XRAY is back!

Niki

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

That was like the only source I was sure was gonna work whenever I wanted to post a picture (there is an infinite number of sites which pictures won't embed in here for some reason) .

I also understand Jordan's points, I think this is just a very unfortunate situation.

There's still the gallery from Absolute Britney, Onyx Zone or something, but it's not the same

with so many pics from XRAY. They just cutted off our XRAY tags.:demi:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
On 7/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, Damon said:

An Exhale that is more clunky, more dysfunctional and less popular than ever, no content that is actually worthy of a subscription fee, and now losing one of the only good features left... wth Jordan? :ririshade2:

Stealing notes from Team Britney I see. :janet:

So you have

9 minutes ago, Niki said:

Of course I kinda blame you cause u were the 'real' admin (Daddy for XRAY) of the gallery. I wasn't into all the update things ---  what is an old gallery software what is new and and and...

You told me to resize pics...this way we would have lost the quality of pics and people had resized pics. me either...

I don't blame you as a person. I know you have other things in your mind than the gallery. XRAY was just adopted and you wanted it to be gone cause of the copyright issue. Ok. But no one recognized the datebase stopped doing a backup after 2016.

I

But all what was saved was until June 27, 2016...and if you remember I registered in June 15, 2016 and we rebuilt XRAY again.

So only 11 days where back up'ed..

guess someone should have seen this.

I'm just a passionated gallery girl who always just wanted to have a place to share all Britney pics which ever exist.

I'm not into any admin things...If so I could own XRAY on my own. I just hoped XRAY is up to date and we can easily move...

I don't need any pics I saved all 500.000 pics on my computer... but views, albums, directions....alllll is lost.

I'm frustrated yes. And don't get me wrong I'm thankful you try to get a back up...but sadly, I don't think this is gonna work. There was a problem with the database and I don't think it can be repaired without the original site/server/etc...

A backup from pics we don't need.

So thx again Jordan for giving us a place to be atleast for 3 years.

And I know you know me...XRAY was pretty important for me. who to blame else? You were Papi for XRAY...

But whatever...XRAY is gone...

So you still have all the pics but they are all disorganized? At least that's good.

8 hours ago, mysterybitch said:

is there any way we can help? i downloaded some photos from xray but not a lot

15 hours ago, Brunetteknee said:

Wait so...all the pictures are gone for good? There wasn’t a back up or anything? This can’t be true...:sobbing:

17 hours ago, Isla said:

I think we all should try and help somehow!

20 hours ago, Miss_R said:

Can we/I help you somehow with the pictures? :) 

You guys are the sweetest! Luckily I saved all 500.000 pics BUT all the pics are saved like in a FTP.

Means it's soooo unsorted!

I have to recreate all albums, categories...and and and...

I have another idea but don't want to talk about it yet.

I'll let you know soon.

7 hours ago, C0CKy said:

Worst. :crying1:

Year. :crying1:

Ever. :crying1:

Indeed. :(

21 hours ago, Hollow. said:

Are you f**king kidding me.

This angers me so much. There has to be a backup somewhere. If not get in touch with the hoster and a data recovery service. Data is never just gone. I'm sure me and others are willing to chip in to cover the costs if 'someone' else doesn't take the responsibility like he should.

I'm not here to bash anybody. Hell, I've always been defending anybody putting in work for this site since I became a member in 2005 and have even chipped in a 100 when we had to merge to a new forum script because it was laggy af and because the u2u function was unsecure. 

I just can not accept that this is the case and we're just accepting it like that.

Incoherent rant over.

Hey hun! Thx for your nice words.

Unfortunatly our new admin also didn't recognize the error. And I guess since XRAY is deleted from the server and site.

We won't get an updated database version of XRAY.

We have to wait if Jordan can do anything...

2 hours ago, Niki said:

You guys are the sweetest! Luckily I saved all 500.000 pics BUT all the pics are saved like in a FTP.

Means it's soooo unsorted!

I have to recreate all albums, categories...and and and...

I have another idea but don't want to talk about it yet.

I'll let you know soon.

Indeed. :(

I don't know what's your idea, but it reminded me of another idea I've always had and have never been able to do.

I know there's a "Britney wiki" out there, but I've never really checked on it a lot. But I've always dreamed of doing a full Britney-pedia for the fans/stans, especially every time I see newer fans coming up with topics about things we've known for years and they've just discovered.

My idea is to cover everything Britney related for the posterity, with a chronological approach as the foundation of it. What I mean is, we would have an article for every day of the year to start off. So let's say, there'd be an August 5th article that would talk about whatever happened on August 5th in every single year of her career. That would lead to the secondary articles, if she performed at some place, a link to the article that talks about that performance, if she had a red carpet appearance, a link to that event, if we had some candids, an article for those candids in particular, if she released an album or single, a link to that, etc. We would have articles for every album, song, video, performance, interview, cameo, photoshoot, candids, social media posts, even things like epic meltdowns within the fanbase, etc.

So as you can imagine, I always thought the key to start with that project was XRAY, and the main source had to be the forums, like Exhale. But with old threads getting archived every so often, it's a dream that seem more and more impossible each day. It would be a lot of work to create the article for each thing, and as Jordan says, a copyright nightmare with all the images, but it would have to be a cooperative work just like any other wikia out there.

