YouTube is remastering music videos

popprison

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, alienatedNey said:

Sony should take note thenΒ :joanne:

Would it be Sony or RCA? Either way, they should at least reupload the videos that were filmed in HD. I would haveΒ a hard time believing they didn’t use HD cameras in 2008 to film Womanizer.

19 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

That's great!

I checked out "Bad Romance" and it doesn't really feel like 1080p... maybe that's just because of the fact it was recorded in 2009, though.

I'd also appreciate if we got 2160p60 for those videos, but that quality lags on my laptop, so I digress.

The year it was shot has nothing to do with it. I have silent films from the 1920s on Blu-ray that look better than most of these "remasters" which areΒ literally just upscaled SD versions rather than actual remasters scanned from the original negatives... in fact, they are too lazy to even get the original HD source from their digital recordings, too. They are f**king dreadful, there's so much obvious DNR on them that makes the image lose detail and look muddy.Β :juggingu:

8 minutes ago, Complication said:

The year it was shot has nothing to do with it. I have silent films from the 1920s on Blu-ray that look better than most of these "remasters" which areΒ literally just upscaled SD versions rather than actual remasters scanned from the original negatives... in fact, they are too lazy to even get the original HD source from their digο»Ώital recordings, too. They are f**king dreadful, there's so much obvious DNR on them that makes the image lose detail and look muddy.Β :juggingu:

Yeah, i don't get it... I think upscale the videos is losing time, i don't think scan the negatives takes so long... It's pointless what they're doing.

Specially the ones EMI uploads all are in very bad quality.

On 6/20/2019 at 2:35 AM, Shadow2003 said:

I checked out "Bad Romance" and it doesn't really feel like 1080p... maybe that's just because of the fact it was recorded in 2009, though. ο»Ώ

Yes, it looks off, like, uhm, they somehow made it look older than it is.

Spice Girls remastered videos look surprisingly new despite being so old. I think it's because they have more vibrant colors. Bad Romance remaster looks like they turned down saturation and brightness.

Now, I don't know if it's my computer screen, which although it's new, it has trouble playing higher than 1080p resolutions. This past week that I was on vacation I stayed at this place that had one of these LG smart tv's that make movies and any kind of video look like they're in real life, I don't know how to say it lol like those soap operas, even if it's old movies. And I played the Spice Girls videos on youtube and they looked literally as if they were in front of me lol as if I was watching them through a window. All the Britney videos in HD format looked that way too (Pretty Girls looked particularly good)

Β 

5 hours ago, Complication said:

The year it was shot has nothing to do with it. I have silent films from the 1920s on Blu-ray that look better than most of these "remasters" which areΒ literally just upscaled SD versions rather than actual remasters scanned from the original negatives... in fact, they are too lazy to even get the original HD source from their digital recordings, too. They are f**king dreadful, there's so much obvious DNR on them that makes the image lose detail and look muddy.Β :juggingu:

oh that explains it

On 6/20/2019 at 11:35 AM, Shadow2003 said:

That's great!

I checked out "Bad Romance" and it doesn't really feel like 1080p... maybe that's just because of the fact it was recorded in 2009, though.

I'd also appreciate if we got 2160p60 for those videos, but that quality lags on my laptop, so I digress.

Does your laptop even have a 2160p screen?Β :orangu:

Just now, floopy22 said:

Does your laptop even have a 2160p screen?Β :orangu:

Well, since I'm not a tech person, I don't really get what you mean.Β :sneer:

I can turn on 2160p quality on my laptop when watching a YouTube video with that quality available, it's just that when I do, my laptop plays a bit of the video, then that spinning circle shows up... so, I guess I should've said that the video lags, not the laptop. :tbh:

Archived