Queen! Madonna's New Album 'Madame X' Debuts At No. 1

Jordan Miller

• Leader

madonna-madame-x.jpg

'Madame X' takes the top spot.

UPDATE: It's official! Madonna's new album is No. 1 on the Billboard 200, giving the Queen of Pop her ninth No. 1 of her career.

She sold a total of 95,000 equivalent album units. Madonna has the second-most No. 1 albums of her career (Barbra Streisand leads the pack with 11).

If someone tells you pop music is dead, send them this link. 

Congrats, Queen!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

It's absurd. Glory deserved the #1 spot more than any other albums that year

yeah but at the same time I'm not really sure how one would go about changing the system.. at first I thought like brackets or something (for example 150k+ or whatever gets you a #1) but that means it'd be possible for there to be multiple albums at #1.. :heresthetea:

13 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

yeah but at the same time I'm not really sure how one would go about changing the system.. at first I thought like brackets or something (for example 150k+ or whatever gets you a #1) but that means it'd be possible for there to be multiple albums at #1.. :heresthetea:

I think that to decide which album is at #1, streaming, sales, radio plays and all the alike should be taken into consideration and all should have the same "weight" / importance (so, for example, not that an album that sold more but is streamed less loses to an album that sold less but is streamed a lot in a situation where both factors add up to give the same result).

Also, I'm glad Madame X can take its rightful spot as #1, since it is a great album. I find it very impressive how Madonna can still achieve #1 albums and hits with much less promotion and since she's not as popular with the younger generations as in the 80s / 90s. Congratulations to the one and only Queen of Pop! :clap:

3 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

Also, I'm glad Madame X can take its rightful spot as #1, since it is a great album. I find it very impressive how Madonna can still achieve #1 albums and hits with much less promotion and since she's not as popular with the younger generations as in the 80s / 90s. Congratulations to the one and only Queen of Pop! :clap:

It's the same as Britney, she still gets solid sales even though she's not popular and she doesn't get promoted because of her loyal fanbase. I'm glad she's getting this kind of recognition, this album is SO good :yesplease:

On 6/24/2019 at 3:22 PM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

only 95k and still #1?? "Glory" outsold and went #3.. :brityawning: I feel like at this point they should just change the system.. it's stupid that it's possible to chart differently based on who you're up against.. it's mostly just luck with a bit of timing sprinkled on top.. :heresthetea: anyway, good for her.. :bareclap:

i mean that's how charts have literally always worked... like since forever

not just in music

movies, books too, hell even presidential elections

it's always about who you're up against, and some luck

Archived