Why did Madonna use Britney?

SkinnyAsANeedle

On 7/2/2020 at 6:26 PM, Jordan Miller said:

Please do not speak to Exhalers this way. @Leolileinstein

I wanna talk to em like that bc of the pathetic SILLINESS they say like "Brit and Madge are nothing alike" "M sucked the life force out of her" "she French kissed her look at her" "ooh she used her" 

BLEAH DISGUSTING 

And look at the pathetic silliness here:

@conceptuel said

Madonna didn't influence that much Britney imo: musically they're extremely different and I don't remember any kind of similarity, unlike Lady Gaga. In terms of performing, style & MV I don't remember a significant resemblance. Oh, on ITZ when the songs were about s3x. 
The controversy is probably Madonna's main influence on Britney. Still, she had a very, veryyy different kind of one

Like WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY?!? BRITNEY SAID SHE IS DEF INSPIRED BY MADGE AS A FACT

@Armchairrevolution said LOTS OF PATHETIC STUPID IDIOTIC SILLINESS!!!

He said STUPID THINGS like "M is at best a secondary influence on Britney" when as a FACT Madge is along with Janet Britney's main inspo and that's a fact. And said that M was influenced by Brit, WHEN IT'S ACUTALLY THE OTHER WAY AROUND. 

And this:

Madonna never did "Urban" r&b dance till after blackout came out. If anything Madonna was influenced by Britney. No shade on madge 

Like NOW THESE ARE SILLINESS. Madge did r&b and urban with Bedtime Stories. LIKE REALLY???? NO, BUT REALLY I CAN'T AT THIS. 

And TELL ME where did Britney, Xtina, Rihanna, Pink, Gwen and indeed Lady Gaga and most recently Dua Lipa get that from aside of Janet? I mean, it's soooo clear that it's Madge. 

SMH 

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Leolileinstein

as we see on the making the videoN everybody was hating as you said. 

Britney herself, from her words said she played Madonna the track. 

Madonna asked if this was the first single, Britney replied hopefully, and then asked Madonna if she wantrs to be on the track?

and as we see Britney is helluva fangirling on Madonnna and can't believe Madonna is on her record, which at that time Madonna never did diets til this track. 

I actually think Madge likes and cares for Brit (which is nearly impossible when you’re a narcissist) but let’s be real. Brits not the only one Madonnas ever used for gain. Not to mention Britney was doing the same thing. Madonna was a vet at that point but not nearly as old as she feels now. This was almost twenty years ago lol. At least she spoke kindly and honestly in FTR. I’m sure she does feel maternal in a famous sense. That’s more of a compliment coming from a women with that kind of ego. She’d never let another women take the spotlight like that if she didn’t care at all. I feel worse for Xtina because I doubt Madonna cares about her and only got invited for a kiss because she was Britney’s arch nemesis. I can just hear Madonna in my head thinking I want Britney and her nemesis can join for more publicity. 
It’s almost as if Xtina never kissed her. No one cared or talked about that as if it was ok yet only wrong when Britney did it lol. So stupid. 

On 4/13/2021 at 8:14 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

@Leolileinstein

as we see on the making the videoN everybody was hating as you said. 

Britney herself, from her words said she played Madonna the track. 

Madonna asked if this was the first single, Britney replied hopefully, and then asked Madonna if she wantrs to be on the track?

and as we see Britney is helluva fangirling on Madonnna and can't believe Madonna is on her record, which at that time Madonna never did diets til this track. 

I'm already past this and don't care about it anymore ☺️☺️

Actually Britney used Madonna...

I don't think Madonna used Britney. Madonna is definitely a smart business woman and collaborates with "hot" artists at the time for relevancy but doesn't everyone do that?? It would be stupid not to. If she only collaborated with other older artists then nobody would care. And she does some damn good collabs so it's mutually beneficial.

As far as I know, Britney was really the first time she did this. Britney was overly vocal about her love for Madonna since day 1. She covered her songs on the BOMT Tour and they were seen wearing each other's t-shirts. It was really cute. I thought it was sweet that Madonna acknowledged Britney's admiration for her.

Madonna had the idea to "pass the torch" to other pop girls for the VMAs 03 and it helped Britney's career just as much if not more than Madonna's. Then Britney is the one that asked her to be on MATM and it wasn't exactly a huge hit so I don't like when people say that Madonna "used" Britney. If anything it could be said it was the opposite - Britney's label didn't want MATM as the first single from ITZ so Britney got Madonna to put vocals on to make her label release it and it worked. So actually Britney used Madonna. But I really do think they both just appreciated each other. They're barely relevant.

If any of us became a famous singer we would die for a collab with Britney, our fave and inspiration, and it would be unfair to say that Britney "used" us to get fame if she agreed. If anything, Britney could take a page from Madonna's book. If she collaborated with more relevant/successful artists she would prob benefit from it. Her collab with Rihanna went #1 but her collabs with G-Easy and Tinashe (who don't have huge followings) were flops. But imagine Make Me... ft. Drake or Slumber Party with JLo or any other truly successful artists that get attention. Those songs prob would have been hits bc they're amazing songs but nobody cared that Britney had a song with G-Easy or Tinashe.

Also, we don't  know what people did or didn't do during Britney's breakdown. And these people are wildly busy and don't follow Britney as closely as we did. Talking about mental health wasn't as big of a thing back then so I just think it's unfair to assume Madonna did nothing or didn't care. She was very supportive of her after the breakdown. She was very kind in For The Record and invited Britney to perform with her at her show. It was Britney's first time onstage since VMAs 07 and honestly Madonna didn't have much to gain from that - it was just a stop on her tour that wasn't filmed or anything (minus Britney's FTR crew) and the show was already sold-out bc she's Madonna.

Archived