Do any of you actually care for Britney?

SkinnyAsANeedle

You know what? Because I don’t think any of you actually do. You insult her, maim her image, disrespect her constantly, insult her, pretend to care when in reality you just love the drama. You hate her, and you know it. Admit it. The media taught everyone to hate Britney, and trained everyone to dislike her. Britney saw the worst in humanity, it destroyed her, and you still won’t let up. You prop up your purchased music and claim you bought it because you like Britney; well guess what, you don’t. You bought it because you liked the MUSIC. Now they parade her around like a caged animal and you all eat it up. You’re not saying “freebritney” because you’re altruistic, you’re saying “freebritney” because it makes YOU look good. Stop with the false proclamations of love and adoration and just own up to your own hate and your own bigotry, because you sure as hell have a lot of it. :mj:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The post is generalizing an entire community, which absolutely includes people who care about her and have her best interests in mind (as much as we can for someone who do not know personally, per Dark.Knight above). Please avoid knocking us all down. You are not the only person who cares about Britney - I hope you find my post reassuring in that regard.

I agree that some individuals do not appear to have her best interests in mind, and/or are misguided themselves when it comes to what's actually important in life, but that's definitely not everyone - not by a long shot. I think this post should have been directed toward specific subsets of the community and articulated in a less accusatory manner.

I do care about her like it was previously stated, as much as you can for someone you don't personally know. I have grown up with Britney and still "love" her in the sense that I believe in her ability to let her best version of herself shine through despite all the hardships she has had to overcome. I still stan for her new music and was legitimately excited for Domination. I feel bad that she is still being held under a conservatorship for over half of her adult life.

That doesn't mean I don't comment on her professional mistakes such as poor makeup, style, plastic surgery, or choreography. This is a message board to discuss the good AND bad. But I'm still here nonetheless, after all this time. I'll probably always stan to some extent just because of the impact she's already had on my life thus far. For better or for worse, I'm in this for life I guess. :)

Speak for yourself. Some of us care about Britney more than anyone else and genuinely want nothing but the best for her. After all she’s given me, I want her to be happy. Some only care about the music and image, they can’t get past that, those are the individuals bashing and hating on her all the time. Real fans and supporters care. 

Says the person who has said she should stop getting Michael J. Fox to do her makeup (which was uncalled for, disgusting, and absolutely rude to both Britney and Michael), among other things. Climb down off that cross, boo, you're no better than anyone else here. :lessons:

I like her as much as I can like somebody I don’t know. I’ve followed her life and career since I became a stan when I was 9 in 1999 and her own milestone moments coincide with a lot of my own, so she’s been a very huge presence for most of my life. I had the pleasure of briefly meeting her in 2016 and it was a dream come true to have our paths cross for even thirty seconds. 

In the name of basic human rights and decency and my genuine respect for her as a person I want her to be free to live as she damn well pleases, regardless of whether or not that she’ll work again. She owes us nothing and she owes herself the world.

I voiced a lot of frustration in 2018 about the way she was performing, but I retract it all now that I know the conditions she is made to live under. I will continue to call out the awful people who criticise her appearance / behaviour. 

These days I’m following her because I want to see a happy resolution for somebody who has brought me a lot of happiness and comfort over the years. She deserves it. 

Honestly, I see this a good amount of times - certain users just accuse the ENTIRE forum of secretly hating Britney. Like, yes, I see people criticizing Britney for very little things (like, photos of her come out and someone says her teeth look bad), but it's not something the majority of users do.

Where are y'all getting this narrative from? :ehidk:

Plus, I think some misunderstandings might play into this - yes, there *is* a difference between criticizing things like her face and her teeth (for example) and criticizing choreography, tour costumes and makeup.

And another, genuine question - have you evaluated yourself too? Are you able to state, completely sure of it, that you do not secretly hate Britney? In this case, we should remember this Biblical line:

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Your username mocks her obviously bizarre video and only adds fuel to the “crazy Britney” narrative so cut the crap. :whatitellu: 

Seems like most fans here just want her to be free even if it means she won’t perform or make music anymore. That’s the best any artist would wish for. 

Archived