Fake Followers on Britney's Instagram/Twitter

Panos

Hey!

I found this list which shows the amount of fake followers  celebrities have on twitter / instagram

Britney is 75th overall

75   Britney Spears 22,300,000 instagram followers 36% fake instagram followers 56,353,265 twitter followers 31% fake twitter followers 78,653,265 total followers 25,338,999 total fake followers 32%

here you can check out the list!

https://www.icmp.ac.uk/fake-followers/#All 

what do you think?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I want to know how Victoria Beckham has over 26 million followers on IG but the rest of the Spice Girls have less than 1 million each (Mel B has 1 million).. oh, and how is Victoria Beckham not on this list? She doesn't even have that many comments. 

I mean she is married to David Beckham who is a massive worldwide legend. Plus her image stayed more current in comparison to the other spice girls. 

Meh, it's pretty difficult to stop fake followers.  I doubt they wasted money buying any followers like some other artists do, heck even my own account has mostly fake followers since they only have one pic or none at all lol.  The bots run wild on social.

8 hours ago, alienatedNey said:

out of topic but just realised that her IG followers are so low yet her Twitter's so high. people really need to follow her IG its literally gold :mhm: and since she no longer has access to her twitter account too :mariahstare:

I think twitter is older than instagram maybe that's why she has more followers there.

1 hour ago, Panos said:

I think twitter is older than instagram maybe that's why she has more followers there.

This, and at one moment (in 2009 I think) she was the most followed person/account on Twitter!

Than Lady Gaga surpassed her, and today that #1 spot holds Katy Perry. 

But she was never #1 on Instagram. 

7 hours ago, Panos said:

I've noticed that there is quite a lot of celebs that have more followers on Instagram than Twitter though. It might be to do with how long she's had her accounts on both outlets for, cause Britney's had her Twitter since 2008, and her Instagram since 2011 I believe.

Quite a lot of celebs have 100+ followers on Insta, more than Twitter. Even though Twitter is older I always got the idea Insta is more popular nowadays?

6 hours ago, Lil Jay said:

Than Lady Gaga surpassed her

I miss the days in 2010/2011 when Gaga and Justin Bieber were the 2 most followed on Twitter.

I have no idea what happened to Gaga's followers, but around 2012 she kinda stopped gaining, now she's nowhere near the most followed on the site.

34 minutes ago, Isla said:

I've noticed that there is quite a lot of celebs that have more followers on Instagram than Twitter though. It might be to do with how long she's had her accounts on both outlets for, cause Britney's had her Twitter since 2008, and her Instagram since 2011 I believe.

Quite a lot of celebs have 100+ followers on Insta, more than Twitter. Even though Twitter is older I always got the idea Insta is more popular nowadays?

I think instagram is more popular nowdays..but in Britney's case it kinda makes sense...since she was more popular back in 2008. 

40 minutes ago, Isla said:

I miss the days in 2010/2011 when Gaga and Justin Bieber were the 2 most followed on Twitter.

I have no idea what happened to Gaga's followers, but around 2012 she kinda stopped gaining, now she's nowhere near the most followed on the site.

I think she changed her edgy image around that time..and maybe people lost interest in her?

On 8/9/2019 at 6:53 PM, Panos said:

Hey!

I found this list which shows the amount of fake followers  celebrities have on twitter / instagram

Britney is 75th overall

75   Britney Spears 22,300,000 instagram followers 36% fake instagram followers 56,353,265 twitter followers 31% fake twitter followers 78,653,265 total followers 25,338,999 total fake followers 32%

here you can check out the list!

https://www.icmp.ac.uk/fake-followers/#All 

what do you think?

Well, it makes sense that she's on the list, since she's a musical legend and all huge celebrities will end up with fake followers, whether they want them or not. Her spot in the ranking does change, though.

If we look at the ranking by who has the most fake Instagram followers, Britney is 56th.

In the ranking of most fake Twitter followers, Brit is 66th.

That's honestly not bad, but it could be better. :tbh:

Also, how do these fake followers work? They can either be created by some random person and then follow random accounts, or they can be bought by the celebs themselves, yes? Is there anything else to it? :ineedthetruth:

On 8/11/2019 at 12:33 AM, Isla said:

Kylie Jenner is ONLY 68?? I was honestly expecting her to be in the top 10. There's no way that many of her followers are genuine.

Also why are so many of the celebs near the top of the list sports stars?

I'm also kinda surprised. Here are their ranking positions:

Most Instagram followers

• Kim Kardashian - #5
  • Kylie Jenner - #6
  • Kendall Jenner - #11
  • Khloé Kardashian - #14
  • Kourtney Kardashian - #17
  • Kris Jenner - #64

Most fake Instagram followers

• Kourtney Kardashian - #9 / 49%
  • Kris Jenner - #23 / 45%
  • Khloé Kardashian - #25 / 44%
  • Kim Kardashian - #27 / 44%
  • Kendall Jenner - #66 / 33%
  • Kylie Jenner - #76 / 31%

Most Twitter followers

• Kim Kardashian - #11
  • Kendall Jenner - #26
  • Kylie Jenner - #28
  • Khloé Kardashian - #29
  • Kourtney Kardashian - #32
  • Kris Jenner - #56

Most fake Twitter followers

• Kylie Jenner - #8 / 42%
  • Khloé Kardashian - #13 / 41%
  • Kim Kardashian - #21 / 39%
  • Kendall Jenner - #24 / 38%
  • Kourtney Kardashian - #28 / 37%
  • Kris Jenner - #39 / 36%

I never thought I'd type the names "Kardashian" and "Jenner" this many times... :eeek:

Honestly, though, what's scary is that even the ones with the most fake followers in the Kardashian / Jenner family still have mostly real followers, over 50%. :eheeek:

Archived