2007 VMAs - one of her best looks ever

colormelou

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Can you imagine how much she'd actually slay if she had all the breakthroughs in the beauty community available back then? Like, people are able to create and customize wigs that look indiscernible from real hair now. My biggest problem with her look wasn't her body or the performance itself, it was mostly the awful cheap looking ratchet hair extensions. Besides that, her makeup was on point, her *** was on fleek, the attitude was still there (in comparison to FFney) and it wasn't a bad performance by any means.

I also remember most of the criticism being directed at her body and curves. Most people commented on how she looked fat and what-not. It just goes to show how ridiculous beauty standards were back then. She looked perfectly fine and I wouldn't even consider her 2007 body plus sized. Obviously the body of a woman changes after pregnancy, so expecting her to have her young adult 2001-2003 body is just ridiculous.

It’s funny she got called fat, yet people applaud women like Lena Dunham and Adele for their “curves”. :decisions: All this female empowerment stuff is so hypocritical. Her body isn’t even close to “plus sized” there. 

Her face wasn’t just classic Britney, she looked amazing. The makeup and everything was just as good if not better than her other VMA performances. It’s crazy she was that gorgeous and people had the nerve to call her out on her looks. 

Agree that even the performance itself wasn’t that bad. Her dancing around the end of the performance during Danja’s part was a mess, but the rest wasn’t that bad at all. 

Yes, she gained a little weight and that is perfectly fine. However, her breasts looked kind of smushed together in that top. Her belly hung out a little, being exposed like that, and gave the media some seriously unflattering pictures. Her hair extensions weren't blended in at all, and the hairstyle itself was basic and boring. The blue contacts made her look not like herself. She was missing one of her fake nails. She had a brown smudge on her top lip. Not to mention she had a look on her face sometimes like she was completely lost and didn't know where she was.

And to the people saying the performance wasn't that bad... Really? She looked messy. She literally stumbled around the stage from the very beginning. The choreography was watered down and not executed well. She fell backwards into the hands of her dancers who were supposed to lift her up into the air, but they didn't - they just awkwardly set her down on the ground again. She moved through the last section of choreography like a confused zombie.

Image result for britney spears vmas 2007Image result for britney spears vmas 2007 gif

Obviously Britney has come a long way since then, but let's call a spade a spade, shall we?

6 minutes ago, KrustyKrab said:

Yes, she gained a little weight and that is perfectly fine. However, her breasts looked kind of smushed together in that top. Her belly hung out a little, being exposed like that, and gave the media some seriously unflattering pictures. Her hair extensions weren't blended in at all, and the hairstyle itself was basic and boring. The blue contacts made her look not like herself. She was missing one of her fake nails. She had a brown smudge on her top lip. Not to mention she had a look on her face sometimes like she was completely lost and didn't know where she was.

And to the people saying the performance wasn't that bad... Really? She looked messy. She literally stumbled around the stage from the very beginning. The choreography was watered down and not executed well. She fell backwards into the hands of her dancers who were supposed to lift her up into the air, but they didn't - they just awkwardly set her down on the ground again. She moved through the last section of choreography like a confused zombie.

Image result for britney spears vmas 2007Image result for britney spears vmas 2007 gif

Obviously Britney has come a long way since then, but let's call a spade a spade, shall we?

That last bit of choreography is definitely unfortunate, but it’s not like the whole performance is like that. 

Regardless of the overall quality of the performance which obviously isn’t one of her best, she looked good. Her face looks beautiful and fresh. As for her body - of course the media focused on the worse shots, but when you watch the actual video her body doesn’t look bad at all. 

56 minutes ago, KrustyKrab said:

That's what I always thought too but then the rehearsal footage surfaced and it revealed that it was exactly the same as the actual performance so idk what to think of that moment anymore...

4 minutes ago, marioh said:

That's what I always thought too but then the rehearsal footage surfaced and it revealed that it was exactly the same as the actual performance so idk what to think of that moment anymore...

Yeah I remember that also. The original choreography would've had her lifted into the air. I guess they decided to cut it because it was too hard for her or something? But it just looks awkward and doesn't make sense that they still had her fall back only to prop her up again exactly where she was standing before. They should've just cut the whole thing altogether.

I just think the choreography wasn't suited for her.  It looked bad that night but looking back I would give anything to have this Britney back and now I really enjoy watching it. For people to call her fat was ridiculous she looked amazing!:tbh:

9 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

This thread is drowning in delusion lmao :cackling:
This was literally the birth of lingerieney, marking the beginning of her now trademark cheap costumes from Circus to POM Tour and heavily criticized by fans (although avoided during FF era - perhaps because she gained more weight?)

She looked good in 2007. It wasn't the best thing ever and indeed was the beginning of a boring fashion trend every performer does nowadays, but it's way too much for me to call it tragic because it was far from it.

3 minutes ago, Applejack said:

She looked good in 2007. It wasn't the best thing ever and indeed was the beginning of a boring fashion trend every performer does nowadays, but it's way too much for me to call it tragic because it was far from it.

I'm talking about the outfit only, specifically. It screams cheap. Which is sad, because in 2004 she went for lingerie, but it had class to it. The subtle difference between a sensual performer and a 10 bucks / hour hooker lookalike :cackling:6R7Q.gif

Archived