BBMA 2016 Question

Farhan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I think it was pre-recorded. It's deeper than the original album version and certain parts are pronounced a bit differently, so I don't think it was just a pitched down studio recording.

But now, I'll go a bit off topic to say this: BBMAs 2016 was her best performance in years. Seriously:

• Attitude? On point.
  • Looks? She looked STUNNING! :yasqueen:
  • Song choices? Some classics and recent hits as well as two fan-favourites and album deep cuts ("Touch Of My Hand" and "Breathe On Me"). I'd say it was a great setlist.
  • Tics? Minimal / none after "Work *****"
  • Choreography? Not the best, but she made up for that with the attitude.

I see nothing to complain about. She was meant to perform there and she delivered. :mhm:

i am amazed how you guys recognize the difference between pre-recorded and live vocals...
I always thought she was singing along the track, especially the part where she sings i'm a slaaaaaavee for you... that slave part sounds different than the cd vocals the POM vocals or any other prerecorded vocals we have so far...

also with the femme fatale tour, yes there were prerecorded vocals but im pretty sure she was singing too 

6 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

Yes, I think it was pre-recorded. It's deeper than the original album version and certain parts are pronounced a bit differently, so I don't think it was just a pitched down studio recording.

But now, I'll go a bit off topic to say this: BBMAs 2016 was her best performance in years. Seriously:

• Attitude? On point.
  • Looks? She looked STUNNING! :yasqueen:
  • Song choices? Some classics and recent hits as well as two fan-favourites and album deep cuts ("Touch Of My Hand" and "Breathe On Me"). I'd say it was a great setlist.
  • Tics? Minimal / none after "Work *****"
  • Choreography? Not the best, but she made up for that with the attitude.

I see nothing to complain about. She was meant to perform there and she delivered. :mhm:

I would've removed Touch of My Hand though, not only it was unknown, but it kinda killed the mood towards the end of the performance. The backflip could've been incorporated on any other song.

I mean, it's so cool that she performed 2 album tracks and a single she never performed at awards shows back in the day (ILRNR) but she was receiving an award for her career, so I think other songs should've been performed instead: BOMT, OIDIA (although there was a small nod to them), TTWE, even GM which isn't one of my faves. 

But overall it was so amazing to see her perform like that. 2016 looked so promising, I can't believe it even happened at all :kyliecry:

21 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I would've removed Touch of My Hand though, not only it was unknown, but it kinda killed the mood towards the end of the performance. The backflip could've been incorporated on any other song.

I mean, it's so cool that she performed 2 album tracks and a single she never performed at awards shows back in the day (ILRNR) but she was receiving an award for her career, so I think other songs should've been performed instead: BOMT, OIDIA (although there was a small nod to them), TTWE, even GM which isn't one of my faves. 

But overall it was so amazing to see her perform like that. 2016 looked so promising, I can't believe it even happened at all :kyliecry:

I think it was perfect the way she did, she did songs she wanted to do and loved, not what fans and anyone else wanted. It's no secret Britney is tired of Baby and Oops, IMO, so I'm happy she did it that way.

As for the question, I like to close my eyes and pretend she sings those verses live :kyliecry:

17 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

I think it was perfect the way she did, she did songs she wanted to do and loved, not what fans and anyone else wanted. It's no secret Britney is tired of Baby and Oops, IMO, so I'm happy she did it that way.

As for the question, I like to close my eyes and pretend she sings those verses live :kyliecry:

Yeah, it was very surreal to think that was happening in 2016. It was such a good time.

Archived