Would UO bother with MP and Glory?

I can't see them doing MP because it's basically only 3 new songs and they've just released the first 4 albums. I'd hope her team would do a picture disc like with BOMT. I don't know why but I feel a picture disc of MP would look a lot nicer than a dull silver vinyl. As for Glory, I'd love to have a colour version to go alongside the rest but seeing as it's already on black, would they bother? They'd certainly make money but I think like with BJ (if they do it), 5000 copies would be too much. I know UO could do a better job (gatefold, bonus tracks etc) but fairplay to them for finally giving us ITZ. I've dreamed of this for about 9 years. I just wish $30 shipping wasn't a thing. Saying that, why do so many people want a Rihanna style boxset? It's more fun this way as we get to enjoy each album for a couple of months before the next one comes along. I'm not crazy about BO but after I've listened to ITZ, I'll be looking forward to the announcement of that album. I'm not really as excited about Circus, FF or BJ just because they're not really classic Britney like the first 4 (5?) albums but I am giddy at the thought of hearing the singles on wax. Circus alone would be perfection. I'm babbling but I'm just so happy we finally have ITZ and more importantly, EVERYTIME on vinyl. Why they only used crappy remixes for vinyls back in 04, I'll never know. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly...who tf knows.

The "Britney" album is still for sale which was pressed to 5000 units as I recall.

Somehow the demand has been lowering since the release of BOMT which they had re-press but on clear vinyl due demand. They pressed like 10.000 units and now they seem to 'struggle' to sell all 5.000 copies of "Britney". To be clear: 5.000 units of an album that was NEVER officialy released on album for a global popstar like Britney is supposed to be sold out quite easily. Especially since the fans have been DEMANDING/asking for a releas eon a vinyl for years....

The same with "Oops!...I Did It Again", it took them a while to sell them out.

If the demand for ITZ turns out to be huge there's no doubt they will continue to release her album on vinyl, but from a marketing point of view if it doesn't....it won't make any sense to release ANY of them.

IF they continue it won't make any sense to skip her greatest hits albums (I can see them skipping B In The Mix tho).

A gatefold release with 2 LPs would suit MP and The Singles Collection which they could sell for more than the 25.98 dollar they ask for the LPs.

Glory has a regular black vinyl release but they could easily press it on a coloured vinyl and if they did ALL of her albums, it wouldn't make any sense to not do Glory.

Buttt who knows...it all comes to $$$$$ eventually

• Super Mods
9 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Honestly...who tf knows.

The "Britney" album is still for sale which was pressed to 5000 units as I recall.

Somehow the demand has been lowering since the release of BOMT which they had re-press but on clear vinyl due demand. They pressed like 10.000 units and now they seem to 'struggle' to sell all 5.000 copies of "Britney". To be clear: 5.000 units of an album that was NEVER officialy released on album for a global popstar like Britney is supposed to be sold out quite easily. Especially since the fans have been DEMANDING/asking for a releas eon a vinyl for years....

If the demand for ITZ turns out to be huge there's no doubt they will continue to release her album on vinyl, but from a marketing point of view if it doesn't....it won't make any sense to release ANY of them.

IF they continue it won't make any sense to skip her greatest hits albums (I can see them skipping B In The Mix tho).

A gatefold release with 2 LPs would suit MP and The Singles Collection which they could sell for more than the 25.98 dollar they ask for the LPs.

Glory has a regular black vinyl release but they could easily press it on a coloured vinyl and if they did ALL of her albums, it wouldn't make any sense to not do Glory.

Honestly I don’t care if they sell, just glad they are still doing it. I mean other 90s artists still have their vinyls that hasn’t sold out. I regretted not getting oops so it’s good people aren’t buying it all up right away. I think with BOMT it was the first time her album was in vinyl so it was a big deal and many scalpers bought it up hence why it was in such huge demand as no one thought they would continue making more. 

I think they need to skip singles collection. It’s basically MP with her recent stuff. The cover is also meh compare to the MP which is flawless.

26 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Honestly...who tf knows.

