Britney's stage presence, truth be told.

JustWendy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're totally right - her choreo has never been that difficult, for the most part it's always been her natural charisma, attitude, *** appeal combined with her execution.. :)

regarding what's left of it, ugh, who knows.. it could be laziness but that only explains part of it, that doesn't explain why she's so stiff and why she has so many tics.. I'd say meds have deteriorated her too much, I mean, I'm sure they're hella strong.. :idkney:

It’s weird tho because when I saw her live last year I did feel like she was really confident and kinda felt a lot respect for her. I don’t know how to explain it but definitley felt like she had a strong and like “this is my place” kinda attitude. 

In addition to all of the things said - it's her TIMING that's off when she dances now. She is usually so far ahead or behind and it just looks bad. If she worked on that, the performances would look THAT much better.

And she definitely needs a real costume designer to make her some amazing outfits.

This is my favorite "present day" performance of hers. She looks SO damn good and had a lot of fun on the stage.

Maybe in the future she could do small shows like this with an awesome stage set-up like this one. Apple did a great job filming this concert too.

1 hour ago, KashKave said:

This is my favorite "present day" performance of hers. She looks SO damn good and had a lot of fun on the stage.

Maybe in the future she could do small shows like this with an awesome stage set-up like this one. Apple did a great job filming this concert too.

This is one of my top fave performances from her lately. Her energy way so lovely to see.  :imcute:

her really bad dancing started during POM. Circus and especially femme fatale were both really lazy dancing without much excitement but at least during femme fatal she danced in sync with the music and other than the laziness she executed the moves properly. During the beginning of POM you see her make a dramatic step away from femme fatale. she isnt just lazy but shes also out of sync with the music and awkward looking. Then during the end of POM she gets her excitement back but her technique is gone for good

13 minutes ago, Fudgeney said:

her really bad dancing started during POM. Circus and especially femme fatale were both really lazy dancing without much excitement but at least during femme fatal she danced in sync with the music and other than the laziness she executed the moves properly. During the beginning of POM you see her make a dramatic step away from femme fatale. she isnt just lazy but shes also out of sync with the music and awkward looking. Then during the end of POM she gets her excitement back but her technique is gone for good

The most frustrating part for me is knowing that she still has it.

She's perfectly capable of executing choreography with attitude, precision, and energy. We get tiny glimpses scattered at random. For example, very briefly in 2014 when her hair was brown, the end of 2015 when she served short-hairney and mermaidney, and most of 2016. 

Image result for britney spears piece of me 2014

Image result for britney spears piece of me 2015

There's also, of course, the rehearsals which are always 50% better than the live show in terms of energy and overall enthusiasm. 

7 hours ago, F r e e Brit said:

The most frustrating part for me is knowing that she still has it.

She's perfectly capable of executing choreography with attitude, precision, and energy. We get tiny glimpses scattered at random. For example, very briefly in 2014 when her hair was brown, the end of 2015 when she served short-hairney and mermaidney, and most of 2016. 

Image result for britney spears piece of me 2014

There's also, of course, the rehearsals which are always 50% better than the live show in terms of energy and overall enthusiasm. 

Yes from late 2014-2016 she had good energy and seemed to be rehearsing more but then she lost it during the end of POM with too much energy and too little technique which resulted in all her ticks 

9 hours ago, Fudgeney said:

You're insane. POM is much more better dancing than Circus / FF ever seen, you're just tripping right off here, sorry sir, go watch some good POM videos and rethink your opinion. Specially in comparison with FF, she is DEAD onstage for God's sake :ehno:

You all said everything perfectly. Leaving the dancing stuff aside for a moment, unfortunately Britney lost her mark, her distinction from the rest, and most of the time she doesn’t seem to enjoy the performances, just thinks "step one, step two, now I do this, now that", doesn't complete the choreography and shortens it ahead of time. There is no passion in what she does, or at least she fails to transmit it. 

One thing that completely fell apart is, "Britney the performer," her ability of getting into a role according to the song, and that’s why all the numbers look the same and feel the same, plus, the choreography, is a constant recycling and a few numbers of the whole show differ from the previous one.

Today it is difficult to recognize the Britney she once was, and there is no doubt that her personal problems affect everything else.

