The Inevitable Comeback...

Do you think that Britney’s team is pushing for a new comeback era sometime soon? Looks like late this year or probably in 2020. The new Prerogative perfume is definitely a hint at something brewing. And she always has a new fragrance before a new album cycle. Sooo...   :janet:

I hope that if a new album/Residency/tour/whatever is happening that it’s what Britney wants to do.  :tbh:

What are you guys expecting will happen? We all know that the Broadway show is still on and that’s cool (I’d love to go see it), but something else has got to be rolling out as well. I’m so Curious & Conflicted.  :wontcry:

It’s gonna be interesting to see what her next professional move will be. I’m just happy that she seems very happy, healthy and doing great. 

Okay, discuss.  :clap:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She doesn't always have a new perfume before a new album. Prerogative is a prime example of that. 

I personally think, that it is very likely they left the conservatorship in place until they could make getting rid of it a huge production, there of course will be a comeback, she is the comeback queen. 

All will depend on what happens with the conservatorship. September is just the hearing, it could be a VERY long time till she is out and we get anything new.

If/when she does get FREE, it will be a huge production for sure. Hopefully, they have her do lots of interviews talking about her freedom, and the family battle, maybe a book, and a tour/album themed to "Freedom"...like "Britney: The Freedom Tour"

Lets not joke though, conservatorship aside, the Britney brand needs a little bit of a reboot...the end of the conservatorship can offer just that.....only time will tell! 

Respectfully,  this is a women who could live on Cheetos, Gum, and Starbucks...

why would she be THIS fitness-oriented on an alleged hiatus. This is meant to take public pressure off of her brand so that she can re-invent her image, professionally.

Aaliyah and Michael Jackson are two pop artists no longer with us. They are deceased which is why they aren't creating new material, etc. She is ALIVE, and capable and should consider utilizing these days, weeks and months afforded to her.

Between Beyonce landing a role in the Lion King remake while sill recording a separate album associated with the SAME project, and NKOTB still performing, touring, re-inventing etc. Even Cher and Streisand are more pro-active.

:wyd:

• Content Curators
12 minutes ago, CristMont said:

I AM READY FOR VEGAS 2020

giphy.gif she won't do anything until late 2020 or early 2021

Sis- 2021?

back in 2008 they literally dragged her *** from the HOSPITAL and plopped her in a recording studio in what how many months ? Like 4-5?

they are pyscho about making money and will do the same again 

I'd be happy with at least a Tom's Diner music video :demi:

But tbh, I don't know what to think. I stopped expecting anything a long time ago. It's gonna be 3 years since her last album/single, the longest gap ever.

This was the perfect year to release something. And we still have half a year to go. She's released stuff in December several times in the past, both albums and singles, so who knows. 

Of course it depends on the status of her conservatorship. If it stays in place, I don't know if they can force her to record and release something (TMZ would say "HeR fAtHeR cAn'T dO tHaT") and if she's freed maybe that could motivate her to release something on her own terms. It could go both ways: either wanting to release something as soon as possible, or not wanting to release anything for a while. 

I mean, she could retire and she definitely "has" the money to do so without worrying about it for years to come, but, again, it all depends of what happens with her conservatorship and the custody of her kids. We don't know if her being active / having a "job" is required for her to prove she's stable and responsible so she can have her kids, or even her own freedom. Just having lots of money hasn't been enough for her to get full visitation rights, so maybe she needs to be constantly working (though it could be any other job besides performing).

I'm sorry if my message seems disrespectful, but this is someone praised for their work-ethic, and to be fair, it's been 3 years, and Piece of Me couldn't have been so demanding given that she basically shows up, puts her hair in a bun, messes with it through the course of the show while poorly mouthing her lyrics. :outwithit:

5 minutes ago, 517113 said:

I'm sorry if my message seems disrespectful, but this is someone praised for their work-ethic, and to be fair, it's been 3 years, and Piece of Me couldn't have been so demanding given that she basically shows up, puts her hair in a bun, messes with it through the course of the show while poorly mouthing her lyrics. :outwithit:

Sis she hasn’t been known for her work ethic for 10 years. :outwithit:

There's nothing going on in the upcoming months imo, the only things in motion are:

•  "Once upon a one more time" musical since it's a contract already signed
  • Fragrances, since Revlon deals with that

The rest of the Britney brand is on hold as far as I know until the c-ship investigation is fully completed so I don't see a comeback any time this year nor early next year tbh :notatall:

And once the c-ship investigation is fully completed and a decision is made, we don't even know what to expect...