It doesn't bug me that Britney hasn't sold out because they still decided to press ITZ. What does annoy me is that Taylor Swift had her first 5 albums released for Black Friday/RSD on special coloured vinyl but other than Red and 1989, her early works aren't really that huge (or at least they don't seem to be here in the UK) but when it comes to Britney's early work, she's sort of skipped over. I mean in the sense that even her own team only bothered to do a vinyl once they saw how well UO did with theirs. If Britney was more involved in the charts right now, there'd probably be more of her merch available. It would suck if they only released vinyls as 20 year anniversary editions because each one would just feel like a gimmick. The truth is ITZ and BO deserve to be on vinyl but it's only now happening. Meanwhile, Taylor's debut was already on vinyl, then coloured vinyl and now Big Machine are releasing singles from the debut. Why can't they do that for Britney's anniversaries? Single releases wouldn't feel as gimmicky for an anniversary and Team B could easily make a killing like TS and Ariana by producing cheap, crap quality vinyls and charging $10 a pop. People would most likely buy them just to collect.

• Super Mods
5 minutes ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

It doesn't bug me that Britney hasn't sold out because they still decided to press ITZ. What does annoy me is that Taylor Swift had her first 5 albums released for Black Friday/RSD on special coloured vinyl but other than Red and 1989, her early works aren't really that huge (or at least they don't seem to be here in the UK) but when it comes to Britney's early work, she's sort of skipped over. I mean in the sense that even her own team only bothered to do a vinyl once they saw how well UO did with theirs. If Britney was more involved in the charts right now, there'd probably be more of her merch available. It would suck if they only released vinyls as 20 year anniversary editions because each one would just feel like a gimmick. The truth is ITZ and BO deserve to be on vinyl but it's only now happening. Meanwhile, Taylor's debut was already on vinyl, then coloured vinyl and now Big Machine are releasing singles from the debut. Why can't they do that for Britney's anniversaries? Single releases wouldn't feel as gimmicky for an anniversary and Team B could easily make a killing like TS and Ariana by producing cheap, crap quality vinyls and charging $10 a pop. People would most likely buy them just to collect.

I agree, it’s really up to her team but it looks like they can care less about her music since it doesn’t sell. They are always chasing the latest money making trend. I mean weren’t they gonna make her be like the rest of the female celebrities and come out with her lifestyle brand? It’s like slowly they are steering her away from music. 

4 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I really hope that they do all of her albums, including the hits collections. I don’t expect them to press her remix albums but they’re doing a Great job so far. I’m a very happy fan.  

Agreed. I'm not too fussed about the bonus tracks because you just know her team wouldn't bother with them either. At least UO are giving us something. As for the remix albums, I can't see them pressing those or even the hits albums.  I think B in the mix would be cool on vinyl but the fact is it's taken them 16 years to press fan favourite ITZ so that probably won't happen for a good half a century.

2 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I agree, it’s really up to her team but it looks like they can care less about her music since it doesn’t sell. They are always chasing the latest money making trend. I mean weren’t they gonna make her be like the rest of the female celebrities and come out with her lifestyle brand? It’s like slowly they are steering her away from music. 

It just makes no sense especially when BOMT and Oops are 2 of the best selling albums of all time. You'd think for sure they'd be all over that. Saying that, it's the anniversary of Oops next year. Let's see if they do another $400 boxset with a plaque, shirt, bag and vinyl you can buy on Amazon. It's fine to exploit her prime years but they've done nothing for ITZ or even Blackout. Her team just aren't that great.

• Super Mods
16 minutes ago, DontTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

It just makes no sense especially when BOMT and Oops are 2 of the best selling albums of all time. You'd think for sure they'd be all over that. Saying that, it's the anniversary of Oops next year. Let's see if they do another $400 boxset with a plaque, shirt, bag and vinyl you can buy on Amazon. It's fine to exploit her prime years but they've done nothing for ITZ or even Blackout. Her team just aren't that great.

Well Lou wasn’t around during her prime so that explains it :quirkney:

Archived