Just Updated Britney's Wiki Picture

alienatedNey

Wikipedia's policy won't allow users to upload pics that are copyrighted though so it means the picture needs to either get permissions, taken by yourself or has no copyrights. 

It wasn't easy to edit her page, you'd need to have at least make 10 edits on wiki first before you could edit hers, and so I did :endit: 

we all know that her wiki pic has not been changed since 2013 and everytime users tried to change it, it got reverted back.

So i tried to change her pic before it was reverted back minutes after and it turns out the one that has been reverting it was the photographer of that horrendous, heavily edited 2013 pic with the reason of reverting "restoring the original photo that a bot removed". :whatitellu::nochillbrit:

and so, last night I changed it once again with the reason that her photo needs to be more recent instead of a 2013 pic and that literally every celeb has at least a 2015 pic being used.

I even wrote a message to the photographer's wiki saying that he needs to stop. So far the pic has stayed that without any reverting and i hope it stays that way. :unreal:

i hope you guys like the updated pic :qtbrit: 

Britney_Spears_2013.jpg800px-Britney_Spears,_Roundhouse,_London

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britney_Spears

EDIT : I DONT KNOW HOW LONG THIS IS GONNA LAST BECAUSE THEY KEEP PUTTING REASONS TO NOT CHANGE THE PICTURE SUCH AS THERE IS A MIC COVERING HER FACE ETC. IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY NICE PIC OF HERS THAT WAS TAKEN BY YOURSELF, DO TELL.

EDIT 2: I HAVE BEEN BLOCKED FROM MAKING ANY AMENDMENT TO HER PAGE AND THEY HAVE REVERTED THE PIC BACK TO THE 2013 ONE. You guys can see in this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Britney_Spears  on how they disagree with the pic i choose (claiming a mic is blocking her face and her facial expression is weird) when in fact most singers' wiki pic such as Miley, Madonna, Eminem, Avril, Xtina and Beyonce have mics on their face. 

Sadly, only one user backed me up and even him has been blocked :airpls:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

The old pic was nice for a while but I agree, outdated. I’m glad you picked a nice picture of her performing. She looks like she was having fun :) 

I agree. Some people tried to use a pic of her performing BOMT in the white outfit and i thought it wasn’t that flattering.

3 hours ago, Invitation said:

I like it, but I love the photo on your avatar even more.

me too unfortunately it cant be used because of copyrights ugh.

3 hours ago, RealLarryRudolph said:

You should have put @Britman512 photo :demi:

lmao might as well just put Loucifer's pic then :badthoughts:

3 hours ago, This pu$$y biteback said:

I see the wango tango pic 

ugh :badthoughts: fixed again.

3 hours ago, f**knfurter said:

Oh my God, same. He changed it back. :nyheadache:

THIS TIME IT WAS CHANGED WITH THE REASON "THE PICTURE DOES NOT DISPLAY HER FULL FACE BECAUSE OF THE MIC". i f**king swear :badthoughts:

12 hours ago, alienatedNey said:

THIS TIME IT WAS CHANGED WITH THE REASON "THE PICTURE DOES NOT DISPLAY HER FULL FACE BECAUSE OF THE MIC". i f**king swear :badthoughts:

That's a joke right? There's plenty of singers who have wiki pictures who are wearing/holding mics?? I see the Apple Music Festival pic but I am worried it'll get changed :orangu: 

14 minutes ago, Isla said:

That's a joke right? There's plenty of singers who have wiki pictures who are wearing/holding mics?? I see the Apple Music Festival pic but I am worried it'll get changed :orangu: 

It's an excuse he's using, because he's using Britney's Wiki as his own promotional tool for his photography. :orangu: God, L.A.

It's a pretty good pic. She's a performer and is pictured… performing lol. Mic or not, the pic makes sense. And I'm glad it's a more recent photo.

The thing about that old photo is, she looked great that day! Absolutely no reason for any of that excessive filter/editing. 

Archived