Do you support the inflate / deflate update?

Shadow2003

A poll for the people  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello, everyone! As you probably noticed, recently, a new update recently took place. This update being the inflate / deflate feature. In this feature, you can either inflate or deflate a post. The most inflated post in a thread will appear at the top of the page. You can also sort the messages (or "Exhales") by date, to keep them in a chronological order.

Now, this update has been met with a somewhat negative response. Due to this, I created this thread to see what the people actually think of this update and added a little bonus poll.

Have fun! :makesomenoise:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, the inflate / deflate option is just pointless, something that no one asked for, yet we were burdened with. Showing all the posts in order of inflates only creates confusion as to the order of it. It messes up the progression of the discussion :heresthetea: 

For example, take this case: If you inflate a post in the #FreeBritney "Exchange" (It is no more referred to as the "#FreeBritney thread":nydisgust:), the post will go straight from page 1755 to page 1 :woopsie: 

No one asked for the important posts to be shown first, yet we have this function. Now a copied comment can be inflated and it will appear above the original comment, which will lead people to believe that the inflated comment is the original and the original is copied. :4music: 

Them there's this new language over here, "Exchange", "Exhale" blah blah... I mean it's difficult to get accustomed to you know. What was wrong with the word "Comment" or "Topic"? :wyd:There is no point in changing the words other than the fact that it will just confuse people. Moreover, "Reply to this topic" is now "Exhale in this exchange" or something like that, which is, well... Weird:wtf:

Now the colourful tags of the threads have been taken off, which just makes the main page seem like a lifeless void of articles all in black and white. Now we have to memorize the icons for the tags too.

Also, I've seen some members reporting glitches that they get a notification Everytime someone posts something in a particular thread even if they didn't follow the thread. These are just few of the glitches.

So imo please revert Exhale back to the way it was :pensiveney:

no idea, I need to be in a very specific mood to express my distaste about things like these, otherwise my conscience kicks in and I feel really bad.. :makeitrain: anyways.. I'm not gonna say I hate it or anything but I definitely do not see the point of it.. it all just seems like a major inconvenience and I'm not just saying that because "I don't like change" or whatever, no, I think pretty much all of the new features are major inconveniences.. :heresthetea: I couldn't care less about all the Exhale puns, they're kinda cute actually.. while definitely weird, they give the site some identity, I think.. :brit2016: the order of posts / threads and not being able to see who posted last (and how long ago) in a thread is really annoying.. :brityawning:

also, I refuse to use the "pump" / "deflate" features because we already have upvotes.. you can say "no, no, it's completely different from upvotes / downvotes" however many times you want.. :bareclap:

i'm sorry but i'm in complete shock at how awful this forum has become, it was okay how it was.

i find it so hard to navigate now :mariahstare:

'exhale', 'exchange', 'air' - wtf.

the whole layout, no chronological order (even having to figure out how to change it and try understand what 'air' etc means is a complete annoyance)

it is all just a massive mess, it has really put me off using this site more and this is from a loyal member who has been here for over 10 years.

i don't mean anything bad to you jordan, but this is awful.

I'm so confused by everything, and I still get notified whenever someone comments on a thread-- and I don't know if that's because I looked at the thread once that I get notifications, I know it can't be because I follow them all because some of these I don't, I.... am very confused whenever I'm here now. :calculating:

1 minute ago, f**knfurter said:

I'm so confused by everything, and I still get notified whenever someone comments on a thread-- and I don't know if that's because I looked at the thread once that I get notifications, I know it can't be because I follow them all because some of these I don't, I.... am very confused whenever I'm here now. :calculating:

huh, weird.. I had that issue too but I expressed my concerns in this thread:

and one of the admins fixed it for me.. maybe you should try messaging @RyanMasao.. :)

I don’t mine the terminology change, we can call threads ‘Exchanges’ and posts ‘Exhales’ if Jordy wants, that doesn’t bug me. I didn’t realize the little different colored buttons were missing from the left side of each topic until a user above pointed it out, and yes it is definitely missing from the main topic pages. Everything looks boring now. 

Overall the changes are terrible, and I truly hope he just reverts back to the way it was. I love this forum, I know the other regulars do too. I don’t want to feel forced out but I can definitely see myself coming less and less if things don’t revert, I already have slowed the past few weeks because every time I log in it’s ANOTHER change that literally, NO ONE wanted. 

I don’t mind changes, I always welcomes the layout changes whenever he’s updated them over the years. But to completely restructure the entire forum, that people had gotten used too and made a regular part of their daily routine is just completely unnecessary. This isn’t a message board with hundreds of members posting daily, there’s like maybe 100 of us who regularly post and check (and that number is being generous). Don’t lose the remaining fans who have been loyal to this forum. Most of us are friends on IG/Twitter. We don’t need exhale to remain in touch and talk Britney, we chose to come here because we like this forum and like to support you. But please, listen to the people who give this place the heart and soul it has.