And of course my free time to do this is basically non-existent so, that's why I've never done anything lol  but I wish someone started doing it.

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know what's your idea, but it reminded me of another idea I've always had and have never been able to do.

I know there's a "Britney wiki" out there, but I've never really checked on it a lot. But I've always dreamed of doing a full Britney-pedia for the fans/stans, especially every time I see newer fans coming up with topics about things we've known for years and they've just discovered.

My idea is to cover everything Britney related for the posterity, with a chronological approach as the foundation of it. What I mean is, we would have an article for every day of the year to start off. So let's say, there'd be an August 5th article that would talk about whatever happened on August 5th in every single year of her career. That would lead to the secondary articles, if she performed at some place, a link to the article that talks about that performance, if she had a red carpet appearance, a link to that event, if we had some candids, an article for those candids in particular, if she released an album or single, a link to that, etc. We would have articles for every album, song, video, performance, interview, cameo, photoshoot, candids, social media posts, even things like epic meltdowns within the fanbase, etc.

So as you can imagine, I always thought the key to start with that project was XRAY, and the main source had to be the forums, like Exhale. But with old threads getting archived every so often, it's a dream that seem more and more impossible each day. It would be a lot of work to create the article for each thing, and as Jordan says, a copyright nightmare with all the images, but it would have to be a cooperative work just like any other wikia out there.

And of course my free time to do this is basically non-existent so, that's why I've never done anything lol  but I wish someone started doing it.

This is such a good idea and if it’s executed well, it can be a very useful resource. If you get serious about it, I’d totally help out and I’m sure other users would be willing to contribute as well. I’ve seen a few singers/groups with really good wikis. Here’s one that is devoted to AKB48 (a Japanese girl group). I think that if they can make a wiki this organized and detailed even though the group and all it’s sister groups have well over 800+ members, then we can make a great wiki for Britney who is just one person. :mhm:

24 minutes ago, Brunetteknee said:

This is such a good idea and if it’s executed well, it can be a very useful resource. If you get serious about it, I’d totally help out and I’m sure other users would be willing to contribute as well. I’ve seen a few singers/groups with really good wikis. Here’s one that is devoted to AKB48 (a Japanese girl group). I think that if they can make a wiki this organized and detailed even though the group and all it’s sister groups have well over 800+ members, then we can make a great wiki for Britney who is just one person. :mhm:

I'll check it out.

The thing with Britney is that there is just SO much to cover. 20+ years of career, and all the side things regarding her personal life, perfumes, etc. One of the main things I wish to cover is the live performances / appearances, if it's possible linking to the best YT clip that exists (when it applies).

One of my wishes is to at least start up with the skeleton of like, what the base structure of the wiki should be, like the main tree of articles / categories, and then start creating each individual article, even if just empty, for people to fill them up. But it's gonna be a huge work, to supervise not only the grammar and format and stuff like that, but also the reliability of what gets posted. So people that joins should be really serious and committed and we would need really good admins lol. 

On 8/4/2019 at 12:26 PM, kleinbritney said:

How stupid do you have to be if you let the last big picture gallery in the world die?

It can’t last forever. I remember when I thought Marykate and Ashley Olsen’s biggest photo website would last forever back in their prime days and it just happens. People get older and less relevant and the demand/up keep isn’t worth the work, time, or money. I can understand why Jordan didn’t want it. His site is more of a forum then anything else.

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

That's actually a really good idea! It's just a shame right now it seems hard to make a reality due to the lack of Xray.

42 minutes ago, Derrick said:

It can’t last forever. I remember when I thought Marykate and Ashley Olsen’s biggest photo website would last forever back in their prime days and it just happens. People get older and less relevant and the demand/up keep isn’t worth the work, time, or money. I can understand why Jordan didn’t want it. His site is more of a forum then anything else.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Jordan 'didn't want it', it's just he said the new servers they're upgrading to couldn't take the gallery.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:20 AM, Hollow. said:

Are you f**king kidding me.

This angers me so much. There has to be a backup somewhere. If not get in touch with the hoster and a data recovery service. Data is never just gone. I'm sure me and others are willing to chip in to cover the costs if 'someone' else doesn't take the responsibility like he should.

I'm not here to bash anybody. Hell, I've always been defending anybody putting in work for this site since I became a member in 2005 and have even chipped in a 100 when we had to merge to a new forum script because it was laggy af and because the u2u function was unsecure. 

I just can not accept that this is the case and we're just accepting it like that.

Incoherent rant over.

First I see Rawr! now you! All the iconic members showing up lately, didn’t you get on stage for Lace & Leather back in the day?

1 hour ago, Niki said:

Since no one could help bring back old XRAY...I decided to you use the britspears.net Gallery.

https://xray.britspears.net/

You will see the next days/weeks a looot of changes.

All 500.000 pics will be back soon.

Thanks again for all the people who still care about XRAY.

I hope you will like this version of XRAY as well. Just give us a bit time.

Good news! :clap1: 

Archived