Just Updated Britney's Wiki Picture

alienatedNey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

The people on Wikipedia with most power and influence are literally always those with like zero taste. Wikipedia badly needs more gays in charge because the photos of all the gay Queens are literally the pits and I see a clear agenda there.

The blatant homophobia is concerning.

#FreeBritney'sWikipediaPicture

Mariah Carey WBLS 2018 Interview 4.jpg

Mariah's pic is cute at least

11 hours ago, OneTrackMind said:

Is that him? Perhaps we should harass him a little bit so he leaves Britney alone  :jj:

https://twitter.com/glennfrancis?lang=de

Harrasment sounds like a bad idea... I think we should first try and find a photo that fits all their requirements and then, if it gets reverted back to the 2013 pick, bring out the big guns. :evilpatrick:

So far, the requirements we know about are:

• no microphone or anything else blocking the face
  • a shot from the chest up
9 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

I wonder if the leaked Make Me video footage is copyrighted since it was scrapped and David LaChapelle wants nothing to do with it...

We could potentially use a screengrab from the video if there's no copyright

bri.jpg

That pic is A•MA•ZING! :yasqueen:

We could definitely use that one.

Guys, all of your efforts are going to be useless if you didn't take the picture yourself or have the permission of someone who did. I agree that the 2013 picture is dated, but it does look professional for an encyclopedia article. Perhaps find someone who attended the Domination announcement and see if you can get their permission to use the picture on Wikipedia with a creative commons license.

32 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

I wonder if the leaked Make Me video footage is copyrighted since it was scrapped and David LaChapelle wants nothing to do with it...

bri.jpg

Stuff like this can only be used if there's no free equivalent available or there never will be (i.e. if a celebrity passes away). Since the 2013 picture is suitable, uploading this would be considered a copyright violation and would be taken down. In Britney's case, screenshots are going to be off limits.

• Super Mods

Yeah, I believe U.S copyright law only allows images to be used on Wikipedia that have no copyright restrictions, or if permission from the photographer has been granted. Obviously, photographers that take high resolution photographs of Britney would only let the public have access to their image if it would make them a lot of money.

If a fan is going to try changing her image, you can do a Google Image search for Britney, then go to Tools, Usage Rights, and then "Reuse" or "Reuse with modification". Whatever images show up there, would be free to use on Wikipedia... to my knowledge! You would still probably have to double check, though!

Some options include:

Spoiler

Britney_Spears_2013_(Straighten_Crop).jpg Britney-Spears-Vegas-July-13-2016.jpg

play_icon_overlay.png 3895084647_c041ba36ed_z.jpg

Britney_Spears_on_a_Persian_poster.jpg Britney_Spears,_Roundhouse,_London_(Apple_Music_Festival_2016)_(30072929931)_(cropped).jpg

:cackling::cackling::cackling::cackling::cackling::cackling:

On 6/17/2019 at 4:37 PM, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

i died when they claimed the other user defending you was a "sock puppet" account and blocked them indefinitely :lowkeyno:

they're crazy

i feel like i went into the dark web :airpls:

23 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

I mean lbr, the mic covers a part of her current face that we wouldn't be too mad about people not seeing :heresthetea:

What pictures are allowed to use? I suppose pics from events require permision from the photographer, right? So is it only pics taken by fans?

basically it's either pics you took yourself or pics with no copyrights (can be found on flickr :gross:) but most of em are already uploaded, just like the Apple Music Festival pic.

21 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

Worry not, @alienatedNey, I already have an account on Wikipedia.

have you ever tried changing her pic? I HAVE BEEN BLOCKED FOR A WEEK :britdrown: also, i think we need a closeup pic of her and i am100% sure that the one you posted will be reverted again. 

20 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

The people on Wikipedia with most power and influence are literally always those with like zero taste. Wikipedia badly needs more gays in charge because the photos of all the gay Queens are literally the pits and I see a clear agenda there.

The blatant homophobia is concerning.

#FreeBritney'sWikipediaPicture

It's really not fair because if you look at most other singers' wiki, they all have decent pic and i am pretty sure its because their die-hard fans get to handle the pages.

