This videos is CRIMINALly underrated

THE CRIMINAL OFFICAL MUSIC VIDEO

tumblr_nq7fgmd2991qc5i9so1_500.gif

Actually let me rephrase it, this is not just any video, it's a whole Hollywood movie :yesplease: Something about the camera or the filter makes this video seem very different from anything in the FF era or anything she has done at all :cutebrit:Also keep in mind that this is the first time Britney shot a video outside of the US :hairflip: This is also one of FFney's best looks overall, and we all know that era isn't fondly known for its looks :receipts2:

Enjoy yourself with the assortment of Neys the video provided-

Actressney:

giphy.gif

Sassney:

giphy.gif

NutKickerney:

britney_criminal_video.gif

Sexmey:

giphy.gif

Badassney:

giphy.gif

Athleticney:

tumblr_inline_npw4ruYXqB1tv5nrp_500.gif

Interludeney:

giphy.gif

Amd as for the finale, I provide you with probably the best cinematographic moment from Britneys career, or considering all music videos in general:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

That scene gives me chills paired with the last chorus of the song. The way all the trained policemen miss their shots while Britney and Jason kisses :sobbing: The sparks and fire and everything clouding the background :anxiety: This is just too good :yasqueen:

And I don't get why major publications and many fans list a very basic video like ...Baby One More Time in which actually nothing happens above this masterpiece in Britneys best videos ever. I mean I get the iconicity and stuff but in all aspects Criminal is a better video with an actual storyline (a rare case in Britney videos) than a video in which a student dances in the parking lot and doing nothing :beynah: like wut?

The song is very underrated too but I'm saving that for another thread as Exhale is slowly dying down and we need more topics to save it from doing so :brityeah:

This is one of my favourite videos not just from Britney, but overall. What do you think?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not even close to being one of my favorite songs, but it’s such an underrated video! The story line, the visuals, her acting and passion... Brit was definitely into this project and it shows. Who knew Britney dancing in a doorframe was something we were missing in life? She is STUNNING. This was probably her last well rounded music video IMO. Everything after this has been cheesy and heavily relied on product placement (and/or scrapped :surething:). I actually love this video... it’s only downside is that they let Jason Twatwick be in it.

11 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Who knew Britney dancing in a doorframe was something we were missing in life?

Seriously. The door frame dancing/face closeups were incredible... Best scene of the FF era videos IMO. The armography execution was on the level of the close ups in the Oops video. The way she moved her body seemed fluid and natural. She didn't look awkward or tired at all. If you would've told me this was Primeney, I would have believed you. :tysm:

Image result for britney spears criminal gifRelated imageRelated imageImage result for britney spears criminal gifRelated image

23 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

it’s only downside is that they let Jason Twatwick be in it.

9 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

agree with @blackoutbixxh that Jason Twatwick shouldn't have been in the video.

I read somewhere that Jason was featured in the video only because the video contained many ****** scenes and Britney preferred having to do them with her boyfriend rather than him watching as she does it with other dudes :overitkbye:

8 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I read somewhere that Jason was featured in the video only because the video contained many ****** scenes and Britney preferred having to do them with her boyfriend rather than him watching as she does it with other dudes :overitkbye:

Do we think it was actually Britney who preferred, or Jason/Larry/Jamie/Adam/Lou/Hannah?? :badthoughts:

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, DayvinDazone said:

I remember that it was instantly my favorite video during the Femme Fatale era. Something about it has a different vibe, she was clearly more into it than when she shot the other videos. I don't really know how to explain it.... it's like she wasn't really present in the HIAM and I Wanna Go videos, even though I like them too, I just feel like her attitude wasn't fully there.

I agree with @blackoutbixxh that Jason Twatwick shouldn't have been in the video. I'm not a fan of Britney featuring her boyfriends in her music/videos in general, but how coincidental he was the one in the role of the man that is her savior as he was literally in the process of becoming her co-conservator in real life. :byebitch:

I wish Britney had more story heavy videos, she's a great actress imo and it seems to me like anytime she's attempted to do a video like that it either gets heavily edited or never released since it just didn't work (Perfume, Make Me original version).

I remember she said during her prime that she likes music videos that have a story so she often times would want stories in hers. I think Larry hates it because then that means he can’t make an edit he wants. 

I think “Criminal” is a good music video that attempted to portray Britney in a new light which I applaud and the fact that it was set in England gave it a different feel however, it doesn’t have a lot of repeat value for me compared to her other visuals  and that’s me just being honest. 

13 hours ago, C0CKy said:

That video has never been underrated for me. 

I hate that it was wasted on that song though. 

I’m forever bitter that Criminal was picked over Inside Out. 

Agree... I'm bitter as well. Inside Out was a much more mature, relatable song. Might have given Britney more respect as an artist. The lyrics "Hit me one more time" and "You're the only one who ever drove me crazy" were great. Miley's Wrecking Ball just a couple years later was very similar in sound and lyrics and was a huge hit. Inside Out would've done well. Not to mention, the remixes were fire. Example:

Many fans criticized Femme Fatale for many reasons... but I sincerely miss that era. :tiffanycries:

Archived