... I once thought about buying some vinyls, however:

1. they're expensive as ****,
  2. I don't have any equipment to play them on, and I don't want to buy something that'll just collect dust on a shelf,
  3. you have to be E X T R A careful with them, and I'm just not the right person for something like that.

Oh, no, I don't think you were rude at all! You're perfectly entitled to that opinion, and I'm fine with it. :mhm:

Honestly, I liked Rebel Heart too. It was a decent pop album, though it did have some trash songs *cough* "S.E.X." *cough*. Definitely a step-up from Hard Candy and MDNA. Madame X is easily the best album she released in the 2010s, though. :mhm:

Honestly, knowing Dayve, I don't think his response was completely serious. :jj: :mhmnod: :jj:

Though he is probably o u t r a g e d too. :yesokay:

LOL, t h a n k s! :jj:

I'm clumsy but I don't worry about scratching them. I worry about dropping them but I don't need to keep them in pristine condition. Half the time, the songs skip from the moment they arrive so if I overdo it with a record, I'll just go back to the cd. They are expensive though like you said and it doesn't help when they're limited edition and people stock up and flog them for stupid amounts.

I've said it before but a lot of artists don't have a perfect album. Critics can rave about something but it doesn't make it good. The same goes for chart music. Thank U Next is a pretty boring album but her fans praise everything she does. I love Ariana but compared to My Everything, TUN is weak. I don't know if I'm just hard to please or I enjoy disagreeing with popular opinion but when people rave on about overrated songs/albums, it drives me nuts. I'm happy everyone is different and enjoys different things but it's like "stop going on about it". It'd be nice if the gp did it with Britney but it's always people I don't care about like Lewis Capaldi, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce etc. Same with radio. They rarely play Britney and it's like, be fair, play something for everyone, not just P!nk's new songs or whatever Ed has out at the moment. Rant over.

:brityeah:

I just realised your name btw. Classic song. Underrated ballad.

4 hours ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

BMS would be a devastating loss. NTIFY is ok. I can't even remember HOT. Just looked it up and I'm not gutted about that one either. It's dull I know, but I could skip 60% of BJ on vinyl but it'd be worth it to have Work, Perfume, Till It's Gone (the best song from that album, I don't even care if it's not Britneyl and Chillin' With U (I'm not even being sarcastic). Most vinyls/albums don't have a lot of good songs. There's always gonna be fillers. Take Madonna's Ray Of Light. People LOVE the album. I listened to it for the first time yesterday (I've never been a huge Madonna fan but I do like her singles and I like Erotica/Madame X) and I don't get the appeal of it. Frozen and ROL are great (which I already knew) but the rest of the album was just meh. Not awful but not as praise-worthy or life-changing/spiritual as people make it out to be. 

tbh Ray of Light just takes many many listens to get into and truly appreciate, that's how it was for me

6 minutes ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

I've said it before but a lot of artists don't have a perfect album. Critics can rave about something but it doesn't make it good. The same goes for chart music. Thank U Next is a pretty boring album but her fans praise everything she does. I love Ariana but compared to My Everything, TUN is weak. I don't know if I'm just hard to please or I enjoy disagreeing with popular opinion but when people rave on about overrated songs/albums, it drives me nuts. I'm happy everyone is different and enjoys different things but it's like "stop going on about it". It'd be nice if the gp did it with Britney but it's always people I don't care about like Lewis Capaldi, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce etc. Same with radio. They rarely play Britney and it's like, be fair, play something for everyone, not just P!nk's new songs or whatever Ed has out at the moment. Rant over.

Honestly, I'd (once again) disagree with you, because I really enjoyed thank u, next. I don't think that "7 rings" and "buwyg,ib" should've been singles, though. :mhmnod:

I actually don't hear much about Beyoncé (that may be because I don't live in the U.S.), and her music isn't played a lot on the radio, except for "Single Ladies" and "If I Were A Boy".

Ed Sheeran on the other hand... :nyheadache:

God, why, WHY, W H Y is he as popular as he is??? :nyheadache: His two biggest hits, "Shape Of You" and "Perfect" both suck - "Shape Of You" makes it sound like Ed is a 12-year-old who still doesn't know what *** is, while "Perfect" is not only a blatant rip-off of "Thinking Out Loud", but it's SO B O R I N G it could put a room of preschoolers to sleep. :byebitch:

Also, his latest hit, "I Don't Care" sucks too. I hate it. I hate it and its video. :byetina:

14 minutes ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

:brityeah:

I just realised your name btw. Classic song. Underrated ballad.

Oh, that's cool! Thanks! :yay:

Yeah, "Shadow" deserves so much more love, it's the second best song from In The Zone. Meanwhile, we're out here appreciating... "Brave New Girl" or some s * * t like that. :ugh:

12 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

Honestly, I'd (once again) disagree with you, because I really enjoyed thank u, next. I don't think that "7 rings" and "buwyg,ib" should've been singles, though. :mhmnod:

I actually don't hear much about Beyoncé (that may be because I don't live in the U.S.), and her music isn't played a lot on the radio, except for "Single Ladies" and "If I Were A Boy".

Ed Sheeran on the other hand... :nyheadache:

God, why, WHY, W H Y is he as popular as he is??? :nyheadache: His two biggest hits, "Shape Of You" and "Perfect" both suck - "Shape Of You" makes it sound like Ed is a 12-year-old who still doesn't know what *** is, while "Perfect" is not only a blatant rip-off of "Thinking Out Loud", but it's SO B O R I N G it could put a room of preschoolers to sleep. :byebitch:

Also, his latest hit, "I Don't Care" sucks too. I hate it. I hate it and its video. :byetina:

Oh, that's cool! Thanks! :yay:

Yeah, "Shadow" deserves so much more love, it's the second best song from In The Zone. Meanwhile, we're out here appreciating... "Brave New Girl" or some s * * t like that. :ugh:

Hey now, don't come for BNG :byebitch:

Looks like we're opposites too because BUWYG is one of my favourite Ari songs. I like 7 rings but even that's meh. Bad Idea is good but the others made no lasting impression on me (title track aside). Sweetener was the same; loved the singles, wasn't fussed about the rest of the album. I honestly love My Everything and it's actually the album tracks I prefer. Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart is simply amazing. One of my favourite albums is Kacey's Golden Hour. I loved that album from the first time I heard it. I guess, despite it being rare, I am capable of feeling things :truthtea:

Archived