I just want her to feel the passion for what she does again, and only to return to music when she can put all the pieces of her personal life together.

Agree with the above but i have to add one thing:

those greats moments of her career were aligned with her age and life. It was BELIEVABLE, COHESIVE.

Sobgs such as baby, oops, lucky, stronger, slave, even matm, they showed a maturing britney, an empowered girl growing up and being successfull. Even blackout was succesfull because of that. Her life was really in a bad place, and blackout and her mtv vma 07 performance SHOWED THAT.

Circus was believable. And so was her attitude with work ***** and pom deal that was good for her life. But its been 6 freaking years since 2013. And 11 years since her breakdown.

Glory never existed. Because she stoped being relatable. Interesting. Credible. What was once misterious became a worring joke.

Britney is lacking some TRUTH. Credibility

She got older, she has to stop trying to recreate her past self and doing faces that looked good at 19 but doesnt any more and GROW.

But never really adressing anything does not allow it. They are acting like nithibg ever happened. COME ON.

after so many years you would exoect her to show signs of really being empowered after everything she went through.

But she didnt seem to work her inner self.

She keeped on selling an image of a resilient hero while still being legally and in every day life a little girl who is still a victim of something no one knows about. Whats the big deal??? If its about a mental health issue she should address it cause the misterious book is not interesting any more. It got worring.

My proof about her crrdibility being GONE is the free britney movement. We are at a point that we think everyone is exploiting and abusing her. Talk about credibility. Singing live looks like a minor thing now.

We are seeing someone medicated on stage and there is NOTHING WRONG ABOUT IT. What i think is not good is not adressing it and letting the discussion about her ticks, her anxiety and everything that MANIFESTS in their own ways go on and on and on instead of letting everyone really feel proud about her being there doing that while fighting her issues. Everyone would understand and the way she moves-acts-dances-talks would feel NATURAL because you would take that in count.

If she adressed it everything would be so different.

I know it is not our business, but if u look at her posts talking about WEIGHT, you will see what i am talking about. Truth always leads to a much better path. And she would get so much love.

The hate and bullying she is getting is because she hides her truth. Like before i said i was gay i was bullied. After i said it i became the queen of my peers. It works that way

Perez says shes still heavily medicated. I think that is the reason why. Plus, she lost interest and knows she can get away with not really dancing. She lost the passion, she uses being an artist as escapism, not because she loves it.

• Super Mods

I always knew this, everyone always bitching about how she doesn’t do primeney level dancing no more but I look at old videos and they were really simple but yeah it is her stage presence that makes it. Seeing as how she even delivered during the M&Ms shows just tells me that it’s their special “cocktail blend” of medications they give her. 

22 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

You're insane. POM is much more better dancing than Circus / FF ever seen, you're just tripping right off here, sorry sir, go watch some good POM videos and rethink your opinion. Specially in comparison with FF, she is DEAD onstage for God's sake :ehno:

I definitely think POM was better than Femme fatale but I also think the only problem with femme fatale was the laziness. During POM she lost the laziness but gained a whole lot of other small problems which seem worse for the long term of her dancing

Idk. If I was trapped in a conservatorship you better f**king believe I’d half *** everything too. :ehum: And she barely has any artistic control. Ofc she doesn’t have anymore passion. I think recording Glory was the only thing she gave af about since BO. 

I used to always complain about her dancing too, before all the corruption in her team started to surface. **** I didn’t even know who tf Lou was lol. She’s never going to be “primeney” ever again until she’s free and has artistic control over her career. Plain and simple. Ffs put yourself in her shoes or heels rather, since she dances with them, would you be giving it your all PLUS more dancing to music you had no say in while recording it? She barely even recorded an entire album :tiffcackle: we whine about her tarnishing her legacy, when in reality, I doubt she gives af about it after being told to swallow pills or her kids are getting taken away. I can’t at some of y’all :byetina:

On 7/2/2019 at 4:27 PM, DayvinDazone said:

And the attitude too! She could emote and sell the lyrics of a song so well!

Now she does these terrible Disney over-the-top facial expressions when singing songs like I'm a Slave 4 U.

joke's on you, she's not even singing when performing it :walkonby:

Archived