• if she's still under the c-ship I really don't see her working with the same team tbh...it will def look uncomfortable and weird after all it's been said and done :NYsassy:
  • if she's out of the c-ship , do you really picture her creating a new team of people? :whatitellu:

I'll take it a step further, if she is so willing to show us, the fans, that she exercises, can't she record herself musically involved? Heck, I said it the other day, if you're going to 'respond' to the media, can you at least do it in the form of a song? She's not a model, or a politician; she is a musician, a vocalist, an entertaining presence. She makes albums, not fitness videos. We let the perfume and the other extras slide because we had our music provided to us. To be clear, there's nothing wrong with a side hustle, but when the side hustle takes over as the primary, it can cause issues. I'm sure there are some Jessica Simpson fans out there wishing she'd take a break from the shoes, the bags, and the pregnancies and throw out a single with a video and a performance to match (or is that just me?). Ultimately, there is a drought in Britney, the creator of music, and an influx of Britney, the public image. How can someone so wealthy still be so fixated on financial gain? How much money does she think she needs that she has to go beyond the musical route to obtain it? :ponderney:

*DISCLAIMER* huge Britney fan....

since '98...

however, at some point, I start to wonder if the person I am a 'fan' of is still among the living, today? What am I fan of, necessarily...perfumes, fitness clips, conservator-ships, pushing a professional image you've essentially aged out of? I'm not a hater, I'm a realist. You've got new artists and classic individuals who are still progressing within this industry and still manage a personal life, etc. Christina flops left, right, and sideways, but the girl keeps it moving...

she turns lemons into lemonade the best she can. She's not as 'popular' as these other ladies, but she doesn't sit around and pout, she's consistent as a musical figure. She involves herself in projects that promote music, etc. The sad thing is, at least if this had happended 15-20 years ago, at least Britney would be more pleasing to the eye. I don't intend to objectify her, because frankly I do not have to. She has accomplished this through her decisions to take the focus off of her music, and talents and instead promote an image that she, herself no longer resembles.

:crying2:

Ultimately, Britney is, today, the equivalent of a more favorable, likable, redeemable incarnation of Lindsay Lohan (and to be clear, Lindsay Lohan was 'that girl' back when, so I am a fan, rest assured). These are two individuals that are both 'passed their prime', commercially, and the world has unfortunately moved on to individuals who have the drive and the will to deliver. People say that Britney 'lives in a bubble'; yet those who seem truly 'out of touch' are those responsible for having Britney in the 'right place at the correct time'. They have a history of being 'a day late and a dollar short'. '08 was not a 'comeback', it was a 'fallback' in contrast to what had previously taken place. I hope she's content personally, because professionally she's practically a ghost.  

:sofedup:

nope, not supporting the 'Britney' brand any longer. Britney needs to want this and not deliver a repeat of what we've had the last few years. Also if i'm being honest she doesn't seem in the right headspace for anything career wise right now....

I don't understand how Team Britney has been so successful at lowering their own standards to the point of such raw desperation that we are willing to accept virtually anything we're given. This isn't humility, it's humiliation. I'm not expecting her to save the world; heck, I doubt she can save her career. It's to the point where it's an accomplishment if she's photographed breathing. There are individuals exhausting themselves on stage for the sake of the art that they love and essentially live for; while Britney Spears has become the 'handicapped parking' of the music industry, today. She's the lesson that managers tell their artists in hopes they won't follow the same path. How long are they going to rest on 15-20 year old accomplishments? Nobody likes to see their loved ones suffer, but truth is we, the fans, are not aware of her beyond the professional realm any more than she seems to be aware of us.

:notfeelinit:      

17 minutes ago, F r e e Brit said:

No freedom no comeback, as far as I'm concerned. 

If you are placed in a conservator-ship, shouldn't it be as beneficial to you as possible, socially and professionally? It no longer matters whose at fault, it matters most how we can resolve it. Do they even want to at this point?

There has to be so much more going on behind the scenes that she, herself, probably isn't aware of. I mean, with how quickly the music industry progresses these days, with material, accompanying videos, performances, tours, etc. for Britney to still be without an album and so fourth...I mean, I love Britney Spears, but I think her team is misinformed on just how successful Britney is actually viewed in this day and age. She practically the music industry's act of courtesy. It doesn't make me happy knowing this, but it's reality. While I am sure the industry is indeed dark, wicked, and so fourth, [Miley Cyrus/Ashley O] but why then promote perfumes and what not? It is not as if you are successfully avoiding anything by excluding the creation of music from your life.

Kesha is a perfect example, and she used to her pain and circumstance to benefit her, professionally. When the Lupus-inflicted Selena Gomez, a newly married Justin Bieber,  the Backstreet Boys, New Kids On The Block. Lil' Kim, Madonna, etc.; how can you be less active than these folks and still feel satisfied with yourself, professionally? People have carved out careers while Britney spends time doing sit-ups and having her face reconstructed. The irony is that I'm sure Britney, personally, would receive more enjoyment as a musician than as an entrepreneur. 

:unreal:

Archived