Remember How Some Of Us Celebrated The End Of POM?

Because we were sick to death of it? The same songs/lazy choreo/awful hair and make up and costumes/twitching. 

I'm still glad it's done. But now I worry if she does decide to perform again - it'll be POM all over again. The same stuff but maybe with 2 songs changed. I really wanted to bury POM but I worry it'll never die :(

Even though I wasn't wowed by the Domination rehearsals I was at least happy it was slightly different to POM. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think POM was great from the start till the end. Of course there was some low moments because it was a very long run. But it was fun. I think as fans it's natural that we got bored of it after a few years because we were kinda seeing videos and pictures from every shows, that's a lot.

Domination seemed very cool and Britney Spears seemed very happy to do the rehearsals. I loved what we saw in the video and with the costumes and props it could have been really cool. I just hope that she will go back to some more elaborate costumes like she used to have. POM was kind of all over the place because it has no solid theme. But Domination had that solid theme of dominating so probably the costumes would have been more thought out related to that. 
For Piece of me, she wore pieces of costumes (bad joke I know) 

There's a great chance that she sticks to residency now with a mini world tour sometimes, I think it's fine. And it won't go on for ever anyway, I guess people will get "bored" of the shows if it's on too much. The big needed break she's taking for her personnal life is actually great for her residency career. When or if she'll be back to it, it would have been a long time without her shows so people will be very excited to see her again. And all the drama that surrounds her right know will make us more excited to see her slay on stage. 

I'm confident she'll always bring good shows. Maybe not like the ones she used to do when she was very young, but it will never be bad. Even when she's not feeling it she delivers something. Just think about the 2007 VMA Gimme more performance -> she clearly wasn't into it and had a lot on her mind but the performance is really nice and I still enjoy watching it. It's the same now but better because she's feeling better than in 2007 I guess. 

I think we should stop expecting things that she doesn't want to do. It's not helping imo. Just wait and see, Britney has always been entertaining on stage, she has that something that always made her shows a pleasure to watch. I hope she will sort out what's happening in her life right now and then do what she wants to do. She gave so much to the public since she was 17, we can't be mad at her for anything.

There's an easy solution to the problem: stop buying tickets. We should have done it years ago and demand some live vocals instead. Personally, I would accept paying extra cash to see a totally acoustic show (bbc live lounge kind of show), rather than spending 200$ for the same old wigs, costume changes and zumba dance. It would be much cheaper for them too. 

Domination was different but it wasn't much better than what POM became in late 2016 :yeaok: (at least judging from the videos she posted on her IG during the rehearsals) It was too soon imo, and the fact that not even the opening night was sold out speaks loud... :brityeah: also, if we compare the rehearsals from IABJ to what we saw for Domination, i think POM had more solid choreographies in the beginning and u can see that she was passionate about it and she cared, while for Domination it looked like her dancers learned their choreographies, while Britney was just doing freestyle stuff...

It was pretty bad to watch if u ask me :brityes:

3 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Because we were sick to death of it? The same songs/lazy choreo/awful hair and make up and costumes/twitching. 

I'm still glad it's done. But now I worry if she does decide to perform again - it'll be POM all over again. The same stuff but maybe with 2 songs changed. I really wanted to bury POM but I worry it'll never die :(

Even though I wasn't wowed by the Domination rehearsals I was at least happy it was slightly different to POM. 

agree, i still can't believe it lasted that long, there was more evolution during her prime (for obvious reasons) which is probably why POM felt like it lasted 20 years since it barely had any changes except the glance we had on 2016

POM

article-0-1A4EF8B000000578-150_634x560.jpg

article-2726613-2090CAC100000578-648_634x717.jpg

Britney-Spears-Piece-Me-Concert-December-2015.JPG

britneypic1.jpg

Britney-Spears:-Performing-at-her-Piece-of-Me--29-662x910.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000428718337.jpg

Prime days

latest?cb=20130422195815

tumblr_ny3zlycl4I1s3x4wno1_400.jpg

normal_042.jpg

2002 (not much in this outfit besides a minor change, but had songs remixed and extra stuff)

normal_007.jpg

827f5805bb9188a33dcb7043d10b4b0a.jpg

normal_003.jpg

9 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

The main problem I had with POM was the Oops and BOMT segment... why turn them into "dark" performances?  It was stupid to me. 

yes...that was the main problem of POM

not the 20 year old high pitched vocals, lack of creativity, bad choreography, bad outfits, no passion, robotic show

6 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Well... havent we had that for the last 3 tours?  I excuse that stuff for the most part because there are good moments.  

I think that dark section was probably one of her best ones in creativity for the show. It just didn't fit with the rest, but then again none of the sections fit with any.

Her execution was off though (only good in 2015/2016). The songs don't really have happy message so I don't mind the dark feel to it. BOMT about a breakup and OIDIA about friendzoning on purpose.

8 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

I think that dark section was probably one of her best ones in creativity for the show. It just didn't fit with the rest, but then again none of the sections fit with any.

Her execution was off though (only good in 2015/2016). The songs don't really have happy message so I don't mind the dark feel to it. BOMT about a breakup and OIDIA about friendzoning on purpose.

Nah... those are 2 of her most iconic hits with the older GP... the remixes should have been closer to the originals and more grand.  It is unwatchable IMO.  It was better live but I always hate the videos of those 2 performances.  

Archived