Britney needs to go down this route if she wants a successful era

TakeYourHand

In my opinion her next musical project must be very personal. She needs to use her own life as inspiration. Mental illness would be a great topic. Kylie Jenner turned her lip controversy into a billion dollar business. Taylor Swift literally named her album reputation and turned her drama into success. Kesha released Praying after fighting against Dr. Luke in court and it was very successful after not releasing music in years. Those are just a few examples but it’s smart and it always connects the fans with the artists. If she makes another pop song about ***, she is not going to be seen as an artist. People definitely enjoy music with more substance these days. Not to mention she needs a reinvention and being older I think it’s appropriate that she opens up and matures musically. If she released a well written and personal song about mental illness I know it would sell and cause controversy but the good kind on her terms. This is the route she needs to go if she wants success but that put aside I don’t think songs like IUSA or 3 make sense after what she’s been through. I’m just saying??‍♂️

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, first of all, I don't even think she's interested in a successful era.

Besides, I don't think she's interested in opening up about whatever mental illnesses she has and put it on a song. But who knows.

If any, if she really wanted to do something like that, I think it should be some sort of stand-alone single instead of representing a whole album / shift in her career. Historically ballads / slow songs have never worked for her, except maybe rare exceptions like Everytime, and still isn't like her most successful song ever.

She's in a tricky position, and it's like, at this point she really needs a lucky shot. Britney has never been known for being personal on her songs (except BJ, her most personal album ever) and she's not the greatest vocalist, so even if she can sound amazing with a different register than the usual, I think people, GP, just aren't looking for that on a Britney Spears song.

Up-tempo, happy, danceable songs are her thing, and I don't think there's nothing bad about it. I'm not saying she only has to sing about ***, but just like nothing should prevent her from touching deeper themes like her illnesses or whatever, going that route shouldn't cancel the other kind of songs she's always been known for.

At the end of the day I see it very unlikely that she ever repeats the success she once had, unless she does something huge like the Super Bowl or so (performing the hits that have shaped her career, not unknown, personal songs).

Not only she's been absent in the music scene for 3 years since Glory came out, but what she released before that during this decade wasn't that impactful either except Work *****, moderately, and maybe Scream & Shout before that (which for some reason a lot of people struggle to connect it to Britney).

Nowadays there's a whole generation of young people that haven't witnessed a song of Britney being a hit on the radio or youtube or something. So if she does what she's always done, probably people won't pay her attention because it's not what's currently in. But if she tries to imitate what everybody else is doing, aka all the newer artists, they won't dig it either, because they'll think the newer artists are better at it. So any way I look at it, I just don't see how or what she could do to be successful again.

So I think she should just stick to what she's known for and continue her own path, being totally conscious that she won't be at the top of the charts anymore.

If she wants to go personal, good for it. If she wants to make more club bangers, that should be fine too. If the GP picks up on it, congrats to them, but if they don't, that shouldn't stop Britney from keep on creating the music she wants to do, if she wants to... 

I think for Britney to have a successful era she has to genuinely be into it. When she’s disengaged from it then so are we as fans and mainly so will the public. When she’s bored in interviews and not showing much signs of life behind her eyes - that’s not the greatest image. 

If they allow her to be creative and make the music she wants then that’ll give her a successful era. She’s a great writer and mega creative and people love that. If she’s given time and freedom she’d be into it if only her team saw that.

Personally, I've learned that when it comes to Britney, the less expectations the better. That said, I strongly believe that anything she puts out there (in regards to music) has potential for immense success.

But, if and ONLY IF she's 100% invested from start to finish.

What her team must understand is if Britney's not into it, it SHOWS. In other words, she must be involved with every aspect from writing to recording to marketing. Why? Because she has to sell it. She can't sell *** if she feels awkward about it. She can't belt out a song, if she doesn't like how she sounds. She needs to LOVE it, all of it, if she wants others to love it too. And a lot of this involves promotion, what she's arguably worst at. And I don't mean knocking out 10 interviews in 1 day all yielding the same answers; "it’s really cool", "interesting and fun", very "urban" or the classic "something I've never done before". 

She can do it, she just has to want to.

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I think for Britney to have a successful era she has to genuinely be into it. When she’s disengaged from it then so are we as fans and mainly so will the public. When she’s bored in interviews and not showing much signs of life behind her eyes - that’s not the greatest image. 

If they allow her to be creative and make the music she wants then that’ll give her a successful era. She’s a great writer and mega creative and people love that. If she’s given time and freedom she’d be into it if only her team saw that.

Yeah Rolling stone always rave about her quirkier songs. 

The funny thing is, people seem to embrace her quirky side. Her instagram is soo not typical celebrity and people love that and so I don’t understand why her team doesn’t let her just be weird. I feel it makes her standout more. 

I don’t care about successful eras because let’s face it, she’s not gonna have one every single time but what matters to me is artistic growth. I would like to one day look at her discography and be proud at how eclectic her work is and how much she has grown personally and artistically over the years. I don’t care if she doesn’t make it personal. She’s never been that way but all her work is personal to some extent if you look hard enough as look at how her albums reflect her personal life and what she’s going through at the time and how they influenced her choices on the album. I prefer it that way rather than act like Larry and tell her “you need to do this” 

• Super Mods
6 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

We need Epic Pop Disconey. Something with great lyrics and amazing production. Leave it up to the listener to decide if it’s personal music. 

I agree, she’s never been up front about her personal life. She does choose songs that she relates to and that’s been consistent throughout her career. That’s what I like about her, it’s up to your interpretation (like any art form should be) and how you make it personal to you. 

Tbh I’m dying for her to do something like Olivia’s physical era. I think it’s a better way to address her struggles in an uplifting way than a somber Adele type album. Because I feel like she likes to tackle things with a bit of sass and humor than to dwell on it like a emo child.

24 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I agree, she’s never been up front about her personal life. She does choose songs that she relates to and that’s been consistent throughout her career. That’s what I like about her, it’s up to your interpretation (like any art form should be) and how you make it personal to you. 

Tbh I’m dying for her to do something like Olivia’s physical era. I think it’s a better way to address her struggles in an uplifting way than a somber Adele type album. Because I feel like she likes to tackle things with a bit of sass and humor than to dwell on it like a emo child.

Perfectly said! And ONJ is flawless, Physical is one of the best pop songs out there. 

• Super Mods
23 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Perfectly said! And ONJ is flawless, Physical is one of the best pop songs out there. 

Aw thank you!

Yeah when you think of her, the image pops up of just lightness because she’s associated or mostly known for happy positive songs which is why when you think of her name, you just smile. 

I feel Britney is the same way and is the reason why she resonates so much to so many people across the world is that deep down, Britney is and chooses to be a positive person no matter what even things get rough. That mentality of “I think I can I think I can I think I can” even when things are bad is relatable to many. Whenever people do reaction videos or nostalgia ones, people always have a smile when her name comes up. I think Zoe Saldana said it perfectly that children gravitate towards good energy and that Britney exudes a lot of that. No wonder she is universally loved.

LOL at all yall asking for the things that the conservatorship has served you since 2008. 

Who knows what will happen, its gonna be a hot minute. Right now she is in career limbo, but it looks like she is enjoying herself!....we aren't getting any new music anytime soon.....I kinda wonder if the first thing we get will be a feature just for her to test the waters of her new freedom with. Someone she likes and wants to work with. 

Archived