Slave for you is Britney's Best single and here's why.

The song aged like french napoleon vintage wine. Seriously, the song still have a unique sound and vibe, it makes anyone want to shake their bum few seconds into the song.

The song had AMAZING performances and her most memorable performance is when she preformed this song in the VMA, also THE REMIXES (except 2018 disastrous remix).

it also captures the spirit of everyone in Britney's age when she released the song (including me).

the only negative thing about this song is the current legal situation of Britney and how it resembles the song in a f**ked up way.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dark.Knight said:

no :pieceofwhat:, it's one of her weakest IMO. The song wouldn't have done nearly as well if it wasn't for the VMA performance

this is not the criteria though, BOMT/Toxic (USA/Globaly) is obviously her best performing singles but we're talking about sustainability and image here.

S4U built the performer image and the song sounds amazing even after more than a decade. BOMT/OIDIA are like not close to the sustainability of S4U to be honest.

Just now, Dream Within a Dream said:

this is not the criteria though, BOMT/Toxic (USA/Globaly) is obviously her best performing singles but we're talking about sustainability and image here.

S4U built the performer image and the song sounds amazing even after more than a decade. BOMT/OIDIA are like not close to the sustainability of S4U to be honest.

in terms of sound yes it's hold well to this day, but the song isn't THAT great IMO

Toxic is still being played on a weekly basis on many radio stations and it still sounds fresh

I think some of her 'still fresh' singles pre-circus are: DLMBTLTK, Toxic, BTI

I agree. She took a huge step musically this single. I was very shook when it was released. Video too of course. Btw remember that Britney songs were banned from US radio in 2001-2002 (the "Britney" album era). Slave 4 U peaked at #27 solely by physical CD single sales. 

The only reason this song still holds up is because it samples Vanity 6's Nasty Girl (he may have been completely f**ked in the head but Prince knew music :jj::mcry:).

Anyways yeah Slave 4 U is most definitely one of her best singles :endit: but if we're talking singles from Britney, I love Anticipating more:makesomenoise: 

Spoiler

Even if it was only a single in France :demi:

15 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

The only reason this song still holds up is because it samples Vanity 6's Nasty Girl (he may have been completely f**ked in the head but Prince knew music :jj::mcry:).

Anyways yeah Slave 4 U is most definitely one of her best singles :endit: but if we're talking singles from Britney, I love Anticipating more:makesomenoise: 

Reveal hidden contents

Even if it was only a single in France :demi:

I'm----

I never knew it was sampled. OFC Slave became something much better IMO, but the structure that makes it different definitely comes from it. I'm in shock :OMGney:

1 hour ago, Shadow2003 said:

What's a "I Am A Slave 4 U"?

I only recognize "I Exist In The Role Of A Slave For Thou". :bichpls:

What's a "I Exist In The Role Of A Slave For Thou"?

I only recognize a "I Exist In The Role Of A Person Who Works Very Hard Without Proper Remuneration Or Appreciation As Being Excessively Dependent Upon Someone For Thou" :NYsassy:

4 minutes ago, OurWorldIsSoNice said:

How rude! giphy.gif

Prince may of been crazy but he was just switched on about the music industry imo. 

CgmhluHUYAA5f9v.jpg

Okay first of all let me just say, your avatar is gorgeous. Under The Cherry Moon is an underrated classic.

Second, when I said he was f**ked in the head, I meant with his religion. Even during the Symbol era, Prince was writing Slave on his face and changing his name for the right reason. He lost it after he became a Jehovah's Witness and abandoned Mayte for that Testolini *****. :endit:

Spoiler

I have a soft spot for Mayte in case you couldn't tell :raven::jj:

Archived