11 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I don’t mine the terminology change, we can call threads ‘Exchanges’ and posts ‘Exhales’ if Jordy wants, that doesn’t bug me. I didn’t realize the little different colored buttons were missing from the left side of each topic until a user above pointed it out, and yes it is definitely missing from the main topic pages. Everything looks boring now. 

Overall the changes are terrible, and I truly hope he just reverts back to the way it was. I love this forum, I know the other regulars do too. I don’t want to feel forced out but I can definitely see myself coming less and less if things don’t revert, I already have slowed the past few weeks because every time I log in it’s ANOTHER change that literally, NO ONE wanted. 

I don’t mind changes, I always welcomes the layout changes whenever he’s updated them over the years. But to completely restructure the entire forum, that people had gotten used too and made a regular part of their daily routine is just completely unnecessary. This isn’t a message board with hundreds of members posting daily, there’s like maybe 100 of us who regularly post and check (and that number is being generous). Don’t lose the remaining fans who have been loyal to this forum. Most of us are friends on IG/Twitter. We don’t need exhale to remain in touch and talk Britney, we chose to come here because we like this forum and like to support you. But please, listen to the people who give this place the heart and soul it has.

you put it so well!

I don't hate changes in general but I do hate weird and pointless changes. As of now, Exhale is completely unusable and impossible to navigate for me. Seriously wtf. I don't even know where to start as I have no idea what things like AIR or exchange mean. Lmao what a mess. I don't think I'll be visiting the forum as regularly as before sorry.

25 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

I appreciate all the feedback! I'm taking it all in don't worry. We are working on things to offer a better user experience. Some things work, some things don't, but it's important we try to see what we like and don't :) We can always go back. 

I'm glad you understand. :hugs:

26 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

btw these changes also look pretty good on the new theme we have in the works 

A new theme, you say? :mhmsureny:

Alright, so, a new make-over for Exhale? That sounds like it's gonna be a big update, so maybe we (Exhalers + admins) could discuss it before it gets implemented.

Also, when you say "these changes", what changes exactly are you referring to? :ineedthetruth:

• Leader
25 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

I'm glad you understand. :hugs:

A new theme, you say? :mhmsureny:

Alright, so, a new make-over for Exhale? That sounds like it's gonna be a big update, so maybe we (Exhalers + admins) could discuss it before it gets implemented.

Also, when you say "these changes", what changes exactly are you referring to? :ineedthetruth:

Sure. We're limited as to what we can do with the theme but if there's a request that people want we can certainly see. You could Pump this comment so it appears closer to the top ;)

1 hour ago, breatheheavy said:

I appreciate all the feedback! I'm taking it all in don't worry. We are working on things to offer a better user experience. Some things work, some things don't, but it's important we try to see what we like and don't :) We can always go back. 

btw these changes also look pretty good on the new theme we have in the works 

can you please put it back to normal, many members are finding it hard to navigate around here and it is really off-putting.

i don't mean any disrespect, but i really don't like it and i don't want the amount of people that visit this forum to go down even more.

7 minutes ago, Slayer said:

i don't mean any disrespect, but i really don't like it and i don't want the amount of people that visit this forum to go down even more.

That’s what I’m worried about too. I thought it was only me who has been pulling back the last few weeks but clearly it isn’t. 

I figured this place would be popping with all of the #FreeBritney stuff going on. I know IG is 

it's so hard to even find this thread, that's how bad it is... i can only find it from my notifications.

i don't care about who's comment has the most 'likes/pumps' doesn't mean i want it at the top of the page

air/exchange/exhale don't make any sense, from someone on the outside, if you want to entice someone to join the forum they need to understand what is actually going on and how to use it. i'm not usually this vocal but i'm pretty annoyed as i loved this forum and it's really gone down hill and this 'update' was way worse than i ever expected. i'm not enjoying the experience of being here, as it is not clear at all.

*don't ban me for having an opinion*

5 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

That’s what I’m worried about too. I thought it was only me who has been pulling back the last few weeks but clearly it isn’t. 

I figured this place would be popping with all of the #FreeBritney stuff going on. I know IG is 

i agree it is such a mess here lol, i'm so disappointed.

i'm honestly finding it easier to find out britney stuff on instagram, ATRL and even GagaDaily :watrusayin: i can't believe i'm even saying that, GagaDaily has an AMAZING forum, if you want to update jordan, follow how that one is done.

Archived