Something I just realized about LA Reid

Sonyeri

So, I was watching this documentary on Avril Lavigne and how LA Reid was the one who signed her to his record label. And as you all know, she was presented by her label as the "anti Britney" since Britney was ruling the world at that time. He was also the same guy who discovered and signed Pink who was also presented as "not your typical popstar". So, he was behing that whole plan even though the girls never really disliked Britney...I was just thinking that it was funny/awkward that they ended up working together on the X Factor, and they apparently got along pretty well. 

That's it. Discuss :jj:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think, to him it's all business.

He was just adopting marketing strategies that worked best for his artists at that time.

Undoubtedly, his decisions showed us that he also agreed how successful Britney was at that time because you always have to aim high and pick the best in the biz to create buzz for your artists.

But it's fun to see how things turned out and they got to work together.

I also think that once anyone got to know Britney, they'll fall in love with her as a person.

P.S. Is there a new documentary on Avril that I don't know about? I gotta check that out. She needs to put out more singles and MVs, she's been quiet. 

16 minutes ago, Sonyeri said:

So, I was watching this documentary on Avril Lavigne and how LA Reid was the one who signed her to his record label. And as you all know, she was presented by her label as the "anti Britney" since Britney was ruling the world at that time. He was also the same guy who discovered and signed Pink who was also presented as "not your typical popstar". So, he was behing that whole plan even though the girls never really disliked Britney...I was just thinking that it was funny/awkward that they ended up working together on the X Factor, and they apparently got along pretty well. 

That's it. Discuss :jj:

It is all marketing... both Pink and Avril were being fake in their early careers... 

45 minutes ago, GetEverybodyMoving said:

I think, to him it's all business.

He was just adopting marketing strategies that worked best for his artists at that time.

Undoubtedly, his decisions showed us that he also agreed how successful Britney was at that time because you always have to aim high and pick the best in the biz to create buzz for your artists.

But it's fun to see how things turned out and they got to work together.

I also think that once anyone got to know Britney, they'll fall in love with her as a person.

P.S. Is there a new documentary on Avril that I don't know about? I gotta check that out. She needs to put out more singles and MVs, she's been quiet. 

You are mostly right!

I ran into old documentaries after watching this recent interview...in which she mentions Britney right in the first question :tehe:

I think he was smart enough to push these "anti Britney's" instead of trying to find the millionth Britney copycat. 

He realized Britney was the best at being Britney, so instead he went for the opposite route, which kinda worked for him. 

Now, it's also interesting to notice how during the X Factor, when we all knew her contract was coming to an end with B8, he was supposedly interested in signing Britney. I think that would've been the best for her instead of staying with RCA. I think he genuinely wanted to do big things with her. 

5 hours ago, Sonyeri said:

You are mostly right!

I ran into old documentaries after watching this recent interview...in which she mentions Britney right in the first question :tehe:

4 hours ago, Dirk said:

what documentary is that old or new?

It was and old documentary that was suggested from watching this interview

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think he was smart enough to push these "anti Britney's" instead of trying to find the millionth Britney copycat. 

He realized Britney was the best at being Britney, so instead he went for the opposite route, which kinda worked for him. 

Now, it's also interesting to notice how during the X Factor, when we all knew her contract was coming to an end with B8, he was supposedly interested in signing Britney. I think that would've been the best for her instead of staying with RCA. I think he genuinely wanted to do big things with her. 

yup i do remember him saying that

he was also working with rihanna

i was all hyped knewing what they have done with riri thibking we are going to get the new improved britney on top of the world

Don let me get me lyric, released in early 2000´s:

"L.A. told me "you´ll be a pop star, all u have to change is everything you are.."
Tired of being compared with the damn Britney Spears, she is so pretty, that just aint me...."

KIND OF OLD NEWS SIS!!    :tehe:

40 minutes ago, Barajas said:

Don let me get me lyric, released in early 2000´s:

"L.A. told me "you´ll be a pop star, all u have to change is everything you are.."
Tired of being compared with the damn Britney Spears, she is so pretty, that just aint me...."

KIND OF OLD NEWS SIS!!    :tehe:

Could you not have an opinion instead of saying something dismissive and sarcastic. No need to for the sassy behaviour, this a discussion. Not rupaul drag race. Keep it nice and civil

11 minutes ago, samwoods321 said:

Could you not have an opinion instead of saying something dismissive and sarcastic. No need to for the sassy behaviour, this a discussion. Not rupaul drag race. Keep it nice and civil

got the feeling you don´t even know the terms you are referring to..
I expressed nothing but facts, still the opinion of Sonyeri and the topic is appreciated (otherwise i would have not answer) and I was never dismissive to him/her.  Tbh have not much time to give a civil speech now, so if u maybe want to correct somebody why do not start with your self instead...

Peace dude :rude2me:

11 hours ago, jordeezy said:

It is all marketing... both Pink and Avril were being fake in their early careers... 

I wouldn't say they were fake. It was just a phase. I grew up in Canada, and Avril was extremely anti-social and shy. In interviews she would never even look at the interviewer or the camera.  That was simply just her early emo phase. A lot of us, including myself went through those.  Then the entertainment industry changes them and they sell out and do bubble gum pop music. 

And P!nk back then was pretty cool and experimental with r&b sound, then punk, and then sold out and went pop for all the rest of her eras.

I would say they're both fake now, now back then.  But maybe it's not fake, but more so just comfortable doing the boring mainstream music and cruising along making that $$$.

On 8/8/2019 at 1:47 PM, PokemonSpears said:

Thisssss

Archived