When will Britney?

Scrappy

Opinion: So, while Taylor Swift is campaigning for the LGBTQ community and putting out vids to stress this point, using her money and fame to make a positive difference, Brit is over here worried about paps photoshopping her butt and insta. comments... tragic lol.

I know the c-ship has pretty much made it impossible for Brit to grow as a person or to form any opinions, but it seems she let them also take away her positive impact. I fear she’s in s little bubble and has forgotten that with privilege comes responsibility. She’s in real danger of becoming so shallow and self-absorbed that she’s unrecognizable. That’s my fear at least.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can attest that mental illness is no joke. Given her current situation I think it's fair that she should focus only on getting well. It's not her job to change the world just because she's rich and famous. Sometimes the best you can do during these hard times is just survive. If anything, her continued success serves as an inspiration for the mental health community that people do recover.

I personally don’t think it’s such a big deal. She comes from a different era than today’s big pop stars. She’s been vocal about her support of the LGBT in the past and we know that she cares, so that’s enough. Everyone had been jumping on the Gay train this month more than ever to make a quick buck. It’s not a good look and I’m happy that Britney is not doing that. 

4 hours ago, Scrappy said:

Opinion: So, while Taylor Swift is campaigning for the LGBTQ community and putting out vids to stress this point, using her money and fame to make a positive difference, Brit is over here worried about paps photoshopping her butt and insta. comments... tragic lol.

I know the c-ship has pretty much made it impossible for Brit to grow as a person or to form any opinions, but it seems she let them also take away her positive impact. I fear she’s in s little bubble and has forgotten that with privilege comes responsibility. She’s in real danger of becoming so shallow and self-absorbed that she’s unrecognizable. That’s my fear at least.

Plus maybe let's not forget this

:overitkbye:

2 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Im more annoyed at the fact that none of the drag queens dressed like Britney in Taylor's video. They even got Adele. 

U mean : they even got CARDI B ffs!

I am surprised she didn't put frikking Camila there lmao
Shade that she didn't put Selena aka her best friend lololol

7 hours ago, Prince Ali said:

Snake is using LGBT for her own benefit because it is 'cool' now to be supporting LGBT and she wants a gay following...

Where was she 3 years ago with her 'support' ? :arianabye:

I think you forget this little ditty: 

Plus you know... Taylor is part of that community. Secretly.

7 hours ago, MikeMasi said:

I actually asked about something similar to this and got my *** chewed for it. 

I think there's a certain level of 'ignorance is bliss' at play here. I genuinely don't think Britney is willfully supportive of the community at all and is very religious, but it doesn't make me dislike her.  

6 minutes ago, f**knfurter said:

Yes, let's be like the person clearly only doing this to help us and not at all for publicity, during this, Pride Month..... :haha:

No, thanks.

Lord forbid someone celebrates pride month. Other celebs should fear being labelled publicity hoes rather than take the risk of showing off their ally status... or coming out. 

4 hours ago, Panos said:

Britney doesn't want to separate people...or use them for her own benefit. :divaney:

“I wanna be a virgin till I get married” LOL      She did use people, teenage girls mostly, to sell records. Each of these popostars has done it somehow. 

Britney has done SO much for the LGBTQ community in the past 3 years alone, let her breathe! Just because she didn't do that much this year (because she's trying to get free) doesnt mean she hasnt done anything! :gelis:

Here are a few examples from 2016-now:

1. 2016: Britney teamed up with others to record Hands. The song benefitted Equality Florida, The LGBTQ Community Center of Central Florida and GLAAD

2. 2017: she signed an open letter against 2 anti-LGBTQ bills, which targeted transgender youth. The bills were later defeated

3. 2017: Britney helped write a song called Igual which is about freedom of love and a manifesto against violence against LGBTQ-people in Brazil. All proceeds were donated to an organization that helps the LGBTQ community in Brazil.

4. 2017: Britney wrote a letter to all her gay fans, where she praised us, saying how we inspire her and make her strive to be a better person

These are just some examples so dont try to tell me Britney didnt use her status to help the LGTBQ commubnity and people in general. Remember the Nevada Childhood foundation? Yes? Good, because it happened with Britney's help and large input :sipney::divaney:

Some of yall are ungrateful af :fu:

19 hours ago, Scrappy said:

I think you forget this little ditty: 

Plus you know... Taylor is part of that community. Secretly.

She seemed more pissed off because that pap was literally just filming her with his lights on :badthoughts:

plus,  she’s right,  gay videos ARE in :demi:

14 hours ago, Blackout93 said:

“I wanna be a virgin till I get married” LOL      She did use people, teenage girls mostly, to sell records. Each of these popostars has done it somehow. 

That was a personal belief...she wanted to stay virgin but she failed...but that doesnt mean that she used people.

21 hours ago, Blackout93 said:

It was nobody's business to ask Teenagerney those questions, I'm sure I would have said I was a virgin too if rude reporters were asking me if I was a virgin... :mhm:

Archived