Awesome NY Times Article about Britney

Stefi Hilton

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really bad article that makes us look as psychos, from a newspaper that has given up with inquisitive journalism and made 'defending the status quo' in politics and society its editorial policy. My point of view is that if we finish to question the status quo, we'll never manage to keep people in position of power (the conservators in this case) accountable for their actions.

The words 'conspiracy theories' and 'right to privacy' are just a great ways to hide the truth, preserve things as they are, and control individuals.

Also the timing is pretty suspicious, given that many big tabloids such as US weekly, Daily Mail are currently reporting that her team deletes positive comments. Perhaps damage control required a more 'reliable' newspaper. 

Of course Lou has big connections in the media industry. I hope at least that this article has cost her a fortune. 

4 hours ago, Thelionheart263 said:

Really bad article that makes us look as psychos, from a newspaper that has given up with inquisitive journalism and made 'defending the status quo' in politics and society its editorial policy. My point of view is that if we finish to question the status quo, we'll never manage to keep people in position of power (the conservators in this case) accountable for their actions.

The words 'conspiracy theories' and 'right to privacy' are just a great ways to hide the truth, preserve things as they are, and control individuals.

Also the timing is pretty suspicious, given that many big tabloids such as US weekly, Daily Mail are currently reporting that her team deletes positive comments. Perhaps damage control required a more 'reliable' newspaper. 

Of course Lou has big connections in the media industry. I hope at least that this article has cost her a fortune. 

I doubt you read the whole article. It mostly criticizes the approach of her Instagram posts. It’s a critical point of view not only on Britney but on her whole team.

Choice snippits

Spoiler

It’s widely known (though never acknowledged on her page) that Spears’s adult welfare is under the conservatorship of her father. Although herself a mother of two adolescents, Spears is legally unable to make personal or financial decisions without his oversight; even minor incidental purchases are tracked. Inevitably, this arrangement leads people to wonder if Spears is slapping on a smiley face because she wants to or because she has been ordered to by the entity in charge of her. 

Spoiler

Now the photos are coming from inside the house — they must, to convince an audience of casual observers that she is not being held hostage. Spears is allowed to exist out of the public eye but only if she can prove her existence by sharing private videos of herself with the public. Instagram has made it not only easier but virtually obligatory for celebrities seeking favor to show scenes from their home lives. Yet the histrionic reactions below Spears’s posts (“Something is very wrong here”) suggests viewers are seeking not real-life depictions but the boudoir photo equivalent.

Spoiler

She doesn’t smile. Because Spears is on a “hiatus,” this was ostensibly a peek at her free time. But it certainly looks like a job.

Archived