17 hours ago, Alexa said:

I'm pretty sure you can use video screencaps, as evidenced by a few pages I've seen. Maybe something from the VMA red carpet.

tumblr_oni4r5i2nI1r9nlfxo1_250.gif

really?? we should give it a try then. i'm blocked for a week though. i cant believe this 

16 hours ago, December02 said:

I hate that old picture. It doesn't look like her now at all and didn't really look like her then. My avi should totally be the pic :tiffanynod:

It's totally her team trying to sabotage her

your avi is one of her best picture ever that makeup, lighting are flawfless. i wonder if we can use pictures taken from her instagram account? :ponderney:

21 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

800px-Madonna_Rebel_Heart_Tour_2015_-_Stockholm_(23051472299)_(cropped_2).jpgMeghan_Trainor_2015_(cropped).jpg

yet these (^) and even better - this picture of Cher from the 70s - are completely fine:

Cher_-_Casablanca.jpg

:umomg:

literally wtaf though :badthoughts: as i said, i think there needs to be lots of people backing up the Apple Music Festival picture in the talk page so that it can be used. 

14 hours ago, Isla said:

Here's some more examples of singers holding mics and some aren't that great (Eminem deserves a better pic)... but what does Wikipedia know anyway?

Eminem - Concert for Valor in Washington, D.C. Nov. 11, 2014 (2) (Cropped).jpg

Hayley Williams crop.jpg

Picture of Beyoncé

A photograph of Michael Jackson singing into a microphone

170526-N-EO381-052 Miley Cyrus on Today show.jpg

Niall Horan 1 (27137634098).jpg

Whitney Houston Welcome Home Heroes 1 cropped.jpg

oh wow this can definitely be used as a backup on the talk section of her wiki page. unfortunately, only one user backed me up on the discussion there (and he was blocked as they claimed he was a sock puppet of me) I HAVE NO f**king WORDS :gloria:

14 hours ago, OneTrackMind said:

Is that him? Perhaps we should harass him a little bit so he leaves Britney alone  :jj:

https://twitter.com/glennfrancis?lang=de

**** YES WE SHOULD!

12 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

bri.jpg

its worth a try :mhm:

12 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

Harrasment sounds like a bad idea... I think we should first try and find a photo that fits all their requirements and then, if it gets reverted back to the 2013 pick, bring out the big guns. :evilpatrick:

So far, the requirements we know about are:

• no microphone or anything else blocking the face
  • a shot from the chest up

That pic is A•MA•ZING! :yasqueen:

We could definitely use that one.

dont you think the "no microphone or whatever blocking her face" is stupid? when lots of singers' pic use pics like that as discussed in this thread?? 

19 minutes ago, alienatedNey said:

have you ever tried changing her pic?

No, I've never changed any pictures on Wikipedia, since I don't know how to do that. So far, I only do small corrections on music and aviation related pages. The most complex thing I've done so far is changing the format of genres listed for a song or album from:

|genre = [[Genre 1]], [[genre 2]], [[genre 3]]

to:

|genre = {{hlist|[[Genre 1]]|[[genre 2]]|[[genre 3]]}}

I like both pictures for different reasons and think maybe there's a better 3rd option...

... BUT OH MY GOSH, Wikipedia users are SOOO RUDE (and presumptuous)!!!

I already knew I wouldn't want to bother with them. Ugh, they make me mad. :icant:

ETA: From what I know about Wikipedia, they're super salty about changes. They hate direct changes and prefer people to use the talk section to merely suggest changes. Direct changes are highly likely to get reverted. If you want a better picture used, I suggest proposing changes in the discussion area and AVOID making direct changes. I think that's how those particular nerds are there. Very cliquey, I think. The "cool" kid nerds get to have free-range and noobs get crushed. :icant2:

19 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

Just found a good pic where she's holding a mic but her full face is showing, it's super recent but she's looking fresh

Hide contents

britney-spears-star-search-GC.jpg

they wont allow it because "the MIc iS CovERing HeR FacE"

18 hours ago, DarkOut said:

I like both pictures for different reasons and think maybe there's a better 3rd option...

... BUT OH MY GOSH, Wikipedia users are SOOO RUDE (and presumptuous)!!!

I already knew I wouldn't want to bother with them. Ugh, they make me mad. :icant:

ETA: From what I know about Wikipedia, they're super salty about changes. They hate direct changes and prefer people to use the talk section to merely suggest changes. Direct changes are highly likely to get reverted. If you want a better picture used, I suggest proposing changes in the discussion area and AVOID making direct changes. I think that's how those particular nerds are there. Very cliquey, I think. The "cool" kid nerds get to have free-range and noobs get crushed. :icant2:

i agree idk how old are they but they all seem so........ rustic

I'm mad because most celebs wiki main pics are new and we have to stuck to that old pic for 6 goddam years :nochillbrit:

Archived