Where does Britney stand on this list?

Which pop girl has the best voice?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of all the pop girls listed, who has the best voice? It's easy to say someone like Ariana or to say Britney can't sing but thinking about live performances, who really just makes you go "wow"? I know Brit/Selena lip sync but try and think of their live vocals. I can't include everyone but I'm torn between JoJo, Mariah and Xtina. I know people say Mariah's passed it but they can't deny she has an amazing voice. I absolutely love JoJo but I think my vote would go for Mariah. Her and Ari are very close to Mariah's level but Mimi is the original and the best. I'm not saying she's better than say Celine or Whitney but from this list, I think she'd win. I'm curious to see what you guys think and where Britney will place because we know she has a strong, deep voice but she can be pitchy. I'd still put her above SG, JLO, TS and Madonna (maybe Avril) but as much as I hate to say it, a lot of the modern singers, especially Miley are incredible singers and I think they'd beat Brit. I'm not trying to compare them as they're all different strands of pop and have different strengths/weaknesses but I am curious to see who you guys, being unbiased, think is the best. I like Mariah. She's not my fave but I recognise her talent. Madonna on the other hand...Again, I sort of like her but her voice is nothing special. I'm still trying to process the Eurovision disaster :bthink:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, obviously, the best singer on this list is Mariah. Her vocal abilities are truly impressive, and whistle register is something pretty rare (there are only a few singers who can also sing like that who I can think of, such as Ariana or Jennifer Hudson).

But, other than that, there are other good singers here, such as Lady Gaga, who has a very versatile voice (she can do ****, breathy vocals like in "Heal Me" and also very powerful vocals).

Then there's Britney, whose vocals on "Everytime" just cannot be replicated by anyone, can sing beautifully and created "What You Need" (mentioned by Dayve above). Unfortunately, Brinni lip-syncs often, so I can't say that she's the best of all, but I still love her.

Selena Gomez kinda sucks live. :tiffdrink:

Xtine is very good, but has a tendency to scream. Still, she's a very good vocalist.

Carly Slae Jepsen... well, this should speak for itself:

:yasqueen:

And I feel like I'll end it here, because there's just too many people on that list to cover in one post. I'll let others do the rest. :raven:

1 minute ago, DayvinDazone said:

Selena can consider herself lucky because what she lacks in actual singing ability she makes up for in visuals and pleasant tone & voice color. But damn, is she a definition of a studio singer. She's terrible live. I think her voice is just naturally very weak. She must've been taught proper singing techniques and she probably works with vocal coaches on a regular basis, but I feel like no amount of training can fix the fact her voice just lacks power.

Mhm. :mhmnod:

Not only does she lack power, she also just lacks the ability to hit certain notes, such as the ones in the chorus of "Me & The Rhythm".

I timestamped it and you can hear her problems very well:

Then again, though, I'm not sure if this is real or not. :hairflip:

And, then again again, she does have her moments, like this lovely performance of "Who Says":

Also, while searching for the videos above, I came across some video and found this in the comment section:

My top 5 favorites:

5. Christina Aguilera (Even though I don't like her, I do have to admit she can sing)

4. Demi Lovato (She has a very powerful voice)

3. Adele (She sings with a lot of emotion in voice)

2. Whitney Houston (C'mon, it's Whitney Houston!)

My #1 top favorite is...

BRITNEY SPEARS!

I absolutely adore Britney! She has gone through so much and is still on top of her game. No matter what people say, Britney is extremely talented and hardworking. Without her dedication and hard work she wouldn't be where she is today. Plus her voice sounds so angelic to me!

~ The Outcaster / Female Singers | SINGING A CAPELLA / YouTube

:makeitrain:

Based on their peak vocal ability:

Mariah
Kelly
Christina
Beyonce
Gaga
JoJo
Pink
Ariana
Demi
Avril
Miley
Katy
Rihanna
Madonna
Carly
Taylor
JLO
Shakira
Selena

Obviously Britney's vocal peak (MMC, Starsearch, pre-Jive excluded) would've been the Baby era, and I would probably put her above Katy and Rihanna at that point. JoJo would be my current pick, though - she can sing anything and I love her tone. Madonna had a really pretty voice when she did Evita and also a lot of her earlier ballads are beautifully sang - Live to Tell, Take a Bow, You'll See immediately come to mind.

2 hours ago, Alexa said:

Based on their peak vocal ability:

Mariah
Kelly
Christina
Beyonce
Gaga
JoJo
Pink
Ariana
Demi
Avril
Miley
Katy
Rihanna
Madonna
Carly
Taylor
JLO
Shakira
Selena

Obviously Britney's vocal peak (MMC, Starsearch, pre-Jive excluded) would've been the Baby era, and I would probably put her above Katy and Rihanna at that point. JoJo would be my current pick, though - she can sing anything and I love her tone. Madonna had a really pretty voice when she did Evita and also a lot of her earlier ballads are beautifully sang - Live to Tell, Take a Bow, You'll See immediately come to mind.

I totally agree with Selena being last. I love her but she is easily the weakest. I'm quite surprised you've put Ariana below Pink, Gaga and Beyonce. I'm not saying they're not great but I would've thought Ari had the better voice out of all of them. Or are you saying her range isn't as wide as the others'? Genuinely interested to know :nervousney:

2 hours ago, KrustyKrab said:

Image result for mariah carey gif

Mariah may be a diva, but there is just no competition that she is the best voice of my generation.

I wish more people appreciated her like you do. She comes across as totally annoying but when people say she can't sing anymore and Ariana is 10x better, it drives me nuts. You don't need to love her and even if she can't hit all the high notes like she used to, she can still do things that 96% of people can't. It's fine to have a favourite singer but there's no need to dismiss someone else's talent. I hate Beyonce but I can't deny she has a good voice, even if I don't like it. 

Its hard because I can name good and bad things about any of the people on the list and depending on the day my opinion will change. Also just because someone is a good singer doesnt mean that people enjoy listening to them. Christina tends to overdo the growling and belting so much that a lot of people dont enjoy her live singing (despite her "natural" tone being beautiful. Most people would consider Celine Dion an amazing singer but my mom cant listen to her because its to "nasaly" for her taste and I can admit that Mariah has a great voice but her voice and music bores me to tears.. Ariana Grande sounds absolutley soulless and Demi is trying too hard. Lady Gaga has an amazing voice and good technique but she is constantly yelling or talking during live performances to animate the crowd and I just cant deal with that. Miley Cyrus has a good voice but she just kind of always sounds the same to me... like there is no variety in her singing.

Kelly Clakson, Pink and Beyonce are probabyl the best on the list because they dont really have annoying habits when it comes to singing and sing clearly and cleanly. All the others dont deserve to be on that list tbh.

Archived