Why did Madonna use Britney?

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Britney had nothing to do with Confessions' success. Stop being a delusional Britard. "Hung Up" was what carried that era simply because it was an amazing song. "Sorry" and "Jump" were as well. And Madonna was promoting that era like crazy and it helps that Confessions was an amazing album.

Which is her last masterpiece, I still don’t know how I feel about Madame X but then and still now, that record truly does play well from start to finish. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Which is her last masterpiece, I still don’t know how I feel about Madame X but then and still now, that record truly does play well from start to finish. 

Couldn’t agree more. Confessions was amazing from start to finish, and she hasn’t topped that album ever since.

• Like 6
15 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

Her successful ITZ era was due to Toxic, and besides that song, her era was nowhere as big as the previous 2. Britney was already in her decline from the 55-hr marriage and her breakup with Justin. Madonna gave her the kiss of death cuz she likes to take advantage of whoever is in the spotlight at the time and it didn't help Britney at all, it just created more bad press for her.

Me Against the Music and Everytime were both either top ten or number one hits in somewhere around 20 countries. Toxic won her first ever Grammy award. In The Zone debuted with the second highest sales week for a female artist of the year, and fifth highest weekly sales overall. In The Zone gave Britney a top ten and top twenty hit in the U.S. for the first time since the Oops era.

Britney also got lots of bad press for the nude-colored outfit at the 2000s VMAs. That was the name of her game from the start, and Madonna gave her another opportunity to replicate that shock factor. And as you already stated, Britney was already in decline in her personal life before the kiss, so I'm not seeing the connection between the two...

• Like 6
18 hours ago, KrustyKrab said:

Me Against the Music and Everytime were both either top ten or number one hits in somewhere around 20 countries. Toxic won her first ever Grammy award. In The Zone debuted with the second highest sales week for a female artist of the year, and fifth highest weekly sales overall. In The Zone gave Britney a top ten and top twenty hit in the U.S. for the first time since the Oops era.

Britney also got lots of bad press for the nude-colored outfit at the 2000s VMAs. That was the name of her game from the start, and Madonna gave her another opportunity to replicate that shock factor. And as you already stated, Britney was already in decline in her personal life before the kiss, so I'm not seeing the connection between the two...

Most of Britney's best singles didn't do well on the charts - she was an album artist, not a singles artist

However she still did well overall. I lived her whole career so I do remember how it was from BOMT until now and ITZ wasn't as a big as her previous 3 eras. The kiss was seen as a lame desperate attempt for Madonna to stay relevant, and of course Britney took most of the heat from it, nobody really cared that Madonna kissed another girl. MATM originally was without MATM until she took it over and put her vocals in it and they decided to keep that as a single.

• Like 3
On 7/13/2019 at 9:35 AM, Dark.Knight said:

Most of Britney's best singles didn't do well on the charts - she was an album artist, not a singles artist

However she still did well overall. I lived her whole career so I do remember how it was from BOMT until now and ITZ wasn't as a big as her previous 3 eras. The kiss was seen as a lame desperate attempt for Madonna to stay relevant, and of course Britney took most of the heat from it, nobody really cared that Madonna kissed another girl. MATM originally was without MATM until she took it over and put her vocals in it and they decided to keep that as a single.

Yep!  People don't realize how negatively it affected Britney.  See, the main difference between Britney and Madonna is that Madge thrives on hate and Britney thrives on love. 

• Like 4
On 7/13/2019 at 6:35 PM, Dark.Knight said:

Britney asked Madonna to be on MATM 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I love Britney, but Madonna's Confessions album ***** on every album Britney has ever put out.

With the exception of Blackout. Of course.

I mean, I’m not sure why we’ve got to put one down to lift the other, but okay. Both albums are timeless masterpieces for the ages tho.

Madonna is a business woman above all else. I don’t think “using” is the right word. I do think that in most cases, Madonna’s publicity stunts have in some way benefited the other people involved. I think that it’s obvious Madonna has her best interests in mind (who wouldn’t tho lbr) but I don’t think she used Britney as such. People still talk about that VMAs moment which cements the both of them in pop culture. Madonna is just that good at what she does. And her career spanning 4 decades thanks her for it :madance:

Plus the princess of pop and the queen of pop coming together was something that just had to happen. Imagine a world without the kiss :bthink:

• Like 3