XRAY is back!

Niki

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE:

The worst case happened. We almost lost all pics.

We are 90% sure that this error was caused by the "outdated" database Xray used. on Breatheheavy.com Somehow Jordan did not noticed it and nothing was saved after 2016. Guess cause he never cared about XRAY. 

It will take a lot of time to bring back 500000 pics again.

This is the 4th time I have to bring back all the pics. I'm so sick of it.

Right now I'm not sure if I want to do agin...

I'm devastated.

But thanks again for all the nice words!

1 hour ago, Niki said:

UPDATE:

We are 90% sure that this error was caused by the "outdated" database Xray used. on Breatheheavy.com Somehow Jordan did not noticed it and nothing was saved after 2016. Guess cause he never cared about XRAY. 

I'm devastated.

This is so so sad, I am so sorry that all of your hard work has essentially gone to waste :sobbing:

XRAY deserves so much better... to be part of a home that recognises what an amazing feature it is, and every bit of hard work and dedication that goes into it. I am so sorry this has happened.

Are you f**king kidding me.

This angers me so much. There has to be a backup somewhere. If not get in touch with the hoster and a data recovery service. Data is never just gone. I'm sure me and others are willing to chip in to cover the costs if 'someone' else doesn't take the responsibility like he should.

I'm not here to bash anybody. Hell, I've always been defending anybody putting in work for this site since I became a member in 2005 and have even chipped in a 100 when we had to merge to a new forum script because it was laggy af and because the u2u function was unsecure. 

I just can not accept that this is the case and we're just accepting it like that.

Incoherent rant over.

On 7/20/2019 at 8:40 PM, Niki said:

UPDATE:

I'm devastated.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,
unfortunatly we have to leave BreatheHeavy.com.
Jordan is going to be switching servers soon, and he cannot take XRAY.

So we found a new cute place for us.
You can still visit us here:

https://xray.britspears.net/

(Not yet but soon)

BTW It's not the first time my team and I  have to go on...

Back then I started with UntouchableBritney.net and Killthelights gallery.

Jordan gave us a new home when we lost UTB/KTL :(

Now we have to go again.

Hope you guys still visit us!

Pray the moving will work out fine!

That is awful but great that you fond a new place to host it, xray gallery is the best britney gallery!

That's awful. :( I really enjoyed going to the site because you all had so many amazing pictures on there. Here I'm picturing the annoyance I feel if my computer messes up and I lose what's on there or if I'm typing out something and get an error when I'm submitting. None of that compares to all the work you just lost. And I definitely understand the frustration of wondering if it's worth uploading every single thing again. :(

• Leader

I respect that you want to keep people in the loop, but I feel like you’re kinda painting me in not such a great light. I know you are very passionate so I am going to assume your frustration is more about the situation rather than at me personally.

In my opinion I gave you plenty of notice  that we were switching servers and could not take XRAY. That is in part because of how gargantuan it is - I asked in the past if you could please compress the images to a smaller file and pixel size, but that was virtually ignored (some individual images are 5 MB - the gallery is several Gigs worth of data - a thousand times more resource heavy than the news or Exhale). For years I looked the other way and I shouldn’t have. I also had zero ads on Xray even though it cost a good chunk of change to host it because I respect how hard you worked on it and also I have a soft spot for Britney. 

Another reason we had to say farewell to Xray is because it is a huge copyright nightmare. I have had Britney’s people reach out to me on several occasions because she herself saw some outtakes that leaked that we uploaded and she hated them. Photographers have also sent cease and desists which is obviously problematic. 

Also the database was up to date, however it’s worth mentioning that Coppermine is essentially a dinosaur and from a security standpoint (in my opinion) has caused us trouble in the past. No one really uses it anymore.

I also emailed you privately to tell you we might have a backup and that I am looking into it. 

If I didn’t care I would have deleted it when we transferred servers and that be that, but I want it to live on and pass the torch. 

If anyone has questions please reach out.

2 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

You know what I just realized? Countless of threads here that relied on pictures are ruined. Full of broken links now.

That was like the only source I was sure was gonna work whenever I wanted to post a picture (there is an infinite number of sites which pictures won't embed in here for some reason) .

I also understand Jordan's points, I think this is just a very unfortunate situation.

There's still the gallery from Absolute Britney, Onyx Zone or something, but it's not the same

12 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

I respect that you want to keep people in the loop, but I feel like you’re kinda painting me in not such a great light. I know you are very passionate so I am going to assume your frustration is more about the situation rather than at me personally.

In my opinion I gave you plenty of notice  that we were switching servers and could not take XRAY. That is in part because of how gargantuan it is - I asked in the past if you could please compress the images to a smaller file and pixel size, but that was virtually ignored (some individual images are 5 MB - the gallery is several Gigs worth of data - a thousand times more resource heavy than the news or Exhale). For years I looked the other way and I shouldn’t have. I also had zero ads on Xray even though it cost a good chunk of change to host it because I respect how hard you worked on it and also I have a soft spot for Britney. 

Another reason we had to say farewell to Xray is because it is a huge copyright nightmare. I have had Britney’s people reach out to me on several occasions because she herself saw some outtakes that leaked that we uploaded and she hated them. Photographers have also sent cease and desists which is obviously problematic. 

Also the database was up to date, however it’s worth mentioning that Coppermine is essentially a dinosaur and from a security standpoint (in my opinion) has caused us trouble in the past. No one really uses it anymore.

I also emailed you privately to tell you we might have a backup and that I am looking into it. 

If I didn’t care I would have deleted it when we transferred servers and that be that, but I want it to live on and pass the torch. 

If anyone has questions please reach out.

Of course I kinda blame you cause u were the 'real' admin (Daddy for XRAY) of the gallery. I wasn't into all the update things ---  what is an old gallery software what is new and and and...

You told me to resize pics...this way we would have lost the quality of pics and people had resized pics. me either...

I don't blame you as a person. I know you have other things in your mind than the gallery. XRAY was just adopted and you wanted it to be gone cause of the copyright issue. Ok. But no one recognized the datebase stopped doing a backup after 2016.

But all what was saved was until June 27, 2016...and if you remember I registered in June 15, 2016 and we rebuilt XRAY again.

So only 11 days where back up'ed..

I guess someone should have seen this.

I'm just a passionated gallery girl who always just wanted to have a place to share all Britney pics which ever exist.

I'm not into any admin things...If so I could own XRAY on my own. I just hoped XRAY is up to date and we can easily move...

I don't need any pics I saved all 500.000 pics on my computer... but views, albums, directions....alllll is lost.

I'm frustrated yes. And don't get me wrong I'm thankful you try to get a back up...but sadly, I don't think this is gonna work. There was a problem with the database and I don't think it can be repaired without the original site/server/etc...

A backup from pics we don't need.

So thx again Jordan for giving us a place to be atleast for 3 years.

And I know you know me...XRAY was pretty important for me. who to blame else? You were Papi for XRAY...

But whatever...XRAY is gone...

Archived