"Old Town Road" Rapper Lil Nas X Comes Out As Gay

Jordan Miller

• Leader

lil-nas-x-old-town-road.jpg

LIL NAS X REVEALS HE’S PART OF THE LGBTQ COMMUNITY.

“Old Town Road” with Billy Ray Cyrus has topped the charts since April, and the mastermind behind the track, Lil Nas X, just confirmed he’s gay. He shared the news and directed fans to pay close attention to his one of his new songs, “C7osure,” off his new EP, 7.

“some of y’all already know, some of y’all don’t care, some of y’all not gone fwm no more,” he wrote. “but before this month ends i want y’all to listen closely to c7osure.”

“C7osure” begins with the words, “True say, I want and I need to let go, use my time to be free.” He continues: “Ain’t no more actin’, man that forecast say I should just let me grow/No more red light for me baby, only green, I gotta go/Pack my past up in the back, oh, let my future take ahold/This is what I gotta do, can’t be regrettin’ when I’m old.”

Lil Nas X also zoomed in on 7’s artwork that subtly features a rainbow: “deadass thought i made it obvious.”

The EP debuted t No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart. His reign has also battled two Taylor Swift songs from reaching the top, and has broken streaming records set by Drake. 

Welcome to the fam!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m happy that he has felt able to fully be himself now, I’m disgusted by some of the comments on Instagram and Twitter but shouldn’t be surprised I guess :disappointed:

He seems like a nice guy and that’s all that should matter when judging him on a personal level. There are probably several gay artists in the hip hop game, maybe this will inspire them to come out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/27/2019 at 9:04 AM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

He didn’t really say he was “gay”. Personally, I don’t think he is. And he’s also said that just because gay doesn’t me he’s not straight too. He’s not being so clear.  :awkblink:

That was just a joke, he's always joking on Twitter, thereby it may seem confusing to people like you. But he is an openly gay man. You can search interviews on the Internet where he's making things more clear. Here's a TV interview, and here's a more of a "serious" discussion regardless his decision of coming out, as well as homophobia.